• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
td8cX2k.gif

That face Brad makes when Ben sings.

The people who think that most people who are into Kingdom Hearts because of the story are lolworthy. Most of the people who play KH are into 3 things: cute boys, Disney and that soundtrack. For me? I'm only there for that soundtrack and DISNEY, specifically Disney because I watched alot of those Donald, Mickey, Goofy & Pluto shorts growing up besides of course Disney's renaissance era films.

Donald Duck is a warlock. An alright first episode, totally want to see more as the game gets better as soon as they're off the island.
So I bought The Darkness 1 and 2, which game is the better one again?

Which one had the girlriend part?

1. 2 is still alright though but it ain't no the first Darkness.

Wait what

Most of the women and a few guys I've met who played Kingdom Hearts and are into the game/franchise is because of the cute boys and DISNEY.
Kingdom Hearts, DOTA, Super Mario Sunshine, Battlegrounds, Yakuza. Would it kill them to play a good video game?

Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza & Battlegrounds are actually good. Well, I maybe abit baised with KH since I had a fun time with it back in the day and when I revisited it with the HD collection. Then again I'm into KH for very specific things.

It would be good if pre-recorded videos had their length listed in the upcoming content box. When you're looking forward to something, it helps to know (for example) a quick look will be 20 minutes or 80 minutes long for expectation management.

I can't tell either maybe just Brad isn't coming back? Maybe every week Brad, Jeff, and Jason will rotate? I feel like that won't make for great content though. The video isn't premium, which makes me think this was a one time deal.

The Nintendownload Xpress of video features? Everyone gets angry that Ben tricks them into sitting for this?

hamchan

What if Ben is the one to rotate out but then he never rotates back in again and then it's just Jeff and Brad and Rorie and Jason and Drew playing Kingdom Hearts?

Kassu

Banned
Once they entered the scene all went to hell.
Nah, they're bad characters for sure but CoM, KH2 and BBS are still good games and at least the story is still somewhat understandable in KH2.

3DS game is where everything actually went to hell. Spoilers:
Time travel plot device is the worst

Messing around on QL Crew just made me aware of the fact that Ben has already been in 92 videos, not counting his time as an intern. #content

I don't have the time to watch most Giant Bomb content these days, and a lot of it plain doesn't interest me, so I was surprised that they had even put out 92 videos in the past three months.

Comparitvely, Austin was in 208 videos in the single year he was with the site, which also seemed very high to me. I really do miss out on a lot.

jaina

Messing around on QL Crew just made me aware of the fact that Ben has already been in 92 videos, not counting his time as an intern. #content

I don't have the time to watch most Giant Bomb content these days, and a lot of it plain doesn't interest me, so I was surprised that they had even put out 92 videos in the past three months.

Comparitvely, Austin was in 208 videos in the single year he was with the site, which also seemed very high to me. I really do miss out on a lot.

Ben's in 2 video bombcasts each week :)
But still, he's participating a lot. :thumbsup:

Jintor

It was so incredibly boring for me personally, also the nature of it being mostly japanese made it a poor series just to have on in the background. 😕

i liked it a fair amount but

a) i want the cabaret game as a minigame
b) yeah the jpn made it a poor second screen experience

UPFs and Bombcasts every week add up. It also doesn't hurt that he's in almost every single quick look West does. That being said, if you're using QL Crew, that number's actually inflated since the video podcast is counted twice because of the premium version.

Mikey Jr.

So I don't browse GB threads very often, but I am assuming someone has already messaged and corrected Ben on some Kingdom Hearts games not being cannon or necessary besides KH1 and KH2, right?

Who ever told him that clearly shouldn't be giving advice on Kingdom Hearts.

pizzacat

Banned
So I don't browse GB threads very often, but I am assuming someone has already messaged and corrected Ben on some Kingdom Hearts games not being cannon or necessary besides KH1 and KH2, right?

Every game is canon? BBS is very necessary

DDD is a continuation of the story?

The ones that fill into blanks have become movies in the HD collection

Mikey Jr.

Every game is canon? BBS is very necessary

DDD is a continuation of the story?

The ones that fill into blanks have become movies in the HD collection

I agree!

He said his KH friend said that most of the games aren't cannon when Brad asked him if he was going to play every game or not.

You can totally make an argument for just reading a quick summary of 358.

MAYBE you can do the same with COM. That one I'm a bit reluctant because there are a lot of characters you meet and it's about building relationships with them. Just reading about them loses the impactfulness you get when you play the later games.

Yeah when I heard that I went like "oh no!" Sure kingdom hearts 1 and 2 can give you the gist of most things about the series but birth by sleep, dream drop distance and fragmentary passage are vital in fleshing out alot of things. Heck chain of memories helps out alot for understanding some big things that happen in 2. Those other games are definitely necessary playthroughs or at least youtubed if he doesn't want to play through them.

UPF was actually pretty good this week. Kind of made me wish Samantha Kalman was on the staff though.

Yeah I agree and really thought Samantha brought some good energy to the show. I also thought Ben was doing a great job on the show too, but really couldn't pinpoint why, maybe he and Samantha just mesh well.

Harpuia

When are they going to get Dan to play a core game for us core gamers? Screw sunshine kingdom hearts and dota crap. Where's my call of duty???

Meneses

With the end of Game of the Year Yakuza 0 playthrough, i'm really hoping Beast comes up with something else, I need some content on GB besides the beastcast and listening to Blue Bombin'.

I wonder what they're cooking up that they mentioned at the end of friday's stream.

Joeku

With the end of Game of the Year Yakuza 0 playthrough, i'm really hoping Beast comes up with something else, I need some content on GB besides the beastcast and listening to Blue Bombin'.

I wonder what they're cooking up that they mentioned at the end of friday's stream.

A full Nier Automata playthrough where Dan's on the sticks and Alex sits in. The former gets increasingly frustrated by the controls and anime-ness and Alex tries to capitulate while assuaging him at the same time.

Repeal my Sunshine, a feature where they play games where you're a doctor: Trauma Team, Dr. Mario, etc., and gamble on surgeries or rounds of gameplay.

Re-view, where Abby sits down with Dan or Alex and plays a mystery game(s) they formerly reviewed and sees how much they can remember about it, and then at the end quizzes them on what they scored it originally.

Or maybe the Shenmue 2 endurance run. Though fall game season starts in a month; they'd have started that now if it was happening.
It's never happening, hosers.

Edit: If there's one thing I'll give Bioshock Infinite credit for, it's for teaching me what a menarche was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom