• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that's basically what a heel is right?

Nothing wrong with liking him and also be cognizant of the fact that the stuff he does is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I mean I'm like that.
I guess but this seems more childish antics of trying to people anger than actual accomplish something other than getting people mad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
ITT: Stop being a dick about Ben

Same people ITT: Totally be a dick about Dan

That's not exactly what I'm saying.

But you understand there's a difference right?

"I love corporations and think they do no wrong!" is different from "My voice sucks and I'm a little boring to some people?"

But yeah I'm not saying be a dick to Dan. I'm saying that he says some dumb stuff but please understand he's mostly saying it to get a rise out of people?

That's not exactly what I'm saying.

But you understand there's a difference right?

"I love corporations and think they do no wrong!" is different from "My voice sucks and I'm a little boring to some people?"

But yeah I'm not saying be a dick to Dan. I'm saying that he says some dumb stuff but please understand he's mostly saying it to get a rise out of people?

"Hey ben is p boring and his features have sucked" is also totally different to "Dan is a terrible person because of his upbringing and where he grew up and also he is stupid and too lazy to learn anything, i know everything about his brain and also I am better than him"

- J - D -

All this Dan talk has me thinking. Who is the most controversial/divisive person ever hired at Giant Bomb?

Patrick?

Alex?

Dan?

Austin?

I'm going to say Patrick because I remember reading a looooot of hate for the guy.

I keep thinking that Alex was always with them from the beginning (cuz of the Gamespot days) but then I'm reminded that he was with Harmonix for a while before GB.

But to answer your question: It's Patrick, no contest.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Unless I'm actually missing some posts from the previous pages the past page was way milder than what Ben got.

But don't be a dick is a general good rule to have.

"Hey ben is p boring and his features have sucked" is also totally different to "Dan is a terrible person because of his upbringing and where he grew up and also he is stupid and too lazy to learn anything, i know everything about his brain and also I am better than him"

I mean.

That's literally what he's trying to present himself as (other than the terrible person because of his upbringing part which is way too far)

Even for the upbringing part he literally talked about how his unwillingness to try new things is something he got from his dad.

But he as a person is also totally willing to learn and try new things.

So yeah he's working dudes but I can't blame them for being worked is all I'm saying.

The first game is a really good game.

tenor.gif

Of people you like Kingdom Hearts which is totally fine because we all have different tastes

and we are all beautiful because of it

you're pretty beautiful

you're not a heartless

do you think daffy duck has a dick like every other duck?

discuss

Tubobutts

Are you asking if Daffy Duck has a dick like every other duck that has a dick has a dick or are you asking if Daffy Duck's dick is like other duck's dicks?

pizzacat

Banned
I like KH but when kh3 comes out I'm prolly not gonna be paying attention to the story per say.

Like I was okay with the things they presented pre BBS and then BBS became fucking stupid

criticism of Dan seems to offend you so deeply that you lose all reading comprehension and rational thought. Maybe take a break from the internet.

Lari

I think there's a difference between talking about stuff in the internet in text and speaking aloud in real life. On the internet descriptions of things are usually two extremes and things are either greatest thing ever or a burning trash fire. In real life people are usually more measured. Dan seems to talk about things in a way more suited to internet discussions and this is a problem for me. I'm not coming to Giant Bomb for super a nuanced discussion, but I don't want hyperbole either. Dan saying he knows he's being that way and not to take him so seriously just doesn't work for me.

I respect your opinion and generally agree. I definitely don't mean to defend Dan, I think he takes it a little too far in spots.

But I also think that people demanding others fit their standards of acceptable behavior to be more than a little weird is all (i'm not accusing you of doing that, just to be clear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom