• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

So I've been listening to the Beastcast a bit more lately. I mean no disrespect, but where did Abby come from? I'm always a bit surprised when they talk about games and she chimes in with the fact that she's either never played it or never heard of it. I like what she does contribute, but she seems so much more removed than the rest of the crew in terms of industry experience.

This is literally her first job post-college. Gotta start from somewhere.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is literally her first job post-college. Gotta start from somewhere.

OK - that makes sense. She's the youngest one of the bunch then? That would explain a lot. One that sticks out in my mind is how she's never played Super Mario World, Link to the Past, or heard of the CD-i Zelda games. Those three things really made me do a double take, ha.

Also remember girls can't be real gamers

Is this a criticism she gets?

danm999

So I've been listening to the Beastcast a bit more lately. I mean no disrespect, but where did Abby come from? I'm always a bit surprised when they talk about games and she chimes in with the fact that she's either never played it or never heard of it. I like what she does contribute, but she seems so much more removed than the rest of the crew in terms of industry experience.

Likely because she is more removed. She was never part of the GameSpot/Game Informer background pretty much everyone else at Giant Bomb shares. Even Ben was a former intern.

Fresh perspective, which IMO is great for the site.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Likely because she is more removed. She was never part of the GameSpot/Game Informer background pretty much everyone else at Giant Bomb shares. Even Ben was a former intern.

I'm not denying that. She seems to fit in great with the rest of the GB team, so kudos to her. I'll be curious to see what she brings to the site over the next few months.

I'm glad she's not as well versed in the videogamedom. The site needed an injection of perspective.

I miss Drew - he had one of the most interesting/unique takes on things compared to the rest of the crew. Dan doesn't count.

OK - that makes sense. She's the youngest one of the bunch then? That would explain a lot. One that sticks out in my mind is how she's never played Super Mario World, Link to the Past, or heard of the CD-i Zelda games. Those three things really made me do a double take, ha.

Pretty sure she was born after SMW was released, possibly also LTTP. Of course that doesn't mean she couldn't have played them, but not everyone goes back to play old games.

(I liked how she chose LTTP after saying she hasn't played either one)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Absolutely. With Drew gone, there was a danger of it becoming pretty much homogeneous. With Abby and Jeremiah that is no longer an issue.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, is she that good at PUBG? I watched the last murder island and she seems to do as well as the rest of them,.

Then again it's pretty hard to carry this crew to anything lol.

derFeef

Wait, is she that good at PUBG? I watched the last murder island and she seems to do as well as the rest of them,.

Then again it's pretty hard to carry this crew to anything lol.

RJUVTl2.png

patapuf

Brad got into Starcraft 2 and Dota 2 and is a big fan of Quake.

Regardless of his skill, he isn't afraid to go for mechanically difficult games/games with a high skill ceiling and enjoys them.

patapuf

I do agree with Oti that they should do more stuff like breaking brad again.

"This is the run!" has a similar vibe. Just pick a difficult/fun slice of a game (or a whole game, if it's short enough) and do something with that.

Hitman had that too, in parts.

derFeef

That was a great moment but I bet he took way longer than average to do that. I got the achievement in maybe an hour, at a push. He did like 4-6 hours of streaming?

Impressive feat because it is tough but that's not proof of him being 'great'.

The 4 hours were not that video, wasn't it on one of the BLLS?

Jintor

being good at single player CoD is the equivalent of being the top player in your softball beer league

That was a great moment but I bet he took way longer than average to do that. I got the achievement in maybe an hour, at a push. He did like 4-6 hours of streaming?

Impressive feat because it is tough but that's not proof of him being 'great'.

christ you joyless husks i meant he is a great person. i leave it up to your capable minds to tell me if that means he's the 360 elite pro killer murderface or whatever

Jintor

He probably can't stand the combat. I can't blame him; it's extremely bland and mediocre.

it made me really appreciate platinum's basic combat design tenant of 'finishing combos should be actually worthwhile' (among other things)

nier:a has basically all the hallmarks of platinum design except finishing combos doesn't do jackshit different from just spamming attack, so it's inherently much more boring. also it's a 3d bullet hell and that kinda blows tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom