• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom Heartache: Episode 01
2953462-webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Ben sits down with Brad Shoemaker for a completely normal playthrough of Kingdom Hearts.

Xater

Now everyone can experience how garbage the story in Kingdom Hearts is. Hopefully this feature will cure people of thinking these are good games like the Shenmue series did.

Zocano

Now everyone can experience how garbage the story in Kingdom Hearts is. Hopefully this feature will cure people of thinking these are good games like the Shenmue series did.

Story was always anime nonsense. I still like the first game's gameplay a lot.

hamchan

KH are a bunch of fun games. I don't think they have it in them to make a good story, so I'm glad they leaned into convoluted nonsense, which is more enjoyable instead of something just normal.

patapuf

Yeah no they are just straight up playing this, no gimmicks.

I can't see this lasting very long, but I'd like to be surprised.

I always wonder when they start these super long series. KH games aren't exactly short. Beating the first game is already pretty good.

That said, they did end up beating all of metal gear, so who knows. They might do it.

Zocano

Unfortunately, like a lot of games out of Japan around this time, the opening is a craaaaawwwwwwwwwwlllllll. First episode doesn't even get past the tutorial area and then there's a while before you get a lot more open with your combat.

Ladekabel

Will this Kingdom Hearts series be a premium show? Or will it not get more than one episode? Currently watching the first episode and already excited.

Will this Kingdom Hearts series be a premium show? Or will it not get more than one episode? Currently watching the first episode and already excited.

see

personally I think that's a pretty big bullet dodged since watching other people play JRPGs is about as interesting as watching other people play Dota 2

but man, they really need to get some new features off the ground over at the West office

Catvoca

Banned
KH are a bunch of fun games. I don't think they have it in them to make a good story, so I'm glad they leaned into convoluted nonsense, which is more enjoyable instead of something just normal.

Yeah, people praise the simplicity of the first game's story but it was always trash. At least the anime nonsense can sometimes be fun trash.

oti

Banned
yeah me too. Me and my two brothers were super into the FF and Disney mashup and the mysterious hearthless and everything.

It was on the same level as Mario 64 for me. Was super flashed how dark it was, with the Disney characters and all. Too bad the story turned into garbage over the years though.

Xater

The true Kingdom Hearts experience is constant repetition of these two questions:

What the fuck is going on?
Who the fuck are these people?

The second question might be more relevant for KH2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom