• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakinn

I barely played Sunshine when it came out, but watching this(just finished Ep 1) is making me really excited for Odyssey. Over the last year I've been playing more and more Mario games with my son. Super late take here, but Super Mario 3D Land is really good.

an7ge8j.gif

tesqui

Why are they doing those 100 coin shines again? It's not fun to watch nor fun to do. It's not like they need to do any of those to beat the game.

tesqui

I don't think we need to worry about Odyssey. It's being developed by the Mario Galaxy team. The Wiimote and Nunchuk only had 1 analog stick and those games play a lot better than Sunshine.

edit: also okay fine I guess 100 coin shine is entertaining to watch, but I just remember levels where I legitimately was hunting down 1 last coin for upwards of an hour

Nishastra

Banned
I have similar concerns about Odyssey, but at least it'll have a second analog stick so the camera won't be fucked
...?

There's a second analog stick on a Gamecube controller.

The way the camera is happy to get stuck behind things is a problem (and the absolute failure "porthole" system), but you have full control of it. You wouldn't know that to watch Vinny, but you have a hell of a lot more control than he's using :p

drabnon

Always fun to watch them suffer.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Something I wonder is if it's possible for Sunshine to get a rerelease on the Switch. They did it for Wind Waker on Wii U, and it was cool because they adjusted the triforce pieces quest, gave you a fast sail, etc. I feel like a redo of Sunshine with those kinds of quality of life improvements could be a really fantastic version. Tune the camera, remove that windy enemy from the game, etc.

I don't know, just kind of spitballing here but I'd love to see Nintendo rerelease the game on a modern platform.

Starting to notice a battle between PUBG fans and Japanese game fans on GAF.

Mostly just in that thread about PUBG being a GotY contender there seems to be some salty comments like "as long as it has a waifu it wins GotY"

Curufinwe

Abby not knowing it was a Ghostbusters reference and thinking Vinny was just making a creepy comment about how much he enjoys ejaculating, was an adorable momemnt.

soundtest

Banned
do we know if anyone on the staff is actually watching this season of twin peaks? shit is nuts, i'd love to hear their thoughts.

I feel like vinny mentioned being interested in it but there hasnt been any followup since that conversation months ago.

kiguel182

This episode of Sunshine was another winner. Tons of great moments.

I'm not sure if this will last long enough for them to get all the shrines but it has been tons of fun. Great feature for sure.

In case anyone ever questions whether Abby is a real gamer ever again, just go back and watch her saying "Oh man, that RNG sucks" from the last episode of SMS

ev0

Starting to notice a battle between PUBG fans and Japanese game fans on GAF.

Mostly just in that thread about PUBG being a GotY contender there seems to be some salty comments like "as long as it has a waifu it wins GotY"

Probably started with that Pachter thread where he said Early Access PUBG on Xbox1 will outsell all the japanese PS4 games. So some console warz got tossed in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom