• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Started playing Zelda and so far getting used to the controls coming from Horizon is a pain.

Haven't left the starting area yet and I've seen more impressing stuff that my entire time with Horizon.

derFeef

Started playing Zelda and so far getting used to the controls coming from Horizon is a pain.

Haven't left the starting area yet and I've seen more impressing stuff that my entire time with Horizon.

Oh you got your Switch, cool beans.
Enjoy, Zelda is a time for forever I feel - I kept away from it for too long and coming back is a bit tough, but I do want to play more for sure.

LiK

The exploration is cool but BotW combat is inferior, imo

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Listening to the 1099 Abbycast and I do have to say I was a bit uncertain when she first came on how much she'd be on camera also, but I love that once it was clear how well she fit they've gone ahead and included her in all the streams and significant content

Giant Bombcast 491: Just a Bowl of Dough
2953094-smash.jpg

Fresh off the state fair, noted Australian Ben regales us with tales of '90s bands and corndogs before we sink our teeth into Pyre, Splatoon 2, Kingsway, Fortnite, the Pokemon Go kerfuffle, the pitfalls of nostalgia, and a quick lesson on some slang from down undah.
Filed Under: Donkey Kong Jr., Atari, THQ Nordic, Wing Commander, Superhot, Pokémon Go, Pyre, Prey, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Splatoon 2, Kingsway, Australia, Steven Spielberg, Axl Rose, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Hot Dog, Rum, Keyboard

kiguel182

Oh you got your Switch, cool beans.
Enjoy, Zelda is a time for forever I feel - I kept away from it for too long and coming back is a bit tough, but I do want to play more for sure.

Got it last week with Splatoon. Loving the system so far.

The exploration is cool but BotW combat is inferior, imo

I didn't like fighting humans in Horizon, really enjoyed the machines. Zelda's combat feels like Zelda combat so far.

How dynamic the world is, even at the start, is a bit contrast compared to Horizons static environments.

Movement is also better. He "cinematic" climbing in Horizon was too fake.

These are my first impressions of course. There's still a lot of Zelda to be played!

pizzacat

Banned
My brother had a genesis and straight to ps1

I got a dreamcast with a fight stick and played all of its ports, looking back they were bad ports but it's what really got me into fighting games so sega consoles are alright

I'll do the PCE if you do the Genesis

Alien Storm
Gain Ground
Revenge of Shinobi
Shinobi III
ToeJam & Earl
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
Bonanza Bros
Puyo Puyo Tsu
Thunder Force III
Thunder Force IV
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star IV
Columns
Gunstar Heroes
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Monster World IV
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
OutRun
Ristar
Decap Attack
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Dynamite Headdy
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Alien Soldier

Ashby

I topped out at 22 but these are all actually Good Games:

Bonk 1
Bonk 2
Bonk 3
Air Zonk
Super Air Zonk
Bomberman '93
Neutopia I
Neutopia II
Klax
Military Madness
Alien Crush
Star Parodier
Atomic Robokid
Ys I & II
Parasol Stars
Magical Chase
Ninja Spirit
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
R-Type
Blazing Lazers
Soldier Blade
Devil's Crush

Phediuk

Here's my stab at a Genesis Classic:

Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Phantasy Star 4
Shining Force 2
Streets of Rage 2
Ranger-X
Mega Turrican
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Headdy
Alien Soldier
Revenge of Shinobi
Shinobi 3
Thunder Force 4
Herzog Zwei
Castlevania Bloodlines
Rocket Knight Adventures
Toejam & Earl
Kid Chameleon
Contra Hard Corps
Beyond Oasis
Landstalker
Ristar
Sub-terrania
Comix Zone
Ecco: The Tides of Time
Alisia Dragoon
El Viento
Earthworm Jim

That lineup would be absolutely killer. Now of course, nothing this cool would ever happen, but I can dream.

by the way, those were just the first-party games

You know, I read through the list and was about to say "Where the fuck is Dynamite Headdy," but then when I was typing the reply I finally saw it. Acceptable list.

Edit: Actually, where the fuck is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?

Puyo Puyo Tsu makes Mean Bean Machine redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom