• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

LqNLNWZ.gif
It's a look that works for almost nobody, but y'know, somehow Ben pulls off "sunglasses on the head".
This is off topic, but I saw Hans Zimmer live at Radio city last night. It was incredible. All the people in this thread who like Nolan should try and see the show if possible.
Was there an organ there for the Interstellar stuff?

Sigh, that fake Vinny tweet almost gave me a panic attack. Here's a post on Persona 5:

I beat Persona 5 last night.

The game lost a good amount of its vibrance for much of the last ~20 hours, but still had some high highs during that stretch, and I loved how the ending came together.

I'm 45 minutes into NG+, and there's this subtle depth to the game that I'm appreciating so much more now that I've experienced those final hours. Depth in terms of the game's themes, the little hints scattered throughout the dialogue, and so on. The interesting thing is how impactful that last stretch ended up being - how much it lifted the entire game up for me. That's where what P5 was trying to say really came together, and where it was expressed most beautifully.

And in saying that, I'm also commenting on some of the storytelling, pacing, and presentation choices made throughout the game. P5 was far from perfect, but even when it was dull, it still managed to somehow fascinate me.

Also, I chose Haru, and while I definitely want to change things up in NG+, the idea of having to reject her this time around is making me want to stop playing.

I definitely think everything post-
Shido
adds a lot more thematic nuance that makes the game better as a whole. It actually addresses the naivety of the whole "kids fix society by deleting a few bad guys!" angle that the rest of the game is built on, and then expands from there. Then there's the prescience of the whole
we exposed this politician as a horrible person and whoops nobody cared and he's still in power anyway
thing.

Oakinn

Was there an organ there for the Interstellar stuff?

I didnt see a giant organ, but they def did the noise youre thinking of. How they did it was really amazing, it was the encore

EDIT: Whoops was thinking of inception, the interstellar stuff was really well done as well

Oakinn

How did they make that "Brrrrrrrrrgggggahhhh" sound?

I have no idea, but during the encore it was dark and it came crashing over the very loud speakers with some intense lighting and from there they played their final piece.

majestic.

Was there any Thin red Line?

Then see it. He brought out the original singer of the theme. It was pretty rad. Also no, no thin red line, which is one of my favorite pieces.

kiguel182

I turned it off immediately and I've still found like ~75 shrines (as well as beat all the main quest stuff) and I've *only* played for 45 hours. I didn't think it was necessary, I liked searching the horizon or going up high and trying to spot things that looked interesting. The shrine indicator to me seemed mostly useful for the late game when you've already found all the easy to spot shrines. I played with the default hud though, I liked having the minimap all the time, maybe it's more necessary with the pro hud.

You do you though, it's not really a game that you can play "wrong".

Hmm, I might turn it off. I don't want to be focused on it too much and yeah, spotting things in the distance is more enjoyable.

If I'm having issues I can just turn it on later. The shrines aren't going anywhere.

7/25/17 secret best Bombcast moment:

Jeff: "I put ketchup on hot dogs and that's it."

Ben: "I used to be like that."

Jeff: "And then so-"

Ben: "I used to be a FOOL."

Joeku

7/25/17 secret best Bombcast moment:

Jeff: "I put ketchup on hot dogs and that's it."

Ben: "I used to be like that."

Jeff: "And then so-"

Ben: "I used to be a FOOL."

Y'know, that would actually be the place for an arrow to the knee joke. It makes no fucking sense.

Oakinn

have they done a call in show since Drew left? At least the last few with Drew screening the calls were better then before. Hopefully Jason is screening

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Call in shows are easy to avoid and hard to really complain about when it's an impromptu thing not replacing the only scheduled show they have.

kiguel182

Jeff might like doing them but doing one just after a bombcast it's still boring.

Fuck, go play PUGB or something if that's all they want to do.

I don't want to be beating a dead horse. I just won't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom