• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

So I don't browse GB threads very often, but I am assuming someone has already messaged and corrected Ben on some Kingdom Hearts games not being cannon or necessary besides KH1 and KH2, right?

Who ever told him that clearly shouldn't be giving advice on Kingdom Hearts.

That's not what he said though. He was trying to find which games he had to play in order to be well prepared for KH3 story-wise, which... I mean yah having every detail helps but you only really need 1, 2, and BBS. Whoever told him nothing past 2 isn't quite correct but they were talking about what is important to hit and not which ones are canon.

That's not what he said though. He was trying to find which games he had to play in order to be well prepared for KH3 story-wise, which... I mean yah having every detail helps but you only really need 1, 2, and BBS. Whoever told him nothing past 2 isn't quite correct but they were talking about what is important to hit and not which ones are canon.

DDD isn't in that?

I thought it was the one nearest to 3

pizzacat

Banned
I agree!

He said his KH friend said that most of the games aren't cannon when Brad asked him if he was going to play every game or not.

You can totally make an argument for just reading a quick summary of 358.

MAYBE you can do the same with COM. That one I'm a bit reluctant because there are a lot of characters you meet and it's about building relationships with them. Just reading about them loses the impactfulness you get when you play the later games.
I think the people you see in COM don't really show up in 2 besides axel, diz and namine?

Which tbh knowing the last two made it even more confusing in 2 for me iirc

oti

Banned
Here are the KH games that matter story wise: NONE

Just play the games. Enjoy the Disney. Ignore the anime garbage. Watch a plot synopsis on YouTube or read some tumblr post if you really care.

pizzacat

Banned
Here are the KH games that matter story wise: NONE

Just play the games. Enjoy the Disney. Ignore the anime garbage. Watch a plot synopsis on YouTube or read some tumblr post if you really care.
People enjoy it for a various reasons don't try to take it from others before they know they like it or not

Tempted to just wait and watch it, but I think once I wrap up Nier 1 I'm going to dive into KH.

(Also: Nier 1 is, like, real fucking good. Wish I had actually played it before Automata instead of just watching a recap.)

Zocano

DDD isn't in that?

I thought it was the one nearest to 3

I think so???? I have a cursory knowledge of all that shit and only dipped back in to check how wacko things got every now and then (almost out of obligation cause I had played the fuck out of 1, 2, and CoM as a kid).

I assume you mean timeline wise and not release date or overall plot impact. But it's really only 1, 2, and BBS that are actually important. BBS was honestly bordering on being KH3 but it just didn't have Sora as the main character.

Harpuia

Ben kept talking up this being a completely normal run of kingdom hearts and I'm still not sure what he meant by this. Seems completely normal...what are you up to Ben....

Zocano

I still have a soft spot for the series (regretfully). It's anime garbage and man did that shit get stupid but that first game was super special for me. I still get nostalgic when I hear simple and clean.

oti

Banned
Ben kept talking up this being a completely normal run of kingdom hearts and I'm still not sure what he meant by this. Seems completely normal...what are you up to Ben....
He said something about changing clothes.

COSPLAY RUN

I still have a soft spot for the series (regretfully). It's anime garbage and man did that shit get stupid but that first game was super special for me. I still get nostalgic when I hear simple and clean.

Combat is OK. Not amazing, but still OK. The music is outstanding. The setting changes with every world, great variety. The story is dumb, but at last it's not boring and offers some flashy moments. It feels epic in that way. And it's Disney.

And yes, simple and clean is just amazing. Especially orchestrated.

Yea... With that ending and the playing up of it Ben / Brad did I have a feeling you're right :.

honestly, I think they're fucked either way

if it's not a joke and they're committing to a playthrough of Kingdom Hearts, that's a lot of time put into a game which they made pretty clear nobody there enjoys at all, and the worst Giant Bomb content is made with games the crew aren't interested in

if it is a joke and this is the last we see of it, "haha you got excited for this content we're not actually doing" is a pretty bad look and would bum a lot of people out

of course, the punchline always could be that there's another episode coming that flips the script and makes the playthrough all sorts of weird and interesting somehow, but who knows

I think so???? I have a cursory knowledge of all that shit and only dipped back in to check how wacko things got every now and then (almost out of obligation cause I had played the fuck out of 1, 2, and CoM as a kid).

I assume you mean timeline wise and not release date or overall plot impact. But it's really only 1, 2, and BBS that are actually important. BBS was honestly bordering on being KH3 but it just didn't have Sora as the main character.

more timeline and some plot since its supposedly the most recent setup *shrug*

Same though i don't mind anime.

Although i still haven't played 2 and the game is like a few feet away from me :O

Well you see, they have this machine filled with yellow, white, blue and red gumballs, and then Ben and Brad take turns....

Long story short, they never get anything but yellow gumballs.

ryseing

Good call on Riku Ben.

Ouch at picking the worst possible choices for a newcomer though. I totally encourage using a guide for KH1 because parts of that game are some bullshit.

Zocano

timeline and plot since its supposedly the most recent setup *shrug*

One super fast wiki read later:

Ya it's definitely like the lead up/set up story bits to head into KH3 but even still it didn't seem thaaaaaat overly important. Like the synopsis felt so short that you could easily just read it like I just did with only 1, 2, and BBS knowledge and get what you need to out of it. Honestly just seemed like set up stuff and not like big story revelations or required exposition.

Harpuia

Honestly it'd be really odd if they just did one episode of this. Unless they did this to gauge interest? This has some potential. They both seem somewhat interested. No one has Alex levels of frustration.

I'd watch more is what I'm saying. I know you peek your heads in here Ben/Brad. 😉

One super fast wiki read later:

Ya it's definitely like the lead up/set up story bits to head into KH3 but even still it didn't seem thaaaaaat overly important. Like the synopsis felt so short that you could easily just read it like I just did with only 1, 2, and BBS knowledge and get what you need to out of it. Honestly just seemed like set up stuff and not like big story revelations or required exposition.

Anyways i should play that game but then again i have a bunch of KH games to play also LOL

Honestly it'd be really odd if they just did one episode of this. Unless they did this to gauge interest? This has some potential. They both seem somewhat interested. No one has Alex levels of frustration.

I'd watch more is what I'm saying. I know you peek your heads in here Ben/Brad. ��

Based on the discussion on the Beastcast they would need at least 2 more episodes before they can properly gauge and make adjustments. Unless it was just pretty bad viewer wise.

honestly, I think they're fucked either way

if it's not a joke and they're committing to a playthrough of Kingdom Hearts, that's a lot of time put into a game which they made pretty clear nobody there enjoys at all, and the worst Giant Bomb content is made with games the crew aren't interested in

if it is a joke and this is the last we see of it, "haha you got excited for this content we're not actually doing" is a pretty bad look and would bum a lot of people out

of course, the punchline always could be that there's another episode coming that flips the script and makes the playthrough all sorts of weird and interesting somehow, but who knows

Yeah I think all outcomes are kind of equally bad but on balance I'd rather they scrap this because that first episode was pretty bad. Do something else that they actually enjoy. But I don't know that I'll ever enjoy a feature that's just Ben and Brad tbh.

Also lol @ people already going "oh they should definitely play them in this order and youtube the bad games or they won't get the full story" as if they're going to give a shit about this series' garbage lore diarrhea. They're not even going to finish the first game, probably, and definitely not play through the whole series.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't think there's another episode of it lol.

But from what piston said.

Mario party series was gdlk and I don't think even dan actually cared haha

ryseing

I would like them to get through 1/2/BBS, and possibly 0.2 as an endcap. It'd be nice to have that content in the archives as prep for 3.

Edit out some of the boring/unnecessary bits as needed. Lord knows there's plenty of them.

Meguro

Banned
Yeah I don't know about this one. Unless they actually wanna see KH1 to the end I say just scrap that shit and figure out something the duders actually want to play and or see.
This "first" episode was pretty rotten all around.

pizzacat

Banned
What if they just play through the first 45 minutes of all the games, play through the aqua thing that's like 4 hours and call it a day lol

So I take it KH was a disaster

It was alright, I think some are exaggerating. To be fair the game has a SLOW start so I don't know what people were expecting. The game doesn't pick up until they leave the island and even then it kind of stalls abit after that in Traverse Town. The highlight of the game in my opinion is when you are able to visit the Disney worlds and interact with other Disney characters. Voice acting and music is top notch.

It was alright, I think some are exaggerating. To be fair the game has a SLOW start so I don't know what people were expecting. The game doesn't pick up until they leave the island and even then it kind of stalls abit after that in Traverse Town. The highlight of the game in my opinion is when you are able to visit the Disney worlds and interact with other Disney characters. Voice acting and music is top notch.

Cant wait for
the Gummi ship
shenanigans LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom