• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

I always thought about how funny it is that Dan can shit so easily on others (Re: Marc Maron) while having authored a self-help book. Maybe that's one of the chapters or something.

Rainmaker

Banned
Horizon used a lot of very tired systems and ideas that I never wanted to see again and made me want to do them simply by creating a somewhat unique and very well fleshed out world that I wanted to stay in.

Breath of The Wild gave me what I always dreamed of: a really interesting environment to go out and explore but mostly what I found was nothing but shrines which admittedly got tiring to me very fast. I want a really good copycat more than the game I got. I liked it's ideas more than the game itself. I still think it's REALLY good. Horizon just unexpectedly captured me in a way no other game has in a while.

BoTW still has one of my favorite art styles ever tho

TraBuch

Banned
I always thought about how funny it is that Dan can shit so easily on others (Re: Marc Maron) while having authored a self-help book. Maybe that's one of the chapters or something.
Self-help by making others feel worse, that way you'll feel better than them.

oti

Banned
Zelda's gameplay is very fun. The combat isn't actually all the gameplay is. After putting 4 hours into Horizon I can safely say it's not for me at all. Sure is pretty though.

I'm afraid when I finally come around playing Horizon to quickly realize it's just a Ubisoft game that people love more than Ubisoft games for some reason.

TraBuch

Banned
I have one legitimate complaint about Ben, and it's the horrible fake laugh he does. I don't know if he still does it because I haven't really been watching very many videos lately, or listening to the Bombcast at all.

Saty

Please take several steps back and think about how you're trying to puff up your chest and challenge an employee of a video game website.

Who's puffing up or challenging? I'm not involved in whatever is happening on Twitter and don't wanna be.

I'm just saying there's a straight-forward way for me to change my mind or appreciate more Ben's on-air professional standing in Giant Bomb. I'm just disappointed about this rut the entire West studio is in (for which Jeff\Brad aren't faultless). I'm focusing on Ben because, yes, he hasn't clicked for me but because his hire was supposed to be the much needed shot-in-the-arm but so far he's been passive and supplementary. I expected to see more from whoever turned to be to fill that spot.

If anyone wants to add context why he isn't more prolific (his schedule, bottle-necked because of only one producer, etc.), feel free.

Well, at some point it gets tiring to be honest. How about don't say anything since you know you won't even like it? Like go do things you love for fuck's sake if UPF or whatever is boring and all to you.
If all the people that hated UPF stopped watching it, maybe it would stop being the most watched content on the site and Jeff would think about retooling it.

Rainmaker

Banned
If all the people that hated UPF stopped watching it, maybe it would stop being the most watched content on the site and Jeff would think about retooling it.

Exactly and at this point we know most of the people in this thread who don't like it because they make sure to say so every week. Not liking it is fine. Criticism is fine but at a certain point you're just saying the same thing over and over again.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I see this thread got weird again...

I always felt like bashing (And its bashing, regardless of whatever thinly veiled way you chose to try and put it) members of GB that you know read/participate in this thread is a real weird thing to do. Its especially worse with a new hire. If you wanted to actually pass on constructive criticism, there are no shortage of ways to do it in a private setting. Further, it fosters that negative vibe and bad reputation this thread gets. No one is perfect and certainly GB in general could certainly tighten up some things. But there is some real petty shit happening in here constantly.

(And obviously its not everybody. But the vocal minority really sour this place up.)

JamboGT

I think Ben has been great, I think Zelda is great, I think Horizon is great!

UPF had issues but I blame chat for that, those votes...

Rainmaker

Banned
I deep down hope PUBG doesn't release this year officially. I love that game and the content it has brought us but I think GOTY will be way more intriguing without it in the mix

I feel the way you can tell the direction the tone is at in the wider GB community is if Jeff has turned anonymous questions off or on over at jeff.zone

Nobody has to prove anything to anyone. Fuck that shit.

Indeed.

I thought it was us wanting Giant Bomb members to be our dad and not the other way around. LOL

Also its funny how this "content contribution" info is being brought up in some hindsight 20/20 shit but yet if it was never uttered no one would have known anything.

why
it wont win goty, we all know it

66BXLJR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom