• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
SwHO7H1.jpg
UEX? Boo.

I can't remember the last good EX. They're always so clinical when with a dev. Only ones I've really enjoyed are the XCOM 1/2 ones, and a scant few indie EXes.

UEX? Boo.

I can't remember the last good EX. They're always so clinical when with a dev. Only ones I've really enjoyed are the XCOM 1/2 ones, and a scant few indie EXes.

Thats the one with the devs right?

Great cant wait to hear about how having so much paid currency and progressions is great.(from the devs)

I'm Canadian and I learned a lot about both wars

As an american I mostly learned about WW2. WW1s biggest thing was the mustard gas.

holy shit, the gumball machine at the beginning

also wait

are they using an hdmi converter for the wii or component?

every hdmi converter i ever tried looked like shit

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
holy shit, the gumball machine at the beginning

also wait

are they using an hdmi converter for the wii or component?

every hdmi converter i ever tried looked like shit

Because those things are not pulling digital video at the source. It's converting the Wii's already abysmal low resolution analog video to digital.

drabnon

Would it be too cheeky for the Beast crew to just play on Dolphin and say it's on a gamecube? I mean when Vinny did the first parts of Vinnyvania I remember them joking about how it was all legit while using an emulator.

Curufinwe

I kinda want a Beast in the East style feature, but with Nier Automata and with Dan playing and Alex leaving Dan and Vinny to work out the story and characters. It would probably be terrible and I would love every second of it

I'd rather see someone else play the next action game for GBeast after Yakuza 0. Anyone else.

Because those things are not pulling digital video at the source. It's converting the Wii's already abysmal low resolution analog video to digital.

Ah, duh, that's right. I pulled mine out and I forgot that you plug the composite into it.

I bought some nice monoprice component cables since then though and it looks great :)

wonder how they setup their wii then, unless you might have an idea

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For a small moment there I thought you were talking about the Next Action Game like it was an actual game.

Damn you Next Car game!

justjim89

Just sent an email into the Beastcast asking the group, though mostly Dan, why they think Kojima gets a pass for his blatant objectification of women. I feel like with the addition of Abby to the show it could be fodder for some fruitful discussion. I doubt it gets read though.

I don't know why, but ever since MGS5 it kinda grates with me whenever Kojima gets talked about as if his shit doesn't stink.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just sent an email into the Beastcast asking the group, though mostly Dan, why they think Kojima gets a pass for his blatant objectification of women. I feel like with the addition of Abby to the show it could be fodder for some fruitful discussion. I doubt it gets read though.

I don't know why, but ever since MGS5 it kinda grates with me whenever Kojima gets talked about as if his shit doesn't stink.

I... don't think he does? People definitely talked about stuff like Quiet.

You'll be ashamed of your words and deeds is practically a meme.

Because he created the best female video game character ever(the Boss), that a couple missteps dont take away from that.

justjim89

Because he created the best female video game character ever(the Boss), that a couple missteps dont take away from that.

He has more missteps than correct ones though. The Boss is great, no doubt. I'm a MGS3 guy. But even in that game, Eva is constantly undressing and you get the chance to peer at her breasts with the R1. The B&B corps in MGS4 is absolutely disgusting. Hell, even the lady sniper Skull units in MGSV get ogled and sexualized.

He has more missteps than correct ones though. The Boss is great, no doubt. I'm a MGS3 guy. But even in that game, Eva is constantly undressing and you get the chance to peer at her breasts with the R1. The B&B corps in MGS4 is absolutely disgusting. Hell, even the lady sniper Skull units in MGSV get ogled and sexualized.

Eva is actually a well written character though compared to b&b and quiet. As for eva showing her boobs, thats because she knows that shes a spy and that an easy way to manipulate snake is to play the part of the femme fatale. Its in line with evas character to do that. Its why it works compared to quiet who does the same thing but has no character to her.

- J - D -

Kojima got a pass for a long time because the video game industry gave itself a pass for that kind of behavior up until pretty recently, all things considered.

Well..

Naked-Raiden-Cartwheel-MGS2.jpg

Aside from the POV stuff on the helicopter(which is not even HIDING IT), I didn't find whatever Kojima did as offensive. We also got tons of amazing women in the MGS saga. Sniper Wolf, Meryl, Boss, Eva.etc

e: Quiet is an abysmal character overall when compared to the cast of characters we got in the MGS history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom