• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 🤔 about looking up ways to play Sunshine.

Bxccwxg.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
Where do you think you are right now? These threads would cease to exist without whining about Giant Bomb and Giant Bomb-adjacent people.

If that was the case I wouldn't mind it if this thread ceased to exist.

I really don't think it is though.

Austin is great, we need more people like him.

Red UFO

Grrrrrr it really winds me up that someone in video games is intelligent and eloquent when talking about big, important issues in the real world.

Grinds my gears!!!!!!!!

I haven't finished the Beastcast- is Beast the side who's playing Kingdom Hearts?

So... I sorta love the series, having played them as they came out, and so would actually appreciate the chance to see the first few again through a playthrough of theirs. It's been a long while and I don't really have the time to replay them myself, and I want to refresh myself on most of the early stuff before I finally play Dream Drop Distance before 3 eventually comes out since it and Coded (and finishing some version of CoM, I guess) are the only KH things I've never played.

But... do any of them even like the series to begin with? I'm fine with most of the group being new to and even disliking the game they're playing (I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes of SmS a lot and I'm excited to watch the third), but I feel like it's important to have at least one person who enjoys it there to temper things so it's not just shitting on the game. It's not even just a matter of having someone there to defend it, but I feel like when there's someone in the room who's enjoying it the line where you're just being rude to people who like it is harder to cross.

So I'm down for this, but... I just hope it's not them playing a game they don't enjoy playing?

Seems like most of them have played little to no KH. Will be interesting to see what they think

I haven't finished the Beastcast- is Beast the side who's playing Kingdom Hearts?

So... I sorta love the series, having played them as they came out, and so would actually appreciate the chance to see the first few again through a playthrough of theirs. It's been a long while and I don't really have the time to replay them myself, and I want to refresh myself on most of the early stuff before I finally play Dream Drop Distance before 3 eventually comes out since it and Coded (and finishing some version of CoM, I guess) are the only KH things I've never played.

But... do any of them even like the series to begin with? I'm fine with most of the group being new to and even disliking the game they're playing (I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes of SmS a lot and I'm excited to watch the third), but I feel like it's important to have at least one person who enjoys it there to temper things so it's not just shitting on the game. It's not even just a matter of having someone there to defend it, but I feel like when there's someone in the room who's enjoying it the line where you're just being rude to people who like it is harder to cross.

So I'm down for this, but... I just hope it's not them playing a game they don't enjoy playing?

Its west

Seems like most of them have played little to no KH. Will be interesting to see what they think

While the series didn't go up its own ass until the second game and onwards i still think this is gonna be a trainwreck and looking forward to seeing it.

BTA

Oh, wait, Kingdom Hearts is just Brad and Ben?

That... could be interesting, huh. I've barely watched/listened to any West stuff lately and Ben's rad so that could work well.

2953462-webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

They have never played Kingdom Hearts, if I'm not mistaken so it's going to be a fresh experience.

kiguel182

Here are the games releasing this year.

• Dragon Quest XI
  • Tacoma
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • LawBreakers
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • Sonic Mania
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Absolver
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Life Is Strange: Before the Storm — Episode 1
  • Knack 2
  • Destiny 2
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
  • Divinity: Original Sin II
  • Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Project CARS 2
  • NBA 2K18
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
  • Total War: Warhammer II
  • Cuphead
  • Fifa 18
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • The Evil Within 2
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Crackdown 3
  • Need for Speed Payback
  • Monster Hunter Heroes
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
  • Vampyr
    [*]Metroid: Samus Returns AM2R

I would play Tacoma if I had a PC and there's Super Mario but that's kinda it. Nothing there strikes my fancy except the already mentioned Destiny 2.

Catvoca

Banned
I understand where Dan is coming from with Pyre. I think everyone else has lowered their standards because of poor quality anime or something. I'm not a fan of pretending concept art with text underneath is a complete game either.

Lmao, visual novels have been a thing for a while dude. Sorry people "lowered their standards" to enjoy them.

Its west

While the series didn't go up its own ass until the second and onwards game i still think this is gonna be a trainwreck and looking forward to seeing it.

Yea I would be surprised if it doesn't become a train wreck. I've played through the majority of them (and read about the story for the others), 1, CoM, 2, BBS... well aware of how ridiculous the story gets haha. Definitely curious what Ben means by not a normal playthrough

oti

Banned
I would play Tacoma if I had a PC and there's Super Mario but that's kinda it. Nothing there strikes my fancy except the already mentioned Destiny 2.

I'm 100% in for Mario XCOM, Cuphead, Mario, Zelda DLC and Monster Hunter Stories.
Rest can wait. I have a huge backlog too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Guys.

DJ Max is back.

Sorry all other games not nier automata.

You're all immediately relegated below #2 for my personal GOTY.

OMG it's so good.

kiguel182

Dan Ryckert has been very Dan Ryckert this episode.

Dan "I love Walmart" Ryckert and the Pyre speech was something.

EDIT: Also, Dan if you read this don't eat a ton of candy when you are pre-diabetic!

kiguel182

I'm 100% in for Mario XCOM, Cuphead, Mario, Zelda DLC and Monster Hunter Stories.
Rest can wait. I have a huge backlog too.

Mario Xcom seems fun but not 60 euros fun. For me personally. Especially with the stuff I still haven't even played.

Cuphead is another "if I had a PC" game altought that one I'm not totally sold. It looks pretty but I need reviews to see if it's actually good.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't heard Dan's take on Pyre, but that Quick Look was dreadful. I can't remember a video I skipped through so much only to find nothing that looked interesting.

oti

Banned
Mario Xcom seems fun but not 60 euros fun. For me personally. Especially with the stuff I still haven't even played.

Cuphead is another "if I had a PC" game altought that one I'm not totally sold. It looks pretty but I need reviews to see if it's actually good.

I'll get Mario XCOM most likely at launch. Play through it and then sell it. I can also take my time since people will be looking for gifts for Christmas so prices on eBay should be higher then.

Really curious if the market is going to treat this as a Nintendo game or not.

Please kindly tweet articles about Wal-Mart's dark practices to Dan. This is the newest frontier on the 'make him a decent human' war. We have made progress so far, but the fight is not yet over.

Dan basically sums up why I hate setting foot in a Walmart unless I have to. People treat that goddamned hellhole like a goddamned museum and painfully, slowly, take the sights in while I just want to go and quickly grab some food for my dog or coffee and get out and no matter what the lines are insanely long and slow.

imBask

Banned
You know what Splatoon 2 needs? Crates and keys.

You drop crates in game, and then you have to buy a device that you plug into your phone, and then you buy PHYSICAL keys that you turn in that device

and then it unlocks an item, it sends it to your app, you have to then send it from the app to the game and then buy it in game

And you can't buy keys anywhere because they're all out of stock

just hire me nintendo

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sorry, the only rhythm games I'm interested in are the ones with secret agents with wacky haircuts

I think one of the videos might have that.

DJ max is so good though, but goddamn it is so hard. Some songs make it feel like you're playing the piano with the DS4.

kiguel182

Please kindly tweet articles about Wal-Mart's dark practices to Dan. This is the newest frontier on the 'make him a decent human' war. We have made progress so far, but the fight is not yet over.

I don't have an issue about shopping at places that do bad shit. If you didn't consume anything from companies with bad practices your options would be very limited (and expensive).

Being aware of it is different but most big companies are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom