• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about Dota, but, it seems fun to look at and they seem excited about it. Hoping I can pick up on it a little bit while I'm watching their games. Ben's coaching last game certainly helped.

Clearly you are not Power Players (TM) or you would have got the fortnite video much more

ZLSMJsn.gif

I'm glad I watched it though, picked up some good tips.
Also.....

2953412-ddaddy.jpg

I wonder why Fortnite took so damn long.

It seems very much the same game they showed all those years ago so it doesnt have the FFXV excuse of "we restarted development and just used some of the same art and concepts"

Just a real small team at Epic slowly chipping away at it?

Phatmac

I wonder why Fortnite took so damn long.

It seems very much the same game they showed all those years ago so it doesnt have the FFXV excuse of "we restarted development and just used some of the same art and concepts"

Just a real small team at Epic slowly chipping away at it?
Making games is hard?

Xeteh

I have almost 1000 hours in DOTA, and I can't watch anyone play it. It's the type of game that I feel like is only fun when you're involved in all of the aspects of it.

I'm the opposite. I love Dota but I can't play it, I'm shit and it gets me too stressed. I can watch people playing it all day but I have kind of fallen off most Dota streamers, I tend to just watch tournaments these days.

false equivalence ahoy

nah, it's a purity test. "This person isn't a perfect human therefore he's the worst." Guess what nobody is perfect. Ryans said the F***** before, and yes he apologized for it, but we can assume it was in his lexicon before that. Nobodies perfect.

Right, because GBers haven't apologized and understood why it was shitty... But sure lets compare them to someone who continues the use of these terms

Yeah, people need to grow up. But you shouldn't shun someone until they do just because they say some things you don't like.

Yeah, people need to grow up. But you shouldn't shun someone until they do just because they say some things you don't like.

Heck with that. Firstly, it assumes they they will grow up. Secondly, a super famous person saying super shitty things normalizes that shitty behavior for impressionable percentages of their audience, who then are much more likely to go on and behave that way to others. Contributing to the overall spread of toxicity and hateful shit towards underprivileged groups is worth 'shunning' someone for. We can reconvene if he has a 'come to Jesus' moment.

It is the easiest thing in the world to get through my day without saying toxic things, so there's really no excuse past a certain age.

Heck with that. Firstly, it assumes they they will grow up. Secondly, a super famous person saying super shitty things normalizes that shitty behavior for impressionable percentages of their audience, who then are much more likely to go on and behave that way to others. Contributing to the overall spread of toxicity and hateful shit towards underprivileged groups is worth 'shunning' someone for. We can reconvene if he has a 'come to Jesus' moment.

It is the easiest thing in the world to go through life without saying toxic things, so there's really no excuse.

Sure, it depends how you were raised. Unfortunately for your perspective, not everyone has the opportunity to be raised in diverse communities where blowback from using that sort of language would happen. Again, it happened when Ryan slipped and he said it to GBs audience, and he realized that hey, he had friends and many people on staff had friends who despised that language.

Prefer the streamable. Screw supporting and/or defending a guy who still does that. We can have this "everyone makes mistakes" bullshit AFTER he stops and proves he can hold himself from doing it over time.

Sure, it depends how you were raised. Unfortunately for your perspective, not everyone has the opportunity to be raised in diverse communities where blowback from using that sort of language would happen. Again, it happened when Ryan slipped and he said it to GBs audience, and he realized that hey, he had friends and many people on staff had friends who despised that language.

Sure, but if dunkey's been told about the problems with his behavior and hasn't changed, then that's on him.

Oakinn

Intense conversation about language happening all around a ridiculous crash gif, I cant stop watching. Welcome to GBgaf i guess.

Breezy linked a video of his up above, makes silly video game videos. They aren't my style but he's relatively popular.

Also I hear he said a bad word on a live stream once so I hear he is literally Hitler.

His stuff is OK. Video game reviews video was so 2010 though. Taking shots at IGN and Gamespot like those sites are trusted or relevant anymore or that review scores matter in 2017 is LOL.

The Fortnite guy keeps saying 'Power Players this power player that LET ME THROW THIS OUT FOR THE POWER PLAYERS'

wat

Is that what they're calling their fans. The first time he used it, I thought he meant like, 'Oh these are the people we pay to play this game over and over'. But then he kept using it.

Aside from when it has. You can continue to ignore what you want but don't pretend he's not an ass.

Shit you're right he's literally hitler

Also I hear he said a bad word on a live stream once so I hear he is literally Hitler.

”I can understand being banned for cheating, or going AFK...or feeding on purpose," Dunkey said. ”But talking shit to some guy that is a total dumbass? What is this, fucking pussy ass baby preschool time?

”Talking shit is probably one of the only fun parts of this boring ass game. I might as well play the box if you want people to act like robots, Riot. I wonder if [Riot] understand that the root of toxicity is the game, it's just not fun and it pisses people off.

http://kotaku.com/banned-league-of-legends-youtuber-defends-his-trash-tal-1730635674

There's infinite entertainment content in the world. It's not difficult to find people just as entertaining, and without the baggage of being a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom