• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So Alex was wearing a shirt with this design at one point: https://twitter.com/XEECEEVEVO/status/853708184745201664
C9j7EHgVoAA9GWJ.jpg:large
Apparently it's from aurahack, but she doesn't have a shop for shirts or anything. Anyone got an idea where you can get it?

I find it weirder that Americans seem to think that WWI is somehow a worse war than WWII.

It happened during the BF1 reveal as well.
The death toll on western countries like France and the UK was much higher in WWI, that's why one can get that impression. It's not wrong from their perspective.

I'm 28 and I have no idea. This is something every europeans shouldn't/wouldn't know like people from US?
I'm 40 and have no idea...
Same. Not sure I've ever heard it before.

Blocked here, how fitting.

Steins;Gate's whole first half is entirely buildup before the insanity button gets pushed. One of the great time travel stories of our time, but can't blame people for thinking it's bad if they're still in build up phase.

Here's how I recommended the anime to a friend. "IT'S REALLY GOOD! JUST BE SURE YOU KEEP WATCHING TILL EPISODE 7"

In retrospect, the first 7 or so episodes work well after the fact but it was abit jarring for me when I watched the series yet, without those first episodes I wouldn't have been attached to the characters. Like I watched the film a few months ago and while not much happens in that I still enjoyed it because I missed spending time with the characters.
So Alex was wearing a shirt with this design at one point: https://twitter.com/XEECEEVEVO/status/853708184745201664

Apparently it's from aurahack, but she doesn't have a shop for shirts or anything. Anyone got an idea where you can get it?

Here you go.

Isn't dan pre-diabetic?

And he ate a POUND of candy in one sitting?

This terrifies me everytime he mentions food, and i'm always hoping one of the other guys won't just let him laugh it off one day.

I'm 28 and I have no idea. This is something every europeans shouldn't/wouldn't know like people from US?

29 and Amertican. I actually liked the song a lot when I was 10, but I barely remember it. I haven't heard it since it was new—not in a movie, commercial, or even on the most generic and inoffensive of radio stations—so I wouldn't blame anyone for forgetting it. Apparently it reached number 8 on the UK Singles chart, though.

pyre looks lit as hell

also glad they're doing the thing from Tyranny where you can mouse over highlighted words to get some more information/background on them. more games should do that

weird question, but was your avatar done by @airismile?

I hope you see this (it's a couple pages back now), but yeah, done by Andrea/Andi at Rooster Teeth :)

Just sent an email into the Beastcast asking the group, though mostly Dan, why they think Kojima gets a pass for his blatant objectification of women. I feel like with the addition of Abby to the show it could be fodder for some fruitful discussion. I doubt it gets read though.

I don't know why, but ever since MGS5 it kinda grates with me whenever Kojima gets talked about as if his shit doesn't stink.

I hope your email gets answered, it's a worthwhile discussion. Hopefully you didn't phrase it in an accusatory and aggressive way so that they'll be more likely to pick it up.

I'm not offended by it but I think the Quiet stuff is pretty dumb and unnecessary- it adds nothing to the game. Sadly, it exists in a lot of (mainly Japanese) games: the "what are you doing" trophy in Nier Automata, some of the hostess stuff in Yakuza etc. I'm willing to accept that I'm in over my head on this & some of it is a cultural thing, too.

My stance on it is this stupid shit has no place in these games but an otherwise great game probably shouldn't be condemned entirely for including this stuff.

I don't like when people send in emails and say "its for so and so, but anyone can answer" address the group or just send a PM to the person you want to hear from. Also, I don't know why you think Dan would have much interesting to say on the response to Kojima's depiction of women. No offense to Dan, but when has he ever had much to say on "real" issues in video games? I'm sure he has thoughts, but for one reason or another he pretty much never shares them.

Joeku

I hope your email gets answered, it's a worthwhile discussion. Hopefully you didn't phrase it in an accusatory and aggressive way so that they'll be more likely to pick it up.

I'm not offended by it but I think the Quiet stuff is pretty dumb and unnecessary- it adds nothing to the game. Sadly, it exists in a lot of (mainly Japanese) games: the "what are you doing" trophy in Nier Automata, some of the hostess stuff in Yakuza etc. I'm willing to accept that I'm in over my head on this & some of it is a cultural thing, too.

My stance on it is this stupid shit has no place in these games but an otherwise great game probably shouldn't be condemned entirely for including this stuff.
I think I'm long since past finding any offense to unnecessary violence or objectification in games. It's usually just transparent and lame when it feels like anything at all. Desensitization, ho!

I say I THINK that because some of the shit Kojima pulled with Quiet was incredibly dumb, and the mental gymnastics to justify it were offensive not to my sensibilities but my intelligence.

daveo42

Banned
I want to get that one Nier shirt but I don't want to wear a shirt that also has the word "fuck" on it. That Sonic YoRHa shirt tho is real nice. Austin has that shirt too.

Steins;Gate's whole first half is entirely buildup before the insanity button gets pushed. One of the great time travel stories of our time, but can't blame people for thinking it's bad if they're still in build up phase.

Yeah, the buildup phase can be a bit much, though I didn't really have many of the issues some had with the buildup. It could be that I was invested from episode one of the anime and the overall story informed me of what to expect when playing the VN a few years later. I'd say the bigger hurdle to get over is how much otaku culture is prevalent in both the anime and VN. It's less so in the anime due to it's break-neck speed (seriously it wastes no time in pushing past the first half of the story) but the VN dives into some eyerolling territory, even if it does add context to characters in the back half. Also, if you love time travel, science, and pseudoscience, the early game is amazing in detailing theories around one of the large driving points of the story.

The biggest crime of the game is (character spoilers)
how Lukako's arc essentially ends after the sex of the character is used as part of a gag
Faris' arc is also questionable, but less so than the spoilered text above.

imBask

Banned
You're a dork already. Embrace it.

I work in the same building as many Ubisoft employees and let me tell you, i've seen so many cargo shorts and sandals in the past few months that I feel like i'm a dudebro when I wear a normal plain t-shirt

kiguel182

This Steal My Sunshine had some top "VINNY" material. So good.

Altought this series is kinda killing my interest in a open world Mario game.

It's crazy how much Supergiant Games change things up. If you looked at Pyre blind you would never guess they had something to do with it unless you took a stab because it appears to be incredible well made.

Fair play to Greg and co.

It's also interesting seeing a former peer of GB become such a talented dev.

Joeku

To be fair they have a pretty consistent art and animation style. The games are all different in terms of setting and genre and that is hell of respectable.

At the same time, I think I would totally be down for a Bastion 2. I want Rucks and dodge rolls and fantasy western short stories.

It's crazy how much Supergiant Games change things up. If you looked at Pyre blind you would never guess they had something to do with it unless you took a stab because it appears to be incredible well made.

Fair play to Greg and co.

It's also interesting seeing a former peer of GB become such a talented dev.

In terms of gameplay sure, but their games are easily recognized in terms of aesthetics. They definitely have a distinct style both artistically and narratively.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think I'm in love with the non English voice acting in Pyre. Its masterful. It both manages to communicate character through only inflection (the shopkeeper is incredible) and there's this airy, distant feel to all of it that meshes into the blasted wasteland aesthetic perfectly

the scooters in the Steal My Sunshine music video have Vice stickers on them, lol

I've definitely heard this song before but I had no idea what it was called, what the actual lyrics were, or who it was by. Add me to the list of people who just assumed it was a play on SMS

Tubobutts

Everything aesthecally about Pyre seems great to me except that the fantasy basketball doesn't look that fun.

But I was also doubtful that I would enjoy the gameplay of Bastion as much as I did when I first saw it so who knows.

LiK

Everything aesthecally about Pyre seems great to me except that the fantasy basketball doesn't look that fun.

But I was also doubtful that I would enjoy the gameplay of Bastion as much as I did when I first saw it so who knows.

It's a lot of fun especially with different combination of teammates you pick. Very fast paced. I was playing until 3AM last night. Would've kept going but I have work, lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's more like the open world collectathon aspect doesn't look that fun?

It'll be my first 3D mario game though so I dunno, maybe I'll like that part.

imBask

Banned
It looks like its a big part of the gameplay but at least you can run around and jump without a stupid talking water pack strapped to your back!

but you can do the exact same thing in mario sunshine, and when you're running around the jetpack just gives you more movement tool, kinda like what the hat does

but you can do the exact same thing in mario sunshine, and when you're running around the jetpack just gives you more movement tool, kinda like what the hat does

Thanks, now I'm less excited for Odyssey! It's the lack of crouch backflip and running crouch jump in Sunshine that I especially don't like, but I haven't watched enough of Odyssey to know if they're even in there this time.

imBask

Banned
Thanks, now I'm less excited for Odyssey! It's the lack of crouch backflip and running crouch jump in Sunshine that I especially don't like, but I haven't watched enough of Odyssey to know if they're even in there this time.

but you can slide instead...

I think you just wanna play Mario 64, you could just do that

but you can slide instead...

I think you just wanna play Mario 64, you could just do that

I can, and I will! I wasn't my intention to dump on Sunshine (even though I don't really like it) so no worries.

You can backflip in Sunshine. If you press the R trigger down all the way and jump, Mario does the backflip. It also does a water-shotgun effect, but Mario still backflips.

Ah, I stand corrected! I haven't played the game since release so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the mechanics.

Nishastra

Banned
You can backflip in Sunshine. If you press the R trigger down all the way and jump, Mario does the backflip. It also does a water-shotgun effect, but Mario still backflips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom