• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben just has that problem early Patrick had.

Clearly he wants to put in the effort and do everything. The problem is right now he isnt that great and kind of off putting. So now you have someone who is a bit shit in every west cost video.

Maybe eventually he will get better and over time stop being such a try hard like Scoops.

Abby on the other hand is taking the Brad approach. Half the time you cant even tell she is on a stream. Is that better? Who knows. Its less annoying for sure though.

This isn't even true.

TraBuch

Banned
Of all the hires, Abby's fit in the quickest tbh. Her improv background is huge. Austin took some time, Ben's still getting his footing, Patrick never quite fit in. The Chicago thing definitely didn't help him.

I'm seeing this spiderman movie in 6 hours. I hope it is good because MCU movies this year so far have been disappointing.

Like most of the Marvel movies, I can't really say if most people would like any particular one or not. I thought this was one of the better ones, probably in the top 5.

Wunder

Ben just has that problem early Patrick had.

Clearly he wants to put in the effort and do everything. The problem is right now he isnt that great and kind of off putting. So now you have someone who is a bit shit in every west cost video.

Maybe eventually he will get better and over time stop being such a try hard like Scoops.

Abby on the other hand is taking the Brad approach. Half the time you cant even tell she is on a stream. Is that better? Who knows. Its less annoying for sure though.

This is easily the most embarrassing post in this thread

robotrock

Banned
I really liked Spiderman. It's amazing how fun of a movie you can make when the stakes aren't so sky-high.

I was really surprised at how funny it was. Haven't really been into the MCU brand of comedy in stuff like The Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy, but this one is waaaay better at being funny than those. Bodes well for the Waititi Thor movie.

Spent a good 3/4s of it giving out some hearty chuckles

Rank the Spiderman movies, plz.

1. Homecoming
2. Cap. America Civil War
3. Those X-Men cartoon episodes where Spiderman shows up
99+. Those Toby Maguire and those Andrew Garfield ones.

I was really surprised at how funny it was. Haven't really been into the MCU brand of comedy in stuff like The Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy, but this one is waaaay better at being funny than those. Bodes well for the Waititi Thor movie.

Spent a good 3/4s of it giving out some hearty chuckles
Agreed! And it didn't make those absurd tonal shifts that the Avengers films do.

I like this thread because it's chill and not a total shitshow

I love this community overall because the usual posters of this thread are positive(some of us, me included, have been following these guys since GS days)and even when they critique, they provide constructive criticism without being a total ass that doesn't really help anyone in the long run.

p2535748

I really like both Ben and Abby, and actually think they work well in their respective spots. The West crew, in general seem more laid back, while the East is more lively and I think they line up with that. Of course, this could be my imagination or brought on by the fact that I generally associate East with Vinny and West with Jeff.

Also, catching up on content and I actually didn't particularly like the recent playdate for Prey. some parts were funny, but they ignored such large parts of it that it felt like they were missing some of the interesting stuff at the beginning of the game. Not a big deal, just a bit of a disappointment.

I really like both Ben and Abby. Also, as far as new features happening I think the new hires coming right before E3 really screwed up their first month for creation. They were thrown straight into the fire!

Also Jason is clearly stressed the fuck out from having to run the west coast by himself. I think its nice he gets to relax a little on UPF and with that may come some mistakes but he deserves to chill with a beer after a long week.

I love this community overall because the usual posters of this thread are positive(some of us, me included, have been following these guys since GS days)and even when they critique, they provide constructive criticism without being a total ass that doesn't really help anyone in the long run.

When people said GBWest would go to shit when Dan left, they were accused of being counter-productive dicks too, but they were just right.

TraBuch

Banned
1. Homecoming
2. Cap. America Civil War
3. Those X-Men cartoon episodes where Spiderman shows up
99+. Those Toby Maguire and those Andrew Garfield ones.

Agreed! And it didn't make those absurd tonal shifts that the Avengers films do.
Where does the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon series rank on this list?

When people said GBWest would go to shit when Dan left, they were accused of being counter-productive dicks too, but they were just right.
I don't know about you but GBW is still fine to me, GBW & GBE have different styles and I'm glad both exist, if I didn't know any better reading your comment makes it seem like GB = Dan.

Ben says he isn't going to let the haters get to him but he's already made a bundle of tweets about the issue, and counting.

Yeah, he should just shut the fuck up and let people dogpile on him. Especially when those people are wrong, thinking they know how he lives his life, how he should react to things, and what his relationship is like with his co-workers

Mr. F

Banned
I didn't realize there were so many strong feelings on Ben already, woof. I will say I'm enjoying him more than Patrick who I never really warmed up to. I feel like he bridges a good gap between fighting games, mobas and their respective scenes and it plays off well with Brad and Jeff.

There's been the occasional stream where he's been kind of try-hardy but I chalk it up to him not having much to work with -- when other people on the couch aren't in the mood to do a show it's increasingly apparent lately.

Abby's doing great, although I hope Vinny doesn't (further) run her improv stuff into the ground. I'm still weirded out that we're the same age.

Ben doesn't have to prove anything, to be honest. If I was in his shoes, I wouldn't. I didn't get a job to keep proving haters wrong. Don't watch if it bothers you too much then.
Well if the shoe fits

Dan is an anomaly and god bless him for his push to make silly new stuff as much as he could but lets not pretend GB is just Dan. It's a group effort contributing to a cohesive whole. Always has, always will be.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Prove the 'haters' wrong then, Ben. Tweeting isn't how.

He doesn't have to prove shit to people like you. The sense of entitlement people have over the stuff GB folks do is just batshit crazy honestly. Constructive criticism is one thing but some of the stuff here is just mean.

Hasney

I remember when I thought that people in this thread had moved past this kind of thing.

giphy.gif

I feel like there are also a lot of jealous folks out there that want to be in Bens situation.

Meh. I remember people made similar "people are just jealous " comments abbot Kessler too to handwave away people not liking a thing.

I say just give it time. Dude is new and finding his footing. He will get there eventually. We have literally seen this happen before with new duders being rough around the edges and off putting and over time people just get better at the whole on camera personality thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom