• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
Dan has to be kidding with this.
There's a Beastcast episode where like 10 minutes are dedicated to explaining Gravity and life to Dan

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, reading without voices is rough. I don't know how I read through Fate/stay night and Tsukihime since they don't have voice acting.

House in Fata Morgana wasn't voiced, but it's the best VN I've read. VA helps but it isn't a deal breaker for me. 999 wasn't really voiced either, though it did have the different pitched sounds for character text.

Fireblend

Banned
Vinny just named 2 of my favorite novels in a row. Childhood's End and Foucault's Pendulum. Dude has great taste. Damn.

Kubrick wanted to make a Foucalut's Pendulum movie but Eco's editor turned him down because Eco had told him to reject all film proposals after he watched Name of the Rose. He later said he regretted not letting Kubrick work on it.

I wish I lived in the alternate universe that got made in.

What are your favorite books, GBGaf?

Oh man this is a hard question, The Drawing of the Three by stephen king is probably my number 1 though.

edit oh you said BOOKS.

End of Eternity by asimov
Xenocide by card (yeah I know he is a garbage man but i didn't know that when i read this and it still resonates with me.)
Snow crash by stephenson

pmCCIA5.png

Teddified

I read a bunch of the redwall books as a kid, I haven't read much of anything lately though.

And I read all the harry potter books but like the last one lol.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Foucault's Pendulum
Carpe Jugulum and Witches Abroad, although really all Pratchett
An Introduction to Computing Systems
The Plague
Godel, Escher, Bach

chogidogs

All of the stories that Dan keeps telling kinda paints me a picture that there was a point in his life that he decided to just stop learning.

Fireblend

Banned
Fiction:

Foucault's Pendulum
Childhood's End
Good Omens
Guards, Guards!
Mort
American Gods
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Kafka on the Shore
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Norwegian Wood
Contact
Blindness

Non-fiction:

The Information
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
Godel, Escher, Bach
Ghost in the Wires
Cosmos

Those are the ones within my hand's reach. I'm missing a ton.

Fiction:

Foucault's Pendulum
Childhood's End
Good Omens
Guards, Guards!
Mort
American Gods
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Kafka on the Shore
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Norwegian Wood
Contact
Blindness

Non-fiction:

The Information
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
Godel, Escher, Bach
Ghost in the Wires
Cosmos

Those are the ones within my hand's reach. I'm missing a ton.

These are some awesome books *thumbs up*

soundtest

Banned
All of the stories that Dan keeps telling kinda paints me a picture that there was a point in his life that he decided to just stop learning.

maybe he didnt stop learning, maybe a lifetime of taco bell and eating hot dogs out of shoe boxes just caught up to him right quick

I really need to read American Gods. Haven't even seen the Starz show yet.

Book is amazing the show sorta veers from the books pretty hard after a few episodes, but keeps lots of references/scenes

Show is great, really beautiful.

I hope it doesn't have the curse of Fuller where the first season is awesome and then it falls apart after that

Infinite Jest
House of Leaves
ASoIaF
Slaughterhouse Five
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World (just read this last month and loooved it)
The Lions of Al-Rassan
Wolf in White Van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom