• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Eva is actually a well written character though compared to b&b and quiet. As for eva showing her boobs, thats because she knows that shes a spy and that an easy way to manipulate snake is to play the part of the femme fatale. Its in line with evas character to do that. Its why it works compared to quiet who does the same thing but has no character to her.

That's fair. The difference between Eva and Quiet is better justification. But that's not why for real, it's just why in the fiction. If she didn't it wouldn't take away from her character, but she does because Kojima needs skimpy ladies. Hell, I bet anything that the next Death Stranding trailer has some model or actress in skin tight or no clothes and lingering camera shots.

- J - D -

Pyre looks so damn weird. Good weird. I don't know if I'll ever try it, but I hope it works out for them.

Or this, basically:
wp2fVNT.gif

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Definitely Not Small Penis

Don't miss the unarchived segment of this episode. It has a great ABBY moment.

Vinny should put butter in his black coffee. I do that. Makes it savory and nice.

Yeah, at the time the GC was fairly powerful.

The ranking pretty much goes

PS2>GC>XBOX

Gamecube had more graphical oomph than PS2. Sadly it lacked the vast library of good games, though.

You've got that in reverse.

Yup this.

Xbox had most power, GameCube was close behind and ps2 was last but had all the software support to make it king

I actually wrote a paper on the ps2 emotion engine in one of my 400 level comp sci classes, it was a pretty rad piece of hardware to be honest. I should see if I have a copy of that anywhere anymore.

BearPawB

Banned
brb writing dan a very angry beastcast letter detailing the subtle but essential flavor differences between coke zero and diet coke

there is nothing subtle about the differences betweek diet and zero.
Night and day!

I don't hate diet. But I much prefer an ice cold zero

That's fair. The difference between Eva and Quiet is better justification. But that's not why for real, it's just why in the fiction. If she didn't it wouldn't take away from her character, but she does because Kojima needs skimpy ladies. Hell, I bet anything that the next Death Stranding trailer has some model or actress in skin tight or no clothes and lingering camera shots.

I just reading Kojima's review of Wonder Woman a few days back, and it was just so fucking hypocritical given his treatment of his own female characters

- J - D -

w-what

is this really a thing

I just like what butter adds to my coffee - think of it as a creamer substitute - but yeah there's a Keto thing called "Bulletproof Coffee" that claims adding butter and mct oil to your coffee promote weight loss or whatever. I dunno about how effective that is, I just like butter and coffee.

What better represents the plight of the Wii U owner than Jeff praising Splatoon 2 for doing the things that Splatoon already did?

That said I do agree the abilities altogether feel better and I'm just glad he's enjoying it!

Mr. F

Banned
God, Sunshine is such a good feature. Should have let these pile up so I could marathon them, the wait for the next is going to be rough D:

It was funny to start Pyre and find it's a visual novel with "dictionary" highlights just like Steins;Gate, which I'm currently trying to force myself through. (I'm 9h into S;G, and it's... it's so bad. I don't understand.)

Dog with mustache elevated Pyre from buy in a few weeks to buy ASAP.

It was funny to start Pyre and find it's a visual novel with "dictionary" highlights just like Steins;Gate, which I'm currently trying to force myself through. (I'm 9h into S;G, and it's... it's so bad. I don't understand.)

For all the shit XIII gets for "it gets good after X hours," I say as a fan of mainstream visual novels that the opening hours of Steins;Gate were borderline unbearable to me. I hated Okabe, I hated Mayuri, I hated Moyoka (that's her name right?). However I think you are incredibly close to the turning point where the game started to become one of my favorite experiences of that last few years.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

What.

Hmmm.

Have you had the party yet?

hamchan

Steins;Gate's whole first half is entirely buildup before the insanity button gets pushed. One of the great time travel stories of our time, but can't blame people for thinking it's bad if they're still in build up phase.

Meguro

Banned
That's just anime in general though.

Or just games really.

Nier automata actually feels pretty well edited.

Funnily enough I think the anime version of Steins Gate is actually good, heh.
I won't deny that many anime and games suffer the same issue. It's just so exaggerated in VNs and I haven't found a single outlier for that yet, unlike in anime where I know quite a few. Having moving visuals instead of static screens certainly helps that as well.

oti

Banned
Funnily enough I think the anime version of Steins Gate is actually good, heh.
I won't deny that many anime and games suffer the same issue. It's just so exaggerated in VNs and I haven't found a single outlier for that yet, unlike in anime where I know quite a few. Having moving visuals instead of static screens certainly helps that as well.

So this Steins Gate game I've heard so much about is a VN? And there's a show? Would it be OK to just watch that instead of playing the game?

oti

Banned
Yep. The anime is exactly the same as the true route of the game.

��

Might have to check it out then. Since I don't have a Vita anymore I'm not really interested in reading a VN on my TV.

Edit:

Damn, this Pyre QL is completely unselling me on this game. Yikes.

drabnon

I love Nier Automata although I felt a little bit lost near the end
when in the last playthrough, the game starts throwing those faux puppet show things at you. It felt like it was trying to give the backstory but I was just confused. I remember something about robots birthing a baby and waiting for him to grow, robots questioning existence or something like that, backstory for the robot in the theatre who sings, backstory for Adam/Eve... but I don't know, I just felt like I wasn't quite getting it.
Should I just look all that up? Or maybe I just need to play through again to really get it.

Antiwhippy

I love Nier Automata although I felt a little bit lost near the end
when in the last playthrough, the game starts throwing those faux puppet show things at you. It felt like it was trying to give the backstory but I was just confused. I remember something about robots birthing a baby and waiting for him to grow, robots questioning existence or something like that, backstory for the robot in the theatre who sings, backstory for Adam/Eve... but I don't know, I just felt like I wasn't quite getting it.
Should I just look all that up? Or maybe I just need to play through again to really get it.

Are you just in B?

Antiwhippy

No, I finished all 3.

Huh weird,
those faux puppet shows only shows up in B so I was just confused by your wording. :p

Those puppet shows are really just talking about how the various robots are discovering humanity really, because throughout the game you see machines imitating humans, but those shows are more about their thought process in a way.

drabnon

Huh weird,
those faux puppet shows only shows up in B so I was just confused by your wording. :p

Those puppet shows are really just talking about how the various robots are discovering humanity really, because throughout the game you see machines imitating humans, but those shows are more about their thought process in a way.

Oh, sorry. I finished the game about a month ago, so the details are a bit fuzzy for me. I was just curious about what makes you think that Nier is well-edited.
Those scenes specifically felt out of place to me because I was unsure whose PoV they were from, who was narrating those stories and who was hearing them.

Antiwhippy

Oh, sorry. I finished the game about a month ago, so the details are a bit fuzzy for me. I was just curious about what makes you think that Nier is well-edited.
Those scenes specifically felt out of place to me because I was unsure whose PoV they were from, who was narrating those stories and who was hearing them.

Oh I just meant the dialogue really, because we were talking about VN prose, not necessarily about the story. Like the main conversations you go through throughout the game is snappier than most anime games really. Which also comes down to great localisation.

Though you're right in that sense.
I don't actually really know if those puppet shows are meant more to tell us what to know, or if it's to tell us what 9S knows. The B Opera singer fight implies that 9S is learning about the backstory through his hacking but the rest kinda just... came up? The Adam/Eve thing is more of a cutaway to further flesh them out in the B playthrough, till we have to fight them again.

I mean seeing Eve being cute with his brother just makes fighting him again sadder, y'know? He really just needs his brother.

drabnon

Oh I just meant the dialogue really, because we were talking about VN prose, not necessarily about the story. Like the main conversations you go through throughout the game is snappier than most anime games really. Which also comes down to great localisation.

Though you're right in that sense.
I don't actually really know if those puppet shows are meant more to tell us what to know, or if it's to tell us what 9S knows. The B Opera singer fight implies that 9S is learning about the backstory through his hacking but the rest kinda just... came up? The Adam/Eve thing is more of a cutaway to further flesh them out in the B playthrough, till we have to fight them again really.

I mean seeing Eve being cute with his brother just makes fighting him again sadder, y'know? He really just needs his brother.

Ahhhh okay, I get what you mean now. Yeah, most of the dialogue did feel pretty sharp and less expository than other anime games. They did a good job with those character interactions. Pascal is a standout character for me, I hope he comes up in GoTY discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom