• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

That modesto / stanislaus county talk getting me nostalgic. Literally nothing to do, why I got into playing games in the first place.

nothing to do but crime and taco trucks / teriyaki chicken bowl

drabnon

Dan is going to win Steal my Sunshine; it's just fate. Vinny is going to have the most shines and then Dan will get a random gumball or some other bullshit and win.

Okay, got caught up on this thread.

Bombcast was great. Ben made Brad crack up so that's always good to see.

Meanwhile I've been playing Serial Cleaner and holy shit, that game gets tougher the farther you get. It was like Breaking Blitz, I was cursing at the TV and yet I just kept going. I'm on the 17th contract and Jebus is it tough.

Gurrry

I know everyone is talking about Smashmouth but it reminded me of the time I went to a random arcade and the lead singer of Bare Naked Ladies was there and performed an acoustic set.

Random as fuck.

jtar86

Can't decide if I want to listen to the bombast and just zone out and play rimworld or play Pyre. Really leaning towards Pyre which seems like a good podcast game for just the battles but since its supergiant I'm guessing the music is phenomenal and something I won't want to miss.

Scizzy

So I'm listening to last week's Beastcast and Dan said he needed to hire people to hang pictures in his apartment. Is this somehow more complicated than hammering a nail into the wall?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wasn't going to get Pyre because while I like bastion a lot transistor didn't interest me.

I think I'm going to get Pyre.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also with absolutely no way to tell the people you've added that you actually want to play with them through the game or even the console itself.

drabnon

Listening to the Bombcast right now and got to the part where they talk about Splatoon. What are the odds that Nintendo decides to build voice chat/lobby systems into the OS rather than the app thing? It's literally the most unappealing part of the system to me right now (and I don't even play that many online games)

Listening to the Bombcast right now and got to the part where they talk about Splatoon. What are the odds that Nintendo decides to build voice chat/lobby systems into the OS rather than the app thing? It's literally the most unappealing part of the system to me right now (and I don't even play that many online games)

Literally less than zero.

I think Bastion is the one that's most accessible of their games in terms of gameplay which is why most people love it. This and Transistor both do interesting stuff and have a unique take on things which is why I respect them more? All of their 3 games are awesome in their own way however, I need more time with Pyre which is why I'm waiting for the weekend.

e: I should mention that Bastion is my favorite out of the bunch. I'm also glad Dan is out there discussing his opinion whether it was positive or negative.

I'm sorry Brad. I was appalled when you showed us the way you view Steam. I have been using that view for a while and it is good.

I'll never doubt you again.

8vyHsRi.gif

BearPawB

Banned
Even if the voice chat was the way it should be there is no way I would ever use it. I don't want to talk to any squid kids

*I don't understand why Rorie content never goes on the site.
Jason has said it would be easy to do.

FOYtnEp.png

(This is a real tweet)

With Alex and Dan having polar opposite opinions, I'd love to see them both do the Quick Look together. Would be interesting.

drabnon

FOYtnEp.png

(This is a real tweet)

With Alex and Dan having polar opposite opinions, I'd love to see them both do the Quick Look together. Would be interesting.

Fun role reversal, because Dan has the reputation of being positive and Alex has a reputation for being negative (although I think that's overblown)

Fun role reversal, because Dan has the reputation of being positive and Alex has a reputation for being negative (although I think that's overblown)

Alex is one of the more positive guys on staff when it comes to games. He's just negative/cynical about real-world stuff.

hmm

Dan: You know I don't like pyre, but it's ok. The art and music are nice?
Alex: Like Man, you just don't know. The art is reminiscent of Geiger, back when his deepest darkness influenced him. The music is like Bach, a dark melody accompanied by the chimes of happiness.
Dan: Uhm...ok. Well, it controls good!
Alex: It controls like how I wish I could control my soul, but my soul is a bastion of darkness
Dan: Bastion! I see what you did there :)
Alex: Just leave me alone let me wallow in my dystopiac ball game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom