• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Whats wrong about what he's posting?
IMG_0915.jpg

Phatmac

yeah weird that would happen after one of the craziest days in recent american political history

but yeah i get it too tho, you don't need it 100% of the time from peeps either
I unfollowed him a while ago. I just don't really need it in my twitter feed. I should just delete twitter since it's all just arguments.

Phatmac

Its almost like something huge happened during the night.

Nah I can understand it, Austin has always been about politics though.
Yeah, I just started reading up on it. It's fine. It's just not my thing really. I don't have a problem with it since it's important. It just gives me a headache.

Harpuia

I normally couldn't give a single shit about what my video games personalities think. But I respect Austin and I like the cut of his jib.

LiK

Yeah, I just started reading up on it. It's fine. It's just not my thing really. I don't have a problem with it since it's important. It just gives me a headache.

Well yea, politics is more depressing these days. I take breaks during the weekend.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just passionate about it because it directly impacts my family (and many, many others). I definitely can understand that, until recently I wanted nothing to do with politics either. Definitely have to take breaks sometimes because recently it has been nothing besides depressing.

can we not do list wars? no one has ever won a battle of list wars

What list wars? These are just games releasing this year. Are we reading the same thread?
Dragon Quest?
Ni No Kuni got delayed.
Add Monster Hunter Stories. It looks cute.

Yes, Dragon Quest. JP only though so the localization will probably take a million years but there are people who play JP games. Forgot all about Ni No Kuni getting delayed, time to take it off the list and add Monster Hunter Stories.

Phatmac

Sorry, wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just passionate about it because it directly impacts my family (and many, many others). I definitely can understand that, until recently I wanted nothing to do with politics either. Definitely have to take breaks sometimes because recently it has been nothing besides depressing.
I get it. It's important, but it isn't the way I use twitter. I use it to follow artist and game experts in order to follow what new games they're talking about. My feed has mainly been filled with politics so it's been hard to go on there.

Ashby

I'm a big fan of if the shoe fits.

What the fuck are you talking about my dude. You realize it is possible to want the same goal as someone and not agree with their approach? I don't find Austin's hardliner approach productive. All the "still fuck McCain" stuff all over Twitter is petulant and childish. I'm not a great fan of the dude but it's immature to refuse to budge from your established political identity and not give credit where credit is due.

Yeah, I had to unfollow him. His feed is all just politics now.

how dare he talk politics when everything is going so well for everyone in america especially minorities

I get it. It's important, but it isn't the way I use twitter. I use it to follow artist and game experts in order to follow what new games they're talking about. My feed has mainly been filled with politics so it's been hard to go on there.

my guy, please try to apply just a smidge of empathy and recognize your (here it comes) privilege. A lot of people CAN'T turn this stuff off because they were about to lose their health care. If you don't wanna hear about it, the LEAST you can do is not complain when people talk about lives literally being on the line. "It's been hard to go there" give me a fucking break for real. Boo hoo.

What the fuck are you talking about my dude. You realize it is possible to want the same goal as someone and not agree with their approach? I don't find Austin's hardliner approach productive.

Fucking unfollow him then.

You're not about to see me take Dan Ryckert's views on Walmart to the off-topic politics community thread.

soundtest

Banned
What list wars? These are just games releasing this year. Are we reading the same thread?

every list ends with either a war or a long discussion of what is or isnt in the list. lists are just bad for discussion in general but it's just my humble opinion on them.

on another note, i always love to hear how vinny is willing to divulge the making of the sausage. It stands in stark contrast with west, where we're often left in the dark for months at a time wondering why things are the way they are.

Ashby

Fucking unfollow him then.

You're not about to see me take Dan Ryckert's views on Walmart to the off-topic politics community thread.

Why would I do that? I'm not going to disengage with someone I respect just because I happen to disagree with them on a specific approach to an issue. Take it down about 20 notches there, man.

Wait are we talking about like 4 tweets ib total austin made? Because replies to other people dont show unless you follow both people or go to austins timeline.

Bruh..

Yea, makes sense.

Who's ready for some FriDota? I'm going to have a ton of content to catch up on this weekend... Haven't watched Pyre, the other QL today, still have an hour of Steal My Sunshine.

I understand where Dan is coming from with Pyre. I think everyone else has lowered their standards because of poor quality anime or something. I'm not a fan of pretending concept art with text underneath is a complete game either.

I unfollowed Austin when he left Giant Bomb. He didn't drill into politics on the Beastcast (thankfully). Perhaps the previous president chilled him out more.

Ashby

That's my point, coming to the Giant Bomb thread to whine about Austin Walker's personal approach to political critique is as strange.

Where do you think you are right now? These threads would cease to exist without whining about Giant Bomb and Giant Bomb-adjacent people.

BTA

I haven't finished the Beastcast- is Beast the side who's playing Kingdom Hearts?

So... I sorta love the series, having played them as they came out, and so would actually appreciate the chance to see the first few again through a playthrough of theirs. It's been a long while and I don't really have the time to replay them myself, and I want to refresh myself on most of the early stuff before I finally play Dream Drop Distance before 3 eventually comes out since it and Coded (and finishing some version of CoM, I guess) are the only KH things I've never played.

But... do any of them even like the series to begin with? I'm fine with most of the group being new to and even disliking the game they're playing (I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes of SmS a lot and I'm excited to watch the third), but I feel like it's important to have at least one person who enjoys it there to temper things so it's not just shitting on the game. It's not even just a matter of having someone there to defend it, but I feel like when there's someone in the room who's enjoying it the line where you're just being rude to people who like it is harder to cross.

So I'm down for this, but... I just hope it's not them playing a game they don't enjoy playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom