• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Destiny 2 is the only next big multiplayer thing and I’m still not sure if I’m getting it. Apart from that there’s nothing I’m looking forward on that front.

oti

Banned
I don't know if I would bother with Splatoon if I didn't like the multiplayer. Singleplayer is fun and all but still. It's a tutorial for multiplayer in many ways.

I don't wanna be TOO hard on Splatoon 2 because I love the characters a lot, and I love the gameplay. But the game actively wants me to stop playing after a couple of games if I get bored of the current map or if I wanna switch weapon and that's TERRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why do I have to load in and out of a menu to do this basic task?

Great question but that doesn't make the menu bad..? You absolutely should have the ability to switch weapons in the lobby, I agree. Lots of bad design choices like that but the menu's are easy to navigate.

Even with all of the annoyances like that I still am enjoying the game a ton, it is super fun!

TheChits

I can't tell if the prospect of watching GB play Kingdom Hearts makes it more or less likely that I'll finally start playing the games myself lol. I've had 1.5/2.5 and 2.8 sitting on my shelf waiting for a couple months.

I love KH1 and KH2 final mix is probably the best action rpg ever made.

Destiny 2 is the only next big multiplayer thing and I’m still not sure if I’m getting it. Apart from that there’s nothing I’m looking forward on that front.

That and Battlefront 2 are the only major MP games I am interested in for the fall, but with Destiny being Destiny, I know after about a month that game will sit until the first expansion.

Maybe this is finally the time for me to get into Siege.

imBask

Banned
i just

i just wish their stupid friends 'solution' wasn't so idiotic

Oh yeah add that to the list

I wanna play WITH my friends in normal matches, why can't I play WITH my friends

why

it's 2017

why can't I just queue with my friends and team up with them instead of just joining the same lobby and playing against them half the time

why

Basic video games option

Dec

Serious question... Do you guys actually like Dota? If so, why?

Because I can't for the life of me ,see a reason to watch anything dota related. I absolutely hate it, I feel like Dota has been talked to and featured on the site to death. Its enough. I'd much much much rather then do something like GBeast does, where they play something through that they've been interested in, but never gotten around to it, instead of Dota. How is that entertaining? Just playing the same thing over and over again, doesn't hold much value.

I'd rather them devote that to some Old Games Show content, or Encyclopedia Bombastica. A game they are skilled in and talk about it more in depth for an hour or so. Man, that would be awesome! Heck, make Dota the first entry, but then move on and every week we can see a game that the crew likes and give some insight to why they like it, instead of just..... dota.

The giant bomb dota videos are just bad videos of dota. I watch a lot of dota and have played a lot as well. I still only watch bits and pieces of GB dota videos because they aren't good and they aren't as entertaining as other people that stream dota and are actually good at the game.

You're never going to watch dota the way most people do, and you never should if you aren't interested in the game. I just wanted to let you know that what you see in GB videos isn't indicative of the entertainment value the game has to offer.

The lobby stuff in general is kind of annoying but as I play Splatoon 2, having missed out on part one, I kind of realize I'm 100% down for 'quick fix' multiplayer where these matches last like, what, two minutes? And it's fun in concept while requiring some strategy to the maps.

Anyway, I need more quick multiplayer in my life, I think. Even some Overwatch matches feel drawn out for me lately.

Dan seemed pretty self-aware in the Pyre conversation until the last moments of it.

I have zero fun with sim racing games, Dan has zero fun with visual novels.

It gets tricky because it's easy to combine the sheltered/simple-enjoying aspects of the Dan character with the fact that he doesn't play most games for their stories, and it's semi-natural to get to the end result of 'Dan's too dumb for stories'.

The Last of Us counter he brings up towards the end is a decent counter-argument, which shifts the reality of things towards the idea that Dan likes big budget stories because they are more visually stimulating. He wants show, not tell.

Given the nature of game budgets, means that indie story stuff is probably almost never going to click for him.

oti

Banned
I'm really not interested in Destiny 2. But knowing my entire PSN friendlist is going to be playing it... could be cool like Destiny 1 launch.

But I really don't want to play it really?

FOMO to the max. Not really regarding the game but the fun of playing with them and Voice Chatting.

Ohnonono

I thought the DOTA stream last week was pretty great. Ben is pretty clear with his explanations. Felt like I understood more than I normally would. Also happy Brad is the best. He loves the game and it shows.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh yeah add that to the list

I wanna play WITH my friends in normal matches, why can't I play WITH my friends

why

it's 2017

why can't I just queue with my friends and team up with them instead of just joining the same lobby and playing against them half the time

why

Basic video games option

Because teams playing against randoms would be unfair and setting up a separate mode for teams would split the playerbase.

Also I hope the "in 201X" meme dies out soon I see it in every single thread ever these days. It's not an argument.

Meguro

Banned
Oh yeah I just finished Pyre.
Really loved it even if the gameplay got kinda stale toward the end.
Probably my favorite Supergiant game.

imBask

Banned
Because teams playing against randoms would be unfair and setting up a separate mode for teams would split the playerbase.

Also I hope the "in 201X" meme dies out soon I see it in every single thread ever these days. It's not an argument.

So that exact system works for every other game ever, but not for splatoon because it would "split the playerbase"

that is not an argument

the PS+ price hike made me decide to eat the delay and get Destiny 2 on PC instead of PS4. Just gonna let my PS+ lapse since I rarely play the "free" games or play online on PS4. At least I finally got to play Until Dawn myself. You gotta experience getting monked yourself.

soundtest

Banned
i want to see really leet as fuck gummi ship assembly in this feature.

otherwise i will email rorie with a request for a partial refund on my sub.

Fireblend

Banned
So that exact system works for every other game ever, but not for splatoon because it would "split the playerbase"

that is not an argument

I think like for Salmon Run, the dev team greatly underestimated how much demand there would be for that stuff. But then there's league mode which enables me to do team vs. team games exactly as you describe it, so it's not much of an issue for me. The requirements to unlock it are a bit high though.

LiK

Listening to them talk about Splatoon 2 reminds me of Destiny. Core game is super fun but everything around it is annoying or frustrating.

daveo42

Banned
KH is one of the bigger holes in my game backlog. I had the first game but fell off around the Little Mermaid world. I kind of want to get back into the games, but somehow all the info around them make the games sound more convoluted than Metal Gear Solid and filled with more EDGE than Shadow the Hedgehog.

The beta was lame. I guess I'll play it?

Sounds like the GB Story.

imBask

Banned
I think like for Salmon Run, the dev team greatly underestimated how much demand there would be for that stuff. But then there's league mode which enables me to do team vs. team games exactly as you describe it, so it's not much of an issue for me. The requirements to unlock it are a bit high though.

i'm talking about normal quickmatches. Every other game ever will match you with other duos/trios/squads and fill the rest with randoms, it works just fine on games that sold way less than Splatoon

They just copied the system from the first game, they gave no effort whatsoever on that type of stuff and it's infuriating to me

Phatmac

That one Strike in Beta gave me high hopes. It's legit more ambitious and bigger than anything in the original. Felt like a Raid, tbh.
The jumping around parts were pretty annoying. The shooting in general doesn't feel as good as the first game, I think. The boss fight was good though.

Destiny 2 is the only next big multiplayer thing and I'm still not sure if I'm getting it. Apart from that there's nothing I'm looking forward on that front.

Here are the games releasing this year.

• Dragon Quest XI
  • Tacoma
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • LawBreakers
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • Sonic Mania
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Absolver
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Life Is Strange: Before the Storm — Episode 1
  • Knack 2
  • Destiny 2
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
  • Divinity: Original Sin II
  • Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Project CARS 2
  • NBA 2K18
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
  • Total War: Warhammer II
  • Cuphead
  • Fifa 18
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • The Evil Within 2
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Crackdown 3
  • Need for Speed Payback
  • Monster Hunter Heroes
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
  • Vampyr
    [*]Metroid: Samus Returns AM2R

Catvoca

Banned
I get why people would dislike it but as someone who plays multiplayer games solo 90% of the time, I like that the modes are solo only and I won't get steamrolled by a team of 4 communicating with eachother. They should just unlock League Mode way quicker for people who want to play with friends.

Listening to them talk about Splatoon 2 reminds me of Destiny. Core game is super fun but everything around it is annoying or frustrating.

There's frustrating things around the edges but it's a much, much better game than Destiny was at launch. Like as good as the shooting was, everything else about launch Destiny, from the mission design to the PvP was trash. Not even comparable to Splatoon 2 where the content is incredible but the ways in which it lets you access the content are annoying.

Meguro

Banned
Deep down I still have faith and hope that Destiny 2 will actually deliver on the Destiny promise.
I really want to play a good version of Destiny. I really really do.

J_Viper

Deep down I still have faith and hope that Destiny 2 will actually deliver on the Destiny promise.
I really want to play a good version of Destiny. I really really do.

I mean, one has to think Bungie can't possibly fuck up for a second time.

But then there are the reports that Destiny 2 came together quickly after being rebooted, and that's concerning.

I just need a new podcast game, and Destiny seems like the best option

Jintor

so my goty is austin's twitter feed, followed closely by ben dabbing and abby fighting her way out of an escape room using a baseball bat lovingly crafted by vinny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom