• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The true Kingdom Hearts experience is constant repetition of these two questions:

What the fuck is going on?
Who the fuck are these people?

The second question might be more relevant for KH2 though.

That is mostly a KH2 onward problem and maybe Birth By Sleep doesn't have an issue with it either I think. I absolutely loved KH1+2 when I was young and it always bums me out when people hate on the series. I should probably give them another go just to see if I get super confused by the story. I remember things mostly making sense at the time.

Hasney

That is mostly a KH2 onward problem and maybe Birth By Sleep doesn't have an issue with it either I think. I absolutely loved KH1+2 when I was young and it always bums me out when people hate on the series. I should probably give them another go just to see if I get super confused by the story. I remember things mostly making sense at the time.

Its the other games that fuck it up too. Gametrailers timeline was almost an hour long and it still makes no sense.

But yeah, bought the PS4 versions yesterday and mainly enjoying it so far.

Xater

No, shit doesn't make sense.

oti

Banned
After all these years I still have no clue what this island even is. Where are their parents? Is there a school? Is there a functional societal system with hospitals, police, courts and businesses on the island?

Zocano

No, shit doesn't make sense.

KH2 is real nonsense time-travel levels of obfuscation but KH1 is fairly straightforward in terms of what does what, who is who, why are people doing what they are doing. I mean there's still like big dumb anime transformations and shit but it's not anywhere near the nonsense that 2 starts.

drabnon

After all these year I still have no clue what this island even is. Where are their parents? Is there a school? Is there a functional societal system with hospitals, police, courts and businesses on the island?

Sofa definitely has a mom at least. In the cutscene before leaving the island, his mom calls him down for dinner.

So is the ending saying that they won't be doing any more? That would be pretty devious of them.

I can't tell either maybe just Brad isn't coming back? Maybe every week Brad, Jeff, and Jason will rotate? I feel like that won't make for great content though. The video isn't premium, which makes me think this was a one time deal.

Sakwoff

Yeah. I'm definitely gonna watch this KH series. That was great.

Never played any of it, and never intend to, so this is the best way.

drabnon

Whether it's a rotating guest or Ben plays through solo, I hope they continue this series. GB West needs some good content. I really enjoyed this first episode, short as it was.

ArjanN

Huh, I though the first game was shorter, but how long to beat says it's like 30 hours.

Yeah, I'm not 100% convinced they're going to do all of that then, I don't see Brad being engaged by it if he's not playing.

Meguro

Banned
There's no way they just do a bait and switch and stop here.
That would almost be as dumb as suggesting to split their hugely popular podcast in two for free users!
Hahaha
Ha

Zaph

Kinda hoping the episode 1 thing is a joke - we don't need more videos of Brad acting like he's being dragged into the studio. Find something they both like
(that isn't DOTA)
and play it.

A couple of notes for people who don't understand what those questions and weapon choices were about

The weapon choices determine the order of abilities you get, your starting stats and the max items slots you'll have. If you choose the wand, you'll get more magic focused abilities earlier and will have larger magic bar. The weapon you sacrifice will hurt you negatively in that area. So Ben chose to sacrifice the shield so you get the picture.

The questions that Tidus, Wakka and Selphie ask determine how fast you level up. Ben chose the dead of night option, which means he'll level slower up to level 50 but after that he'll level faster than someone who chooses a neutral path or morning path.

roytheone

A couple of notes for people who don't understand what those questions and weapon choices were about

The weapon choices determine the order of abilities you get, your starting stats and the max items slots you'll have. If you choose the wand, you'll get more magic focused abilities earlier and will have larger magic bar. The weapon you sacrifice will hurt you negatively in that area. So Ben chose to sacrifice the shield so you get the picture.

The questions that Tidus, Wakka and Selphie ask determine how fast you level up. Ben chose the dead of night option, which means he'll level slower up to level 50 but after that he'll level faster than someone who chooses a neutral path or morning path.

That seems like the worst options to get during your first run of the game.

That seems like the worst options to get during your first run of the game.

It's a really stupid design decision to ask the player to choose things that will greatly impact their experience while giving absolutely zero context for any of it. That's one of my biggest game design bugbears, and practically every RPG used to do it.

Haven't watched yet but they will only do one episode? That seems like a bummer.

I don't really have any interest in watching Ben play Kingdom Hearts, but after reading the responses here I opened the video and jumped to the end.

They did a little awkward end to the show, where they didn't seem to know how to close it and the end came kind of abruptly. Which to me seemed like they were filming a lot more after the 'goodbye' and were only 'closing' so they could cut the video into chunks.

patapuf

The game really isn't that hard, a few optional fights and the last one can be though, but by that point the starting choices should be mitigated. Mostly.

roytheone

ahaha they totally aren't going to do more

The ending implies that, but the rest of the video hints at them doing more. So I would still assume they will do more.

It will be funny though if they make it to the whale and stop there. Since of the three times I tried to play kingdom hearts 1, that is ALWAYS the part where I just quit.

patapuf

They've been pretty explicit that brad will watch ben play the whole thing. Why do we assume a rotation chair?

And i really doubt this will be only one episode. They drop features all the time, but not that quickly. Given the length, i assume they've recorded a few at least.

They've been pretty explicit that brad will watch ben play the whole thing. Why do we assume a rotation chair?

And i really doubt this will be only one episode. They drop features all the time, but not that quickly. Given the length, i assume they've recorded a few at least.

Just cause it has a weird ending

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Of course Dan doesn't understand gravity. I shouldn't even be surprised.

He's not the only one at least.

75nDlqJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom