• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

Fans of GB Prime and GB's #1 rated show don't need validation. Maybe one day GB Least and its smaller, insecure fan base will be able to say the same.

Maybe if Dan or Vinny continue to excel in the minors they'll finally be called up to the big leagues.

Cherry picking? The Dan examples are only of his first month-and-half or so. I wasn't signed-up for GB when Partick started.

The point is it's a quick way to evaluate the contribution of Ben and other new hires.
Dan spearheaded content like mad; Austin, at the minimum, offered different povs, arguments and covered games others didn't. What did Ben bring to the table since he joined? He's 23 Jeff and 1'3 Brad on tastes, type of games and interests but without the charm and effortlessness. And yes, his voice is not ideal for this line of work. Not sure what's controversial about this comment.

There are people who were dying to have his job and Ben is frankly doing nothing with this big chance he was given. I at least have expected him to have a stream of 'here's me, that's my jam, let me stream some of my most liked games ever' in his first days. He's content being in the back-seat and backing up Jeff. Where's the initiative? Where's trying new stuff and see what sticks? I'm sure other applicants had things planned in their heads of what they'll do and this feature and that feature.

Does anyone think Ben is 'earning his spot' with the work he's done so far? That he's doing stuff most any other hire wouldn't have done? As a subscriber i'm dissatisfied but i were an applicant i'd be angry of how little Ben is trying.

On top of Ben not spurring newfresh content, in my opinion he's also bringing current ones down. I'm skipping and avoiding much more content, the guy just rubs me the wrong way. I don't have a problem giving him credit if and when it's due.

But it all boils down to Ben not making my watching experience more enjoyable. Dan, Austin and even non-member Backalar added to my enjoyment of GB content. Ben, at best, has no impact.

Hard to disgree. Like even Abby has the benefit that shes not a huge gamer, so hearing hwr opinion as someone whos being exposed to the industry stuff and new games is interesting. It helps that she has an actinf background so shes able to actually enunciate correctly and able to have an interesting conversation.

Ben is just..there. Maybe its that GBWest is low energy, but even Dan was able to make it with more or less the same people.

Catvoca

Banned
I think Ben is really entertaining. I enjoy content with him more than anyone else right now. His "forced attempts at being goofy and funny" are more enjoyable to me than any of The Beastcast's amateur improv

oti

Banned
I think Ben is really entertaining. I enjoy content with him more than anyone else right now. His "forced attempts at being goofy and funny" are more enjoyable to me than any of The Beastcast's amateur improv

Fewer forced bits altogether is the way to go. Ben doesn't have to make everything funny. Vinny doesn't have to push Abby into more improv.

I find it weird when someone focuses on one person when GB ever since its inception has been a group effort where everyone of them builds on each others weaknesses. Like seeing GB as only EAST VS WEST and then going even deeper with seeing GB as just one person just seems real fucking weird to me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I find it weird when someone focuses on one person when GB ever since its inception has been a group effort where everyone of them builds on each others weaknesses. Like seeing GB as only EAST VS WEST and then going even deeper with seeing GB as just one person just seems real fucking weird to me.
Not when you got a bunch of chatty pattys in a group and need to turn everything into an episode of All My Children.

Not when you got a bunch of chatty pattys in a group and need to turn everything into an episode of All My Children.

God, All My Children. Haven't heard about that in so long. Last thing I remember happening was a tornado wiping out someone, but they ended up coming back or something lol

oti

Banned
Listened to an episode of Planet Money about the Chuck E Cheese business model and remembered Vinny saying he hated it. Googled Chuck E Chesse.

Jesus. Those are nightmare robots.

The East vs West thing has happened naturally due to the massive difference in output (style for sure and arguably quality), it's really not that weird that it's happened, nobody has forced it and it's even weirder to pretend it doesn't exist or isn't a valid observation.

Agree on dragging Ben though.

oti

Banned
I'm glad the QL confirmed that Crash is still terrible and the fact that it's selling well is why God abandoned us

Crash is still Crash. OK game. Not amazing. At least it's not like with Sonic, where """""some""""" people believe it was actually good at some point between the big bang and today.

No.

The East vs West thing has happened naturally due to the massive difference in output (style for sure and arguably quality), it's really not that weird that it's happened, nobody has forced it and it's even weirder to pretend it doesn't exist or isn't a valid observation.

Agree on dragging Ben though.

Both have different styles and I'm glad both exist. Sometimes it feels people just want one to exist lol. I mean, of course I want everyone to be in one room but that's just not realistic. Such is life.

Aselith

Yeah as much as I love the dude I don't remember him for bringing in new unique video content.

His stint with GBeast was the East's golden period though, holy crap. Yet to be rivaled.

Well, he did definitely force them to do Quick Looks outside their wheelhouse. Bless him for bringing giant robots to GB for a time.

Salarians

God, All My Children. Haven't heard about that in so long. Last thing I remember happening was a tornado wiping out someone, but they ended up coming back or something lol
all I know about that show from it being on in the background occasionally is that I remember seeing Eden Riegel on it for a while and she has since voiced a whole bunch of game characters

and that's the All My Children trivia for tonight

- J - D -

Didn't Austin write a bunch of articles on the site? Or maybe I'm only thinking that because one drop seems like a torrent since there's really no noteworthy editorials written for the site anymore.

oti

Banned
You didn't figure that out with Mario Kart XL's sales?

giphy.gif

oti

Banned
It sold well, we have to wait for Pokken Double Entree™ sales to come in before we can comment on nintendos remaster sales

That game is fairly well liked as far as I know. I didn't like it myself but that doesn't mean it's bad. It wouldn't surprise me if it sold well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FF15 is the first rpg I've played with ZERO character arcs. Either everyone remains the same or they just change characters completely on a dime through random exposition
That game is fairly well liked as far as I know. I didn't like it myself but that doesn't mean it's bad. It wouldn't surprise me if it sold well.

so like Crash

oti

Banned
like Crash is WAY better than Grow Home and they rated that game really high

Don't remind me of that trash opinion.
Brad acting as if Grow Home was this amazing revolutionary platform experience or whatever was infuriating. It's a one note game. Charming for the first 20 minutes but very one note. It's as if a game has got to be tedious in order for Brad to really enjoy it.

Ashby

Why did no one bring up that Dan was stealing the popcorn and soda from the movie theatre by doing that? The man is a criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom