• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have completely blanked the beach from my memory because I remembered now of this lol. Then again I probably spent the most time in the 2 games upgrading and playing gummi ship missions lol

It was alright, I think some are exaggerating.

but a Death Metalist "alright" is like an IGN 7/10

🤔

Did they make the first episode free to gauge interest on YouTube?

I think they just recorded a video in the vein of the Old Games Show or Encyclopedia Bombastica under the pretense of the first episode of a full playthrough as a "joke"

that or they used this to see if a Kingdom Hearts playthrough would be something they themselves would want to do and the answer ended up being a resounding "no"

I should want to be wrong, but I don't know that I do

BearPawB

Banned
that or they used this to see if a Kingdom Hearts playthrough would be something they themselves would want to do and the answer ended up being a resounding "no"

I should want to be wrong, but I don't know that I do

I think they film stuff frequently that they don’t release. vinny has said as much.

I think if after 30’minutes they said “nah” then they would have never released this episode.

but a Death Metalist "alright" is like an IGN 7/10

Not my problem that I keep my expectations in check. Then again, I've played KH and maybe most here haven't so I knew EXACTLY how the beginning was going to be. I had more fun watching them talk about KH bullshit and Disney stuff than watching the game. I'm looking forward to when they leave the island and get deeper into the game.

oti

Banned
KH starts once they hop from world to world. Tarzan, Hercules (kinda), Alice, Arielle etc. That's where the fun begins.

justjim89

Is it possible to skip the dumb talk show every time I boot up Splatoon? That shit was cute the first time but now it just makes me wanna not play the game.

that might actually be one of the reasons i stopped playing 2 (other was real life stuff)

KH2 is the better game overall though. The story starts kind of reasonable in the first game compared to all the others but then it turns batshit insane and goes off the deep end, never to come back from it. I still haven't met anyone that played those games for the story.

The frustrating thing is that a baseline for a serviceable story was there already. Like it was all simple light/dark heart getting corrupted shit but no they had to bring in nobodies, organisation XIII and a bunch of other BS that just ruined any semblance of a story that makes a lick of sense.

Brad is a random pick for the Kingdom Hearts feature.

I am happy he is finally doing something again but I always expected the inevitable KH feature to be a East Coast thing.

KH2 is the better game overall though. The story starts kind of reasonable in the first game compared to all the others but then it turns batshit insane and goes off the deep end, never to come back from it. I still haven't met anyone that played those games for the story.

The frustrating thing is that a baseline for a serviceable story was there already. Like it was all simple light/dark heart getting corrupted shit but no they had to bring in nobodies, organisation XIII and a bunch of other BS that just ruined any semblance of a story that makes a lick of sense.

Yea i thought the camera and controls were better given the little i played but it was another slow burn start which sadly has ended up on the back burner due to other commitments over the years.

Agreed on the story as well but i feel the series had gained this other reputation due to how fucking batshit insane it went with the story. Its like hey "its that game, i need to just follow this trainwreck"

Still i need to buy those KH games on PS4 :D

fleck0

KH is like seeing an old friend, the first Disney world after the town will make the island seem like a treat. Can't wait for the all Pooh episode(s)

oti

Banned
Just stop the feature if they're just going to hate-play the entire run. I don't know why they do this.

No. Let them get through the beginning at least. This is great because it's something especially Brad would never engage with outside of this feature. Otherwise GB will just be the same couple of games all the time.

- J - D -

I wouldn't say they are hating it. It's definitely not like Alex and Sunshine.

At least with Sunshine there's a balance between Vinny, Alex, Dan, and Abby. That's 4 people who all approach that game differently.

Ben and Brad aren't really altogether dissimilar in terms of demeanor while playing KH.

No. Let them get through the beginning at least. This is great because it's something especially Brad would never engage with outside of this feature. Otherwise GB will just be the same couple of games all the time.

Well, not just a couple of games all the time. At least like, 4.

Brad is a random pick for the Kingdom Hearts feature.

I am happy he is finally doing something again but I always expected the inevitable KH feature to be a East Coast thing.
I feel like East are more comfortable in playing games and have fun with it, while West tend to have this werid hate and doesn't really care for the games they play most of the time.

kingocfs

I think it would be pretty cool to have Ben play through everything but have a rotating guest chair to check in with him every episode.

Curufinwe

Brad loved it when Donald showed up. Once they get off the island things will pick up.

Brad got The DOTA back on the schedule though. Brad wins again!

The slow descent into madness of KH always intrigued me from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom