• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to bring back "Don't be a Jerk"

That's for sure. A few posters have been awful the past couple days. There's a difference between criticism and being a dick.

This thread bums me the fuck out. These are human beings, for fucks sake.

Yep. Glad there are others who agree and others who try to keep this thread positive / fun.

I don't know about you but GBW is still fine to me, GBW & GBE have different styles and I'm glad both exist, if I didn't know any better reading your comment makes it seem like GB = Dan.

Completely agreed. Ben has added a lot of entertainment to GBW and I look forward to the content he will continue to produce. Abby has been great as well. GB is a team, both east and west. On a side note thanks for all the cool stuff you post Death Metalist, love the SGDQ stuff, 1099 podcast, etc (and thanks to everyone who posts cool stuff in here).

DamnBoxes

Man we've got some downers in the thread huh?

Cheer up folks we've got a new Demo Derby video on the horizon; probably the best series GB West has and when they make you wait about 150 dang days between episodes they're so much better, trust me.

Prove the 'haters' wrong then, Ben. Tweeting isn't how.

I think his point was that the "haters" didn't know what the fuck they were talking about, making ignorant assumptions about the day to day job. Also, these "haters" resorted to disgusting personal attacks in their posts, which was reprehensible.

Prove the 'haters' wrong then, Ben. Tweeting isn't how.

They'll hate him no matter what he does or how he acts. Because they're assholes who don't see the people who provide entertainment as real people, bullies who fail to realize the difference between criticism and tearing people down, and entitled fucks who think paying for content means they have license to act like petulent brats.

I think the problem is people are more vocal about their negativity but when GB does great things they aren't as vocal about it save for the usual posters on here(those who are balls deep in this community).

Tubobutts

Ben should play whichever NBA 2K it was where you couldn't dunk at the beginning of MyCareer even if your player was 6'10" until his player can dunk and then use the knowledge he gained from the game to dunk in real life.

oti

Banned
I think the "worst" thing I could say about a video game man I look at for several hours a week is that Ben still needs some time to carve out his spot at GB. Which after all these years of course this would be the case. GBEast just feels so new still and Abby just surfs that wave effortlessly.

Applebite

Any problems people have with Ben would've been fixed if he wasn't the lone hire for GBW. It should've been him and someone a bit more high energy, because as it stands on the Bombcast, it's Jeff, Brad and Ben (with Jason chiming in from time to time), all of which are kinda low energy. It doesn't have to be somebody wild and wacky either, just someone at least as goofy as Dan. But more hires cost more money, and I'm assuming they've done the math whether or not that is possible.

Any problems people have with Ben would've been fixed if he wasn't the lone hire for GBW. It should've been him and someone a bit more high energy, because as it stands on the Bombcast, it's Jeff, Brad and Ben (with Jason chiming in from time to time), all of which are kinda low energy. It doesn't have to be somebody wild and wacky either, just someone at least as goofy as Dan. But more hires cost more money, and I'm assuming they've done the math whether or not that is possible.

I honestly feel expecting stuff from people constantly is shitty, even for a website that's all about personality. Ben is Ben & Dan is Dan. The new upcoming west hire will be the new west hire.

derFeef

Not sure why people think Ben need to find his footing. I think he is comfy just fine and brought new content and entertainent already. I have more to complain about the old duders at the moment to be honest.

TraBuch

Banned
Know who else are human beings? Marc Maron and Jared Leto. Doesn't stop Dan from constantly shitting all over them because he doesn't like their content.

Aselith

Not sure why people think Ben need to find his footing. I think he is comfy just fine and brought new content and entertainent already. I have more to complain about the old duders at the moment to be honest.

Little too comfy if you ask me. Laying down on the couch like a hesher.

If you got time to lean, you got time to meme.

Know who else are human beings? Marc Maron and Jared Leto. Doesn't stop Dan from constantly shitting all over them because he doesn't like their content.

Jared Leto and Marc Maron are both rich as fuck and aren't trying to be involved in their communities by keeping up on GAF threads about them.

Applebite

I honestly feel expecting stuff from people constantly is shitty, even for a website that's all about personality. Ben is Ben & Dan is Dan. The new upcoming west hire will be the new west hire.

They're people, but ultimately they're creating entertainment. At some point it is their job to find the right mesh of personalities for the most entertaining content possible. What is the moist entertaining is of course completely subjective, and I like Ben, but I just think the energy has kinda gone down on the West side of things.

Dan dumpster dives, scammed his way through college, and thinks T3 > T1, we know he isn't to be taken seriously.

horizon is the goty. zelda is a great idea with very little payoff.

Definitely have to disagree. Love the setting in horizon but Zelda has the best sense of exploration in ages, for me at least. Horizons gameplay isn't as good either, can't be near as creative as in BotW

Jared Leto and Marc Maron are both rich as fuck and aren't trying to be involved in their communities by keeping up on GAF threads about them.

Now compare the amount of times Dan expressed his feelings towards them vs some of the very few on here who usually just have shitty things to say to the point that you could time it.

- J - D -

I read a lot of the criticism of Ben here today and I have to say that though I disagree with a lot that's been said, I found nothing that came off as a personal attack.

Horizon is kinda not that fun gameplay-wise.

Unlike Zelda?

Its refreshing to see a open world not be a hand holding waypoint following mess again but the gameplay in Zelda isnt exactly anything to write home about.

GOTY is actually gonna be fun this year. I feel like the shine on Zelda doesnt hold up long term.

Depending on how Battlegounds evolves it could be a heck of a debate.

Meguro

Banned
Zelda's gameplay is very fun. The combat isn't actually all the gameplay is. After putting 4 hours into Horizon I can safely say it's not for me at all. Sure is pretty though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
horizon is the goty. zelda is a great idea with very little payoff.

Looking forward to Horizon winning GOTY this year just so people can stop having this dumb debate and it finally being settled for good

also you are completely correct

pubg is definitely going to win goty unfortunately

Aselith

Unlike Zelda?

Its refreshing to see a open world not be a hand holding waypoint following mess again but the gameplay in Zelda isnt exactly anything to write home about.

GOTY is actually gonna be fun this year. I feel like the shine on Zelda doesnt hold up long term.

Depending on how Battlegounds evolves it could be a heck of a debate.

Not sure, I haven't played Zelda but Horizon is a fairly ehhh experience overall. Persona 5...now there's a contender.

robotrock

Banned

I think Dan felt really terrible after Marc Maron replied to him. I think it's fair to not like Marc Maron's content, but the level Dan went after him on Twitter was a bit on the mean side and definitely reminiscent of some of the garbage in this thread. Especially because Maron's content is him directly putting his own personality out there, just like Giant Bomb.

With Jared Leto, I think it's slightly different because usually you aren't shitting on his own personality, you're just shitting on his really bad Joker and terrible music. I think I've heard some stories about him being an asshole though so I don't know.

Tubobutts

Now compare the amount of times Dan expressed his feelings towards them vs some of the very few on here who usually just have shitty things to say to the point that you could time it.
To be fair you can be like 95% sure that if someone brings up Jared Leto, Dan is going to talk about how much he sucks.

Well, at some point it gets tiring to be honest. How about don't say anything since you know you won't even like it?

I say things when I like GB content, I say things when I don't like GB content. It's a GB thread.

I have literally posted two bits of my favourite GB content today and was all up in the thread for the Beastcast.

To be fair you can be like 95% sure that if someone brings up Jared Leto, Dan is going to talk about how much he sucks.

But that would be a rare event compared to this thread, which lasts for more than a month or so.
I say things when I like GB content, I say things when I don't like GB content. It's a GB thread.

I have literally posted two bits of classic GB content today.

I'm not talking about you, you balls deep in this community. I'm speaking about the people who rarely post here or who only post here when they got something shitty to say which happens from time to time. This happens to be one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom