• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

This is primarily why I'm into it now. Loved everything about the Banner Saga but the turn based strategy gameplay. Im terrible at that shite.

Yeah it can be tough in Banner Saga. But that game was incredibly depressing and really wanted to kill off your characters. In that particular case, you were supposed to be shite.

I liked Bastion well enough, but I bounced off of Transistor. The discussion on Monday's Waypoint Radio piqued my interest in Pyre, but the Quick Look got my attention.

It will be murdered at GOTY time though.

Might have a best style to round out the pack but still lose to Persona. And if the writing holds up beyond the few hours I've played...best story top 3? Maybe?

Joeku

The lack of polish in Sunshine is staggering.

This is a Nintendo mainland 3D Mario game for fucks sake

Could be pulling it out of my ass, but I believe that's what polish looked like in 2002. Modern Nintendo Capital P Polish has only been a thing since maybe Galaxy?

ferunnico

Neo Member
Just bought Pyre on a whim after looking at a couple of screenshots and skipping through the Quick Look. I love Supergiant's art and music so much. I just feel like I have to support them.

Pyre looks rad, and the Quick Look was great. It was nice that Alex and Vinny were both very familiar with the game and could talk about it equally.

How's steal my sunshine?

Was there much suffering?

Njfqb3m.gif

It was also 2+ hours

Daouzin

I kinda want a Beast in the East style feature, but with Nier Automata and with Dan playing and Alex leaving Dan and Vinny to work out the story and characters. It would probably be terrible and I would love every second of it

Late to the party on this one, but man, this would be AMAZING

I like Abby, but not knowing if Wonder Woman was set in WWI because they didn't call it WWI.

0_0

She's not the only one. Got a friend (who is training to be a teacher, mind you) who was confused through the whole film as to whether or not they were fighting Nazis.

Weird too, because I'm pretty sure we shared a WWI-centric history class in HS as well.

I like Abby, but not knowing if Wonder Woman was set in WWI because they didn't call it WWI.

0_0

Neither Vinny or Alex pointed out that WWI was known as The Great War before WWII either. I think its something should know, but not really worth only calling Abbey out for they all should know better.

This was a common problem in the OT on this forum people unsure what World War it was, because Germans in war always means Nazi to most people. They needed more pointy helmets in the movie to make it clear to people.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find it weirder that Americans seem to think that WWI is somehow a worse war than WWII.

It happened during the BF1 reveal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom