• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching through Twin Peaks for the first time and I don't know how it managed to get weirder literally every single episode

I made it to s2e9 before I had to take a break, i hear the rest of season 2 is kind of bad

Jintor

I missed The Lies of Locke Lamora in my list. That's one damn fine book. Sadly I didn't continue with the series, and I do own the second book.

god knows why but i just can't get into it. i recognise that it's well written in comparison to some of the dreck i've run through before, i just don't like reading it very much

it's like how i feel about sanderson: i recognise it's good writing but i'm just not drawn in

I'm watching through Twin Peaks for the first time and I don't know how it managed to get weirder literally every single episode

I made it to s2e9 before I had to take a break, i hear the rest of season 2 is kind of bad

Soldier through it if you can, it has a quality finale (Lynch came back to direct the last episode).

Sakwoff

Yeah, you're about to hit a streak of bad melodrama and stupid plotlines. I would still keep watching. It'll be worth it in the end, and it's not really skippable unfortunately. Also definitely watch Fire Walk With Me after the end of S2, and before going into the new S3. It's absolutely brilliant and essential viewing.

Jintor

What are your favorite books, GBGaf?

tricky question... I have a lot of books I found influential and liked reading, but it's difficult for me to pick faves

Homicide (David Simon)
Last Chance to See (Douglas Adams)
Night Watch (Terry Pratchett)

Catvoca

Banned
tricky question... I have a lot of books I found influential and liked reading, but it's difficult for me to pick faves

Homicide (David Simon)
Last Chance to See (Douglas Adams)
Night Watch (Terry Pratchett)

Homicide and The Corner are two of my favourite books for sure.

8YfA8mj.jpg

---

It ain't that bad but yes, it's sort of disappointing after the excellent season 1. However, there are fantastic character moments that make it worthwhile and it ends in spectacular fashion.

Jintor

one thing i find annoying about myself is that i often don't connect with classics in the way i feel like i should. it took a long time for me to admit to myself that yeah, i kinda just like easy sci fi plots and heroes journey stuff and that while i appreciate the artistry and craft and metaphors of a fahrenheit 451 or a lolita or a tree grows in brooklyn or a catch-22 (all great books), at the end of the day i'd rather read a well-done generic fantasy book cos that makes me feel good

i just read the stranger by cadmus and while i liked it a lot, a lot of the philosophy and feeling of it is striking, i probably won't remember it in the same way i remember what you might think of as more pulp literature

i'm okay with it these days but it took a while to come to terms with

tesqui

They joke about a Game of Thrones cast, but I'd legitimately like to hear there thoughts in a podcast format. Seems like the entirety of GBEast watches it.

Ravelle

I don't have a favorite book but do enjoy a couple of books series I started reading recently.

I've read all the Song of Fire and Ice books and pretty much lost some serious sleep over it when I was binge reading them like crazy, reading them up until late in the morning until I passed out.

I've read the first two Dresden Files Books and really enjoyed them, I'm just a big sucker for Noir stuff and this was pretty much just super natural wizard noir.

The Lies of Lock Lamora was one of my first books I really enjoyed, hence my user name for a very long time.

I recently finished the first Mistborn book and thought it was really great, the start was kinda rough to get in to but once it gets going it's really great.

I also love to read anything Warhammer Fantasy or 40K. I'm almost done with Grimblades and loved it.

Also, I ready buy more books than I can read and read multiple at once.

Joeku

They joke about a Game of Thrones cast, but I'd legitimately like to hear there thoughts in a podcast format. Seems like the entirety of GBEast watches it.

At this point it would have to be a rewatch cast. Which aside from maybe seasons 4 and 5, I would totally join them on. I kinda want to rewatch the show before the last season anyway.

Meguro

Banned
That reaction from Brad right there should tell you all about how that KH playthrough will turn out.
Constant negative Brad, go!
I love you Brad don't yell at me

Navid

Just listened to and really enjoyed the 'Math Probability' conversation on the Beastcast, had a grin on my face as it escalated... love the dynamic between Vinny and Jeff Bakalar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom