• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

roytheone

I really hope steal my sunshine doesn't turn into a situation where Dan doesn't bet because he has a huge lead, Alex doesn't bet since he is Alex, and Vinny+Abby don't bet because they don't have any shines.

oti

Banned
I can't watch Youtube. What is this?

output_p1ZRb8.gif

I really hope steal my sunshine doesn't turn into a situation where Dan doesn't bet because he has a huge lead, Alex doesn't bet since he is Alex, and Vinny+Abby don't bet because they don't have any shines.

Dan is super confident in his Sunshine skills. He's definitely going to bet again. It's going to be his downfall.

JackEtc

They need a way for betting to occur without shines. I don't know how, but Abby being the most reckless and also the most frequent better means she runs out of shines and then isn't able to bet more making it boring. There's gotta be a way to buy in or bet quarters or something

oti

Banned
i havent watched this new dota stuff...is it just them playing dota?

because i cant. if its that then why

Pretty much. Brad tries to win a match with every hero. There are over 100 of them. First episode was Ben coaching Brad. Ben has said that he wants to change up the format though after he got some "constructive criticism", so we'll see.

TheCrow

Brad being confused at DOTA is enough for me. Looks like it'll be another support game. Think he'll have a tougher time this time though. Bane is a harder hero to play.

soundtest

Banned
Pretty much. Brad tries to win a match with every hero. There are over 100 of them. First episode was Ben coaching Brad. Ben has said that he wants to change up the format though after he got some "constructive criticism", so we'll see.

i guess it's a better premise than when brad just played dota on company time a few years back but still, no one asked for this : /

Lunar FC

Who thought this was a good idea for a series? There better at least be some cashed dropped on loot boxes every ep..

Serious question... Do you guys actually like Dota? If so, why?

Because I can't for the life of me ,see a reason to watch anything dota related. I absolutely hate it, I feel like Dota has been talked to and featured on the site to death. Its enough. I'd much much much rather then do something like GBeast does, where they play something through that they've been interested in, but never gotten around to it, instead of Dota. How is that entertaining? Just playing the same thing over and over again, doesn't hold much value.

I'd rather them devote that to some Old Games Show content, or Encyclopedia Bombastica. A game they are skilled in and talk about it more in depth for an hour or so. Man, that would be awesome! Heck, make Dota the first entry, but then move on and every week we can see a game that the crew likes and give some insight to why they like it, instead of just..... dota.

Teddified

I doubt that DOTA time would be replaced with something else, I mean ben comes in possibly early and has to turn the stream on himself, and Brad is at home so he can come in a little later.

Also.....

Quick Look: Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator
Video - Tomorrow at 9:00 AM

TraBuch

Banned
So I guess Dan knows what it felt like for everyone else when he sat there and passive aggressively started sighing really loud during Yakuza fights to let everyone know how much he hated what he was doing.

Because I can't for the life of me ,see a reason to watch anything dota related. I absolutely hate it, I feel like Dota has been talked to and featured on the site to death. Its enough. I'd much much much rather then do something like GBeast does, where they play something through that they've been interested in, but never gotten around to it, instead of Dota. How is that entertaining? Just playing the same thing over and over again, doesn't hold much value.

I'd rather them devote that to some Old Games Show content, or Encyclopedia Bombastica. A game they are skilled in and talk about it more in depth for an hour or so. Man, that would be awesome! Heck, make Dota the first entry, but then move on and every week we can see a game that the crew likes and give some insight to why they like it, instead of just..... dota.

I have almost 1000 hours in DOTA, and I can't watch anyone play it. It's the type of game that I feel like is only fun when you're involved in all of the aspects of it.

To only use GB content as examples...

I can watch them play Mario or BitE because there's only one aspect of the game. You [they] are directly controlling the character, and there's not other stuff going on outside of the actions they're taking.

I can't watch them play PUGB or DOTA. There's too many levels/layers of gameplay to those games aside from just "Watch the player character" that it bothers me (might only be a me thing) that I can't see what's going on with everything else. Ben's watching Brad, but one of the other players are sneaking off-lane. Ben tells Brad to look at something else, and then I wonder wtf the off-lane person is about to pull off, etc...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I doubt that DOTA time would be replaced with something else, I mean ben comes in possibly early and has to turn the stream on himself, and Brad is at home so he can come in a little later.

Also.....

internet's use of daddy is worse than arrow in the knee jokes

kiguel182

I like to play Dota but I didn't watch the other episode. It just seemed meh.

Altought I more likely to watch it than "the old games"

I've been playing Dota off and on for probably 3-4 years now. I have over 1000 hours in it. In 2015 I played at least one match of it a day and never got bored of it. I love the game. I genuinely think it might be the greatest game ever made. It changes and evolves all the time, and no two matches are ever the same, not even close. The variety of heroes, items, skill builds, and strategies make it continually fun to play.

Dota is like an hour-long game of tug-of-war where every single thing you do from the moment you start a match to the moment you finish it is important to the overall structure of the match. There is no downtime, no filler. Everything you do matters, and it rewards skill and knowledge better than just about any other game.

Watching high-level Dota play is some of the most fun I've ever had with video games. It's incredibly exciting to see well-executed teamplay. That being said, there's not a whole lot of value to watching amateur Dota except in specific instances, and FriDota happens to fit the bill for me. Brad is about at my level in terms of skill, and having a higher level player like Ben coach him is not only interesting to watch in terms of Brad learning and growing as a player, it also teaches me new things that I can apply. On top of that, I enjoy watching Dota being played by friends and personalities I care about, even if the actual level of skill is not the best. I had a lot of fun watching the Rektreational and I welcome any new Dota content GB wants to put out.

Good explanations / vids as to why I love DotA:

Day9 - Dota 2 Hates You

EG Vs EHOME, Game 1 - The International 6

Anything Can Work - N0tail (Combo Wakamaka)

The game is mechanically intensive and you're always learning something. Pro players make it look so easy when it's not but over time you start getting better at it and it makes you feel amazing.

Winning the mid matchup and destroying the other team is something few games can replicate.

TheCrow

As someone who has played at least 1,500 hours of dota I can say its a pretty good game. However I haven't played 20+ heroes yet so my review can change. Glass shark summed up a lot of my feelings about dota. The highs and lows throughout the course of a single match is unparalleled.

Unless its the International I stick to watching "bad" players. It's just more fun seeing clowny game where anything can happen. Plus it makes me feel better about my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom