• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on one of those spinning gravity walls once and a little kid puked up spaghetti. I was on the complete opposite side so I was safe, especially since it stuck to the wall like everything else.

soundtest

Banned
alex's negative attitude seems right given how caca sunshine seems to be. If Sunhine was a Rare game people wouldnt defend it as much as they do just because it came out of the basements of nintendo.

imBask

Banned
People defending Alex's attitude are actually trolling, there's no way you can seriously defend it.

I get his shtick, I like it too, but now he just genuinely looks like he doesn't wanna be there so they might as well just have him sit this one out and bring in anyone else.

People defending Alex's attitude are actually trolling, there's no way you can seriously defend it.

I get his shtick, I like it too, but now he just genuinely looks like he doesn't wanna be there so they might as well just have him sit this one out and bring in anyone else.

If I was forced to slog through that game again, I'd be pissed too. It's a bad game, I've been saying it since launch. Yet for some dumb reason, every few years, it gets brought up and most people think it's one of the best mario games ever (They are wrong) and then only a select few say it's terrible (they are right). Then after a week or two of discussions, most people jump on the band wagon of it's a bad game, then sway back and forth with whatever the majority says.

It's a bad game and if Alex is forced to sit through it, he should be allowed to piss and moan, because it's a terrible game and Dan needs to give up on his dumb thing of defending bad things. I'd rather then play something that they enjoy playing instead of being forced to play something bad that they hate. That is a youtube thing, play it up for views... that's not the Giant Bomb I want. Sure, Mario Party Party was funny for a bit, but when 3 out of 4 people absolutely HATE what is going on, they shouldn't have to cater to the one who is likes it then plays it up for the camera.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

and this is why I told people you dont want to see GBEast do a Mario Party Party

because it'll be that times 10

drabnon

I dunno, I feel like he's having an okay time. I mean, the whole Mario Party Party series is about guys who don't want to be there playing a game for an ungodly amount of time, and that series is great.

oti

Banned
and this is why I told people you dont want to see GBEast do a Mario Party Party

because it'll be that times 10

Yeah. Alex is really missing that playfull element whenever he dislikes something. It's not entertaininig, it's just annoying.

I dunno, I feel like he's having an okay time. I mean, the whole Mario Party Party series is about guys who don't want to be there playing a game for an ungodly amount of time, and that series is great.

Jeff and the rest of MPP made it fun. Alex just drags the entire video down.

I like Alex's juxtaposition to Abby's pep. Their exchanges together with him setting her up with "And how was the experience?", when he was ready to throw the controller during the grate segment so Abby interjects with "Hoooow's it going Alex?" and the way Abby spent 10 seconds eyeing him glass, thinking about asking him despite knowing he wouldn't bet for a few moments, then asking him anyway was fab. The other folks can all do with a straight man to play off of. Plus without him they would have been stuck on that level for even longer in episode 2 and he gave Abby a charity shine when he went for a bet he knew he'd lose.

He's only enhanced the feature for me.

Catching up on the Bombcast and I am entertained by how beyond offended Jeff is about the Splatoon 2 voice chat/online stuff. I mean, he's not wrong even if alternate voice chat programs exist, but damn.

Alex's hate for that game is my everything which is why I get excited for whenever he plays. I can't wait for all the BS that's coming up. Speaking of Alex...

No Cartridge Audio - Fire Pro Series with Alex Navarro
Up front, so everyone's aware, this one includes descriptions of suicide.

Giant Bomb's Alex Navarro (@Alex_Navarro) joins us to talk Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special (yes, the bizarre SUDA51 jawn), as well as the future and legacy of the popular but enigmatic franchise. We also talk Japanese wrestling, smarks, Chris Benoit, and more on this, the first of hopefully many No Cartridge Audio Interviews. Thanks again to Alex for being the first!

Music this week is from the Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special OST.
With Yakuza being done, the only content we'd get on Mondays if not for PUBG is Jeff playing Atari games from home.

The old games are the best games

soundtest

Banned
Alex is fine, people can dislike a thing and voice it. Is he supposed to dislike the game and just sit there, quietly seething so that he doesnt bother people who like the game or something?

kiguel182

Alex is a great straight man but the line between being a straight man and annoying can be thin.

Him passing the remote was maybe too much.

drabnon

I really liked watching the Yakuza Zero stuff but if I'm being honest I kind of lost interest when they started mainlining the story. Those sub stories are top notch though. Although I've never played a Yakuza game so maybe I'd be more engaged with that investment.

Catching up on the Bombcast and I am entertained by how beyond offended Jeff is about the Splatoon 2 voice chat/online stuff. I mean, he's not wrong even if alternate voice chat programs exist, but damn.

It is fucking trash though.

like dumpster fire tier of a solution which it shouldn't be.

jN9vlAI.gif

Sick of Mario's stupid fuckin' water

Kimaka

I like Alex in steal my sunshine. He gets frustrated and annoyed, but he isn't grumbling throughout the entire feature or bringing down everyone's mood.

drabnon

Isn't the 2DS XL releasing this week? Like, tomorrow? I was thinking about getting that to play some 3ds games since I haven't owned one. Curious about Fire Emblem

Hindl

It's abysmal and almost insulting how they think this was an adequate solution. It really does go beyond "lol Nintendo online" to just...I dunno

To an extent, in 2011 and 2012 I could think Nintendo was just behind the times with internet for the Wii U and 3DS. But in 2017 it's a tragedy to put it out. They should outright fire the people who made these design decisions. They don't get another chance, show them the door

It is fucking trash though.

like dumpster fire tier of a solution which it shouldn't be.

It's abysmal and almost insulting how they think this was an adequate solution. It really does go beyond "lol Nintendo online" to just...I dunno

To an extent, in 2011 and 2012 I could think Nintendo was just behind the times with internet for the Wii U and 3DS. But in 2017 it's a tragedy to put it out. They should outright fire the people who made these design decisions. They don't get another chance, show them the door

Oh believe me I agree 100%. I can't fathom how they thought this was a solution (and honestly the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" excuse is wearing thin) and I do wonder like Jeff suggests if once the online service is officially launched w/ the pay tier if they somehow get improvements going. I actually had to explain the whole thing to a friend yesterday and he was just baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom