• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Also with absolutely no way to tell the people you've added that you actually want to play with them through the game or even the console itself.

This is garbage. I was actually looking at my phone contemplating actually ringing you because that would be the best way to get your attention so we could shoot fish.

daveo42

Banned
FRqgyVB.jpg

Great. Now Dan will shit on the game during GotY probably because:
It's too anime
The combat is repetitive
The story doesn't make sense

Which, btw, are all things that could be attributed to the MGS franchise.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is garbage. I was actually looking at my phone contemplating actually ringing you because that would be the best way to get your attention so we could shoot fish.

I mean just shoot me a PM on discord lol, but yeaaaaaaaaah.

Like if nintendo are afraid of pedophiles talking to kids or whatever they could at least have like a generic invite thing.

Great. Now Dan will shit on the game during GotY probably because:
It's too anime
The combat is repetitive
The story doesn't make sense

Which, btw, are all things that could be attributed to the MGS franchise.

It's a fake tweet.

Pat Baer is tweeting about GB Unarchived right now

I can sympathize but I feel most people on the internet just don't want to wait. Unless you're doing memes(hell they even gave a name for old memes!), everything else is going to be late in internet time which is a shame. At the same time I'm sure the GBU channel doesn't have any ill intent. They upload everything GB related from mixlrs to periscopes and the like so, yeah.

hamchan

Yes more fighting during GOTY please.

Except this time can the good guys win unlike the Skyrim vs Saints Row debate or the Destiny debates where the heel won.

TraBuch

Banned
I don't think it really makes sense to put up someone else's video on that channel. I always thought it was more for, you know, unarchived videos.

I kinda want a Beast in the East style feature, but with Nier Automata and with Dan playing and Alex leaving Dan and Vinny to work out the story and characters. It would probably be terrible and I would love every second of it

Rainmaker

Banned
Yup. GBU I think posts that shit mere hours after it ends but it's the stream raw. Not edited and not in the highest of qualities.

Yeah. For some reason I thought they pulled that kind of stuff once the legit version goes up but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I enjoy that channel and they work really hard on getting that stuff on there so quickly.

ryseing

Fortnite is an... interesting game. There's a big focus on repeating content to fulfill different quests and such, and there are a TON of menus. Apparently the monetization stuff gets harsher mid/lategame, which sucks since there's a $40 minimum buy in ATM.

Actual gameplay is fun- shooting feels good, and once I got the hang of the building stuff I found that it was quite adaptable. There are also abilities you can unlock like air strikes.

I saw one person saying it's a mobile F2P game with AAA gameplay, and that comparison isn't entirely inaccurate. I am still enjoying myself. If any duders ITT want to play on PS4 let me know.

Genuinely trying to follow along on the podcast and Fortnite sounds incomprehensible

There are a ton of subsystems, some of which I suspect are there just to increase the loot drop pool. The survivor stuff is nonsense and really needs to be stripped back. SIX different skill and research trees. Three different types of loot boxes, one of which rotates daily, and amusingly are called pinatas. You get to whack them and it's kinda fun.

BearPawB

Banned
Fortnite is an... interesting game. There's a big focus on repeating content to fulfill different quests and such, and there are a TON of menus. Apparently the monetization stuff gets harsher mid/lategame, which sucks since there's a $40 minimum buy in ATM.

Actual gameplay is fun- shooting feels good, and once I got the hang of the building stuff I found that it was quite adaptable. There are also abilities you can unlock like air strikes.

I saw one person saying it's a mobile F2P game with AAA gameplay, and that comparison isn't entirely inaccurate. I am still enjoying myself. If any duders ITT want to play on PS4 let me know.

I want to...but I can't really justify $40 on an untested f2p game

ryseing

I want to...but I can't really justify $40 on an untested f2p game

Completely justifiable, and honestly I wouldn't commit unless you're open to spending the full $60 since the extra stuff is a huge help early game. Got a few decent drops from the pinatas they give you that I've still been using, as the quest rewards aren't great.

You could always see if anyone is selling their extra keys that come in the higher tier editions.

There are a ton of subsystems, some of which I suspect are there just to increase the loot drop pool. The survivor stuff is nonsense and really needs to be stripped back. SIX different skill and research trees. Three different types of loot boxes, one of which rotates daily, and amusingly are called pinatas. You get to whack them and it's kinda fun.
I posted fuck tons of pics a few days ago. It certainly is quite something. I also got it before I knew it was early access, like I read that July 25th was the release date only to find out it's actually early access shit lol I should've researched more but I had disposable income and I didn't mind getting it to fuck around with my cousin or a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom