• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

No he just needs like 5 frames of animation to hold his interest.

lol, ok, that made me laugh.

I wasn't a big fan of Steins;Gate 0, so hopefully the anime can make some changes to make it better. I'm not even sure which routes it'll cover. Animated Maho will be great so looking forward to it.

Animated Miho is gonna be what I'm looking for the most as well. Curious who will voice her.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not even out of the easy stages of DJ Max.

And my arms hurt.

Man I'm so rusty. Can barely do appreggios.

Then again it's fucking tough to do appreggios on a fucking DS4, but man is it so much fun.

daveo42

Banned
I wasn't a big fan of Steins;Gate 0, so hopefully the anime can make some changes to make it better. I'm not even sure which routes it'll cover. Animated Maho will be great so looking forward to it.

I'm sure there won't be any major changes (much to the chagrin of Okabe haters), but I'm more curious how they'll handle the
the timeline split between answering and ignoring the call from Amadeus early on in the game, especially because they happen at about the same time while also being radically different. Plus all the extra stuff with Judy and Kagari.
I'm still interested in seeing what they do even if S;G 0 was better as a way to revisit the characters than anything else.

ev0

Please kindly tweet articles about Wal-Mart's dark practices to Dan. This is the newest frontier on the 'make him a decent human' war. We have made progress so far, but the fight is not yet over.

I'm pretty sure Dan has regressed and New Dan is completely gone.
I've def noticed a rise in complaining about Dan's "bad" taste and him making definitive yet hypocritical statements regarding things.

That said, better than Dota
maybe

daveo42

Banned
Hearing Dan say he'll be the one playing the other Yakuza games sounds like it's a series that won't go past 0. I really hope that's part of the joke.

kiguel182

I don't think you need to read a ton to write books but the dismissive manner he talked about was definetly odd.

"If it's not cinematic and animated I'm out". Just weird. But well, tastes and all.

Also, off time in a game can definetly be worth discussing altought it's less about reading and more about being passive and I would put cutscenes in the same basket as reading while Dan loves cutscenes but hates reading for some reason.

It's basically the same logic as the classic "why would you want to just WATCH someone attack" argument against RPGs, which Dan also used to subscribe to.

LiK

This week's Beastcast was really quite special between Dan's consumer/brand talk and Jeff B's bday paradox theory. Really quite special.

kiguel182

It's basically the same logic as the classic "why would you want to just WATCH someone attack" argument against RPGs, which Dan also used to subscribe to.

But he likes cutscenes! That's the part that gets me.

If he was all "action" all the time sure but he said that the lack of animation or voice acting is what he hated.

Strax

I'm 100% behind Dan on his Pyre take. Nothing about that game looks fun or interesting.

Dan has written four books yet reading doesn't hold his interest.

He is a mysterious man.

I'm a screenwriter and I have almost no interest in reading books. I do read children books for the kids at my job (kindergarten) but that's about it. I do however often read screenplays and long articles.

Fantastic

9xLqiVi.gif

I don't think there was anything wrong with Dan's opinion on Pyre. I think he did an adequate job explaining what parts of it he didn't like. Not every game has to be for everybody.

LiK

I don't think there was anything wrong with Dan's opinion on Pyre. I think he did an adequate job explaining what parts of it he didn't like. Not every game has to be for everybody.

Yup, like I said in the previous page, I understood his reasoning. It wasn't crazy or off the wall.

Yup, like I said in the previous page, I understood his reasoning. It wasn't crazy or off the wall.

He held it together until the end when he said something like "I like cinematic moments, NOT STUPID CARTOONS-" but was cut off before he could dig a deeper hole.

Mr. F

Banned

I don't have an issue with the opinion (at this point in my life I probably share it) but as others mentioned there were some lame moments trying to explain it.

I get it though, I have an increasingly hard time getting invested in game stories lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom