• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
When even thread regulars fall for it so easily, that's a problem. You have that stuff out there with their name and it sucks, sorry.

imBask

Banned
xi34E0O.png

Real Hero

I don't get why they all think it is so hard for Nintendo to put out a Nintendo 64 mini with 15 decent games on it. Also Ben is a trash tier millennial, Lugia a big blue dog?

kiguel182

I have a Zelda question:

Do I have to go back to the Temple of Time to cash in the shrine thingys?

Also, Zelda is really good you guys. Unlocked the Shrine sensor and it's a bit annoying having to go search for them but exploring is so fun that I'm okay with it. Also, not being able to swap stuff once your inventory is full is some oversight.

kingocfs

I miss babyface Jeff

I have a Zelda question:

Also, Zelda is really good you guys. Unlocked the Shrine sensor and it's a bit annoying having to go search for them but exploring is so fun that I'm okay with it. Also, not being able to swap stuff once your inventory is full is some oversight.

You can cash them in in Kakariko Village too.

Tubobutts

I have a Zelda question:

No they have a statue in most of the towns.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have a Zelda question:

Turn off the shrine indicator. Trust me on this. Makes finding shrines so much more rewarding.

Also each town has a goddess statue for you to turn in your orb thingamabobs.

oti

Banned
I have a Zelda question:

No. You'll find more statues to cash in all your shrine thingies. Don't worry about it and just continue exploring.

derFeef

Oh yeah I thought the shrine sensor was cool but after 5 minutes I turned it off. I am a minimal hud believer anyway in this game.

I have a Zelda question:

You can cash them in at any of those Goddess Statues, there are multiple throughout the world. Zelda is awesome, glad you are enjoying it!

Joeku

Oh good morning y'all what's going on on twitter tod--

*Deep sigh*

Buy I sure am looking forward to some Sunshine today.

lmao, I didn't expect the fake tweet thing I made to be taken seriously especially since I posted it immediately after the real tweet which was about Pyre. I am amused at the direction it went though.
I spent 3 hours yesterday talking to someone, it felt really good, I had some real stuff I wanted to get out, there was tears, anger and joy. It's like im a new man.
This made me really happy to read. Stay strong. <3

kiguel182

I miss babyface Jeff

You can cash them in in Kakariko Village too.

No they have a statue in most of the towns.

Turn off the shrine indicator. Trust me on this. Makes finding shrines so much more rewarding.

Also each town has a goddess statue for you to turn in your orb thingamabobs.

No. You'll find more statues to cash in all your shrine thingies. Don't worry about it and just continue exploring.

You can cash them in at any of those Goddess Statues, there are multiple throughout the world. Zelda is awesome, glad you are enjoying it!

Haven't gotten to Kakariko yet, got lost finding shrines lol But that's good to hear!

Won't turning off the shrine finder make them super hard to find? I'm afraid of missing out! Especially since the game is so big it's a bit daunting.

oti

Banned
Haven't gotten to Kakariko yet, got lost finding shrines lol But that's good to hear!

Won't turning off the shrine finder make them super hard to find? I'm afraid of missing out! Especially since the game is so big it's a bit daunting.

I didn't turn it off myself. I did use the Pro HUD though. Makes for better pictures too.

Catvoca

Banned

I turned it off immediately and I've still found like ~75 shrines (as well as beat all the main quest stuff) and I've *only* played for 45 hours. I didn't think it was necessary, I liked searching the horizon or going up high and trying to spot things that looked interesting. The shrine indicator to me seemed mostly useful for the late game when you've already found all the easy to spot shrines. I played with the default hud though, I liked having the minimap all the time, maybe it's more necessary with the pro hud.

You do you though, it's not really a game that you can play "wrong".

Nerokis

Sigh, that fake Vinny tweet almost gave me a panic attack. Here's a post on Persona 5:

I beat Persona 5 last night.

The game lost a good amount of its vibrance for much of the last ~20 hours, but still had some high highs during that stretch, and I loved how the ending came together.

I'm 45 minutes into NG+, and there's this subtle depth to the game that I'm appreciating so much more now that I've experienced those final hours. Depth in terms of the game's themes, the little hints scattered throughout the dialogue, and so on. The interesting thing is how impactful that last stretch ended up being - how much it lifted the entire game up for me. That's where what P5 was trying to say really came together, and where it was expressed most beautifully.

And in saying that, I'm also commenting on some of the storytelling, pacing, and presentation choices made throughout the game. P5 was far from perfect, but even when it was dull, it still managed to somehow fascinate me.

Also, I chose Haru, and while I definitely want to change things up in NG+, the idea of having to reject her this time around is making me want to stop playing.

Oakinn

This is off topic, but I saw Hans Zimmer live at Radio city last night. It was incredible. All the people in this thread who like Nolan should try and see the show if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom