• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camping doesnt really work in pubg

If you camp and the circle contracts, thrn youre running like a headless chicken. If you land in the middle and try to camp, chances are you havent really geared up, and the second you fire everyone will hone in on your position.

The thing thatll win you a game is awareness. Whenever I die, I blame it on my own hubris for not being more aware.

zzaYlQj.png

I guess you could say that they were both jacking it

I think I like the Mad Max game more than Horizon. The driving is really fun, so it avoids the major issue of the Ubisoft-style open world games: dull world navigation. And I'm pretty sure I said something like "witness meh!" when the mediocre reviews came in, but I'm enjoying it so far despite the repetitiveness. Mad Max is just a cool setting for this kind of game. It's certainly a better fit than Lord of the Rings.

But I kind of wish it broke continuity and included the crazy enemies from Fury Road. I want to fight the Bullet Farmer :(

Rulbt7t.gif

Super Panga World speedrun on now. SMW rom hack.
I think I like the Mad Max game more than Horizon. The driving is really fun, so it avoids the major issue of the Ubisoft-style open world games: dull world navigation. And I'm pretty sure I said something like "witness meh!" when the mediocre reviews came in, but I'm enjoying it so far despite the repetitiveness. Mad Max is just a cool setting for this kind of game. It's certainly a better fit than Lord of the Rings.

But I kind of wish it broke continuity and included the crazy enemies from Fury Road. I want to fight the Bullet Farmer :(

Mad Max was a ton of fun. It's a shame that when the game gets really good(after you unlock most stuff) it ends.

Yess! Mad Max is great! I'm actually writing a script for a sort of web series I'm doing and the first video will be titled along the lines of: Middling Video Games (and how they are sometimes my favorite games)

It's going to go in depth about why games like Mad Max, Mafia III and more so good to me.

Mr. F

Banned
Who didn't forget Prey?

#MaryWasRight #PUBGbad

GIFs make it seem better than it is.
(I hope it comes to consoles sooner rather than later.)

I'll still play it at some point I'm sure but pubg is getting to Doom levels of 'I could go without it ever being talked about again like yesterday'

derFeef

I'll still play it at some point I'm sure but pubg is getting to Doom levels of 'I could go without it ever being talked about again like yesterday'

Red Dead was way worse in that regard.
God I wanted them to stop talking about that overrated game so much.

Mad Max was a ton of fun. It's a shame that when the game gets really good(after you unlock most stuff) it ends.

Yess! Mad Max is great! I'm actually writing a script for a sort of web series I'm doing and the first video will be titled along the lines of: Middling Video Games (and how they are sometimes my favorite games)

It's going to go in depth about why games like Mad Max, Mafia III and more so good to me.

So I've basically maxed out the first warlord's territory, and I'm going to assume I need to do the exact same stuff for the other two. I can see where the negativity comes from, if that's the case. I think this could have been a fantastic game if it had a smaller world and some other tweaks. Of course, unlike someone who paid full price, I have the luxury of stopping when I get bored and not being too upset.

UPF proved that Sonic Adventure holds up at least. Blessed are we.

Holds up with a bunch of scotch tape and "do not enter signs", yeah :p

Also, I've deducted that Jeff turned off anonymous posts on his .zone when someone bad mouthed Burnout Paradise. He is def in the right; smart man.

Brad if you're reading this, I miss the elusive target attempts...

I shed a tear when you got got Busey.

Pls come back to Hitman, Brad 😢

Strax

Further, it fosters that negative vibe and bad reputation this thread gets.

Frankly the most negativity I see in the GB threads are people reaching to the moon in the search of negativity. Sure, Saty posts had 2-3 harsh comments but reading this thread you might think he'd literally set Ben on fire.

justjim89

To be honest, I think there's ample room for criticism of a product that we are paying for. Even if part of that product is a staff member of the site. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Ben. Not really entertained by his voice, his on-camera presence, or what he seems to have brought to the table so far. He brings a lot more fighting game and DOTA talk to the table, which is a huge detriment to my enjoyment of recent Bombcasts. I don't think it makes me a jerk to put forth these criticisms. I'm not saying he's bad at his job, I'm not saying he's lazy, and I'm not saying he's a bad person. But since he's joined GBWest my overall level of entertainment from and satisfaction with that studio has gone down dramatically. And I think as a business that charges money to provide entertainment, they ought to hear that kind of criticisms from dissatisfied subscribers.

Robaperas

I can't believe this thread turned into this after Margaret and Jeremiah first appearance. Criticism isn't inherently wrong of course, but there's no need to be an asshole about it.

To be honest, I think there's ample room for criticism of a product that we are paying for. Even if part of that product is a staff member of the site. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Ben. Not really entertained by his voice, his on-camera presence, or what he seems to have brought to the table so far. He brings a lot more fighting game and DOTA talk to the table, which is a huge detriment to my enjoyment of recent Bombcasts. I don't think it makes me a jerk to put forth these criticisms. I'm not saying he's bad at his job, I'm not saying he's lazy, and I'm not saying he's a bad person. But since he's joined GBWest my overall level of entertainment from and satisfaction with that studio has gone down dramatically. And I think as a business that charges money to provide entertainment, they ought to hear that kind of criticisms from dissatisfied subscribers.

But you see, from reading this post it just seems to me that you want Ben removed. I mean it's either that or what else would you prefer? I really want to know how this could be fixed for you. Like what should be done for it to be fixed unless Ben changes himself completely.

e: I should clarify that this type of criticism can't be changed or fixed for you so if you kept saying it over and over again then it'll just make you look like an ass? Not that I'm saying you are but I'm just speaking in general.

But you see, from reading this post it just seems to me that you want Ben removed. I mean it's either that or what else would you prefer? I really want to know how this could be fixed for you. Like what should be done for it to be fixed unless Ben changes himself completely.

Just spitballing but maybe think of a feature or show that plays to Ben's strengths rather than shoehorning him into old content or something. Just because UPF and QLs have existed for years doesn't mean they can't use Ben in a different way.

I dunno, I'm not a Ben hater but also think he isn't being used great right now. I don't think he fits UPF great. Neither does Brad. Peak UPF for me post-Ryan was Drew and Dan and Jeff on together, they have the energy and chit chat for it.

Maybe Ben and Brad could do a show, they have good chemistry.

Just spitballing but maybe think of a feature or show that plays to Ben's strengths rather than shoehorning him into old content or something. Just because UPF and QLs have existed for years doesn't mean they can't use Ben in a different way.

I dunno, I'm not a Ben hater but also think he isn't being used great right now. I don't think he fits UPF great. Neither does Brad. Peak UPF for me post-Ryan was Drew and Dan and Jeff on together, they have the energy and chit chat for it.

I hear you. Who knows what they have planned, I'd rather wait and see. West loves surprises.
Ben and Jeff have the best chemistry. It's why I love UPF and the Bombcast.

He plays off Jeff well, especially on the Bombcast I feel.

justjim89

e: I should clarify that this type of criticism can't be changed or fixed for you so if you kept saying it over and over again then it'll just make you look like an ass? Not that I'm saying you are but I'm just speaking in general.

I honestly wouldn't mind it as a consumer of site content, but in a greater context I understand why that wouldn't and probably shouldn't happen. As far as fixing it for me, I'm not sure what would. Maybe a bit more energy from Ben? He always seems so lethargic on-camera, and perhaps it'll just take him time to find his sweet spot so to speak. Obviously GB trades in authenticity and being genuine, so if that's how he is then that's how he is. But even if there's no easy fix for the criticisms leveled against Ben, that doesn't invalidate those criticisms or make them pointless.

At a certain point, if a large enough segment of your audience is displeased with a recent addition to the product they've been paying for, maybe the answer isn't to just dig your heels in and sweep them all under the rug of assholes and haters.

Honestly, if I could pay a reduced premium price for just GBEast content and not receive GBWest's offerings, I'd do it. And I bet I'm not the only one.

The Bombcast is still good IMO.

I would love to know what Ben would really want to do if he had to option to do any show he wanted. Abby is right btw, My First E3 was really funny and that was all Ben.

And peak UPF for me was Vinny, Jeff, Brad and Drew. IMO its never been as good as it was then, but I'm not going to complain about it on a weekly basis. If people stop watching it, they will have to change, but as long as its still the most watched thing people need to realize that they are in the minority here and are coming off like a broken record.

When I get tired of something, I just stop watching it. If you are at this point maybe its time to cancel your subscription if you're not getting what you want from the site anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom