• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an amazing .gif. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think anyone does. We need a new hire for that.

KH is such a weird series. I hear a lot of hate towards it from critics and such.. but the fans love it. I played it, lots of Disney, and I can't remember a thing. It's been 15 years.

drabnon

I love Kingdom Hearts (and obviously TWEWY from my avatar) but I've gotten progressively more sick of Tetsuya Nomura over the years. I'm just kind of bored of it at this point, and he's become almost a parody of himself. The "add zippers and belts to everything" shit is played out.

I went back and looked at his designs for Final Fantasy 7, and that stuff holds up. I get that he has an aesthetic preference but he leans way too hard into it. Anyway regardless of that, Kingdom Hearts is a great series and no amount of sarcastic comments will make me think otherwise.

I'm gonna admit something here:
I still really really like playing KH2, especially the Final Mix and especially on Critical Mode.
It's tough and exciting in a way that I really love.

Completely agreed, the data and optional fights on critical were harder and more satisfying than any souls boss. Combat is great in the series, makes it a lot of fun.

AYY DID ANYBODY MISS YA BOY BLITZ?

WELL STAY TUNED, I'M ABOUT TO RANK ALL THE GAMES I'VE PLAYED SO FAR THIS YEAR (in categories) AS WE GET READY FOR AUGUST.

IT'S COMING AT YOU IN JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST A FEW MINS OR SO.

AYY DID ANYBODY MISS YA BOY BLITZ?

WELL STAY TUNED, I'M ABOUT TO RANK ALL THE GAMES I'VE PLAYED SO FAR THIS YEAR (in categories) AS WE GET READY FOR AUGUST.

IT'S COMING AT YOU IN JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST A FEW MINS OR SO.

image.php

Just noticed the Kingdom Hearts thing is also not premium.

Thats nice.

Also I forgot the game had "classes" or whatever that choice was at the beginning with the sword, shield and wand. How badly did they mess up by not picking sword?

Just noticed the Kingdom Hearts thing is also not premium.

Thats nice.

Also I forgot the game had "classes" or whatever that choice was at the beginning with the sword, shield and wand. How badly did they mess up by not picking sword?

They threw away the shield and picked away the sword right?
Well that means that theyll only have..what was it..one item slot? For a very long time, since shield determines how many item slots they get. Staff is fine because that determines how much MP they get as well as ability slots, but sword is shitty. All it does is give you a few attack abilities earlier than if not gotten.

Basically it wont be easy.

Lol, what a weird tweet. How can you call the KH video negative? They are playing a terribly boring opening to a game that holds up as well as a wooden shack in a hurricane.

I found the first episode to be very fun and a good look into what that era of games were sometimes like.

Without further ado, Blitzrules240 2017 game ranks so far. This is gonna be pretty vanilla but just go with me here.

Best 2016 game I played in 2017

4. Divekick: DEATH FROM ABOVE!
3. Baseball Riot: Physics based game where you hit a baseball into enemies
2. Watch Dogs 2: A more fun and asinine take on Watch Dogs with more millennials
1. HITMAN: My 2016 GOTY still pumped out DLC and Elusive targets, still the best

Best PSN game (non AAA)
4. Late Shift: Solid FMV but has to take 4th regardless
3. DANGER ZONE: Crash mode physics simulator,
2. Serial Cleaner: Bastard of a fun stealth game, incredibly frustrating at times
1. NBA Playgrounds: As a lover of NBA Street/Arcade sports, this game takes the cake

GAME OF THE YEAR (in the mind of Blitz aka The Black Sheep)

7. Flatout 4: A game I had to buy off Amazon because I couldn't find a damn digital copy, Flatout 4 is mediocre at best. Very limited in tracks and honestly, fun factor. I regret spending $40 on this.

6. MLB The Show 17: It's the Show baby! The best baseball game in town, sadly I redboxed this sucker and called it after that. Still better than Flatout 4 though.

5. Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy: A remaster? Blitz pls. Getting three games for the price of $40 is fantastic as is but making it a challenging and more fun game on top of it? Top 5.

4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands: Shitballs, how do I get into cover, Jeff? Yes, Wildlands was pretty cut and dry but you know what, I'm a simple man. This variation in the map were so lush and massive, I cut it some slack. I was even to the hokey story and over the top villains. Fuck, I even cleared out the entire map of collectibles.

3. Yooka-Laylee (Platinum club member): Inb4 I get tomatoes thrown at me but Playtonic's not Banjo platformer brought me good feels and felt like an adolescent again. The puzzles and locations were fun and I honestly enjoyed myself. I would totally play a sequel. Fuck Capital B tho.

2. The Surge: PLAY THE FUCKING SURGE, IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD. Dark Soul lite (Dark Souls zero sugar?), The Surge was night and day from Lords of the Fallen. Sure, you play some schmuck who gets a case of the Mondays but HOLY FUCK, the combat, the armor, the story, and atmosphere are so enjoyable for this sci-fi nerd. I FUCKING LOVE THE SURGE AND I CAN'T DENY IT...However.

1. Yakuza 0: WHO'S GONNA DETHRONE THE CURRENT CHAMP? WHO? First, some love to the beautiful Mary Kish who had she not played this on UPF, I might have completely passed by this game but my God, what a game. Kiryu and Majima were both fantastic to play as. I loved the combat, the substories, the activities, the story was bloody brilliant also. And the Cabaret Club, that music. That sweet sweet music. I could ramble on and on about everything I loved about Yakuza 0 but if you've followed me in this OT, you know I'm fanboying so hard.

Sooo WHO COULD DETRONE KIRYU AND MAJIMA?

MOST ANTICIPATED REMAINING 2017

Agent of Mayhem: Sorry Pizzacat, I'm all in. Sure, it's single player but I like the diversity of characters and I love a dumb fun game, which I think this will be. I'm worried about my old soul finding the humor tryhard but oh well, they can't all be winners.

Madden 18: TOM BRADY IS THE GOAT (I'm a Peyton guy though) but yeah, I've skipped Madden a few years and I'm in for this one. I think I'll probably try to get the most out of my purchase and get hooked to that damn MUT game.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: Honestly, probably going to wait for this one with the surplus of games I'm getting in August but a stand alone Uncharted with Nadine and Chloe just sounds like a good time.

Yakuza: Kiwami: So I'm not gonna say any spoilers but I gotta see how that shit went down and the whole Majima everywhere system...is it gonna be better than Zero tho, that's up to me to decide.

Knack 2: KNACK 2 BABY...I can't do this seriously. Sorry Mark Cerny but NAH.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider: I was somewhat disappointed with Dishonored 2 but I'm gonna probably get this too but not anytime soon.

Assassin's Creed: Origins: Same day as the next game on this list so no chance in hell I'm buying it but I am going to ask for it for Christmas.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus: B.J BLAZKOWICZ IS BACK IN THE SEQUEL TO WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2014's GOTY and I AM READY TO KILL SOME FUCKING NAZIS. PUT IT IN MY VEINS MACHINEGAMES (this is by far my most anticipated)

Need for Speed: Payback: I bought Need for Speed: Rivals as my first ever PS4 game and well Payback looks fucking sweet. Get some Fast and Furious feels and thanks to Alex Navarro and Film & 40's, I'M ALL IN.

Well if you took the time to read this, thanks and I love you too, GBGaf.

Remember when Alex LP'd a bunch of Mega Man games this year because he hates them.

Or how they absolutely hated Yakuza during that LP.

Oh wait that didn't happen and dude is just cherrypicking specific things to fit a narrative.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Remember when Alex LP'd a bunch of Mega Man games this year because he hates them.

Or how they absolutely hated Yakuza during that LP.

Oh wait that didn't happen and dude is just cherrypicking specific things to fit a narrative.

Half true in the cases you listed.

drabnon

I dunno, I didn't get a negative vibe from that video at all. The end was a bit strange and seemed to be teasing somehow, but they seemed to enjoy the first part of KH. It is a bit of a slow start (although that start in KH2, holy shit).

Madden 18: TOM BRADY IS THE GOAT (I'm a Peyton guy though) but yeah, I've skipped Madden a few years and I'm in for this one. I think I'll probably try to get the most out of my purchase and get hooked to that damn MUT game.

GOAAAAAT

imma play madden in 4k

madden going to have a better story than that weaboo nier lolol

ryseing

They threw away the shield and picked away the sword right?
Well that means that theyll only have..what was it..one item slot? For a very long time, since shield determines how many item slots they get. Staff is fine because that determines how much MP they get as well as ability slots, but sword is shitty. All it does is give you a few attack abilities earlier than if not gotten.

Basically it wont be easy.

Picked wand, threw away shield. Also did the hardest leveling path.

Which one of you is the new editor of Game Informer?

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/891728440365244416

Jesus. That's unprofessional as hell. I quite enjoyed the video.

So I was trying to preorder some games and my damn credit card company calls and they're like "Is Giant Bomb in San Francisco sound familiar to you? " lol.

They put my card on security hold because I had done a lot of transactions recently...

I'm the worst.

Edit: It didn't help I got fast food for lunch and dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom