• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

I love all GB staff members personally.
I personally think GBWest could be better.

GBEast is full of energy and putting out great content.
GBWest is going through the motions and being boring.

UPF is bad premium content.

oti

Banned
hey guys what do you all think about attack on titans

I love the setting and the first few episodes. It does go downhill once it goes super anime.

In other news: I finally watched the first episodes of One Punch Man. That art style is WILD. I like the ironic moments. But eh, dunno.

LegoArmo

I love all GB staff members personally.
I personally think GBWest could be better.

GBEast is full of energy and putting out great content.
GBWest is going through the motions and being boring.

UPF is bad premium content.

West definitely has a problem, but Ben has been a great hire, I genuinely hope peoples comments haven't upset him.

oti

Banned
I love it but many people hate it just like how I love Death Note but many people hate it. I love Berserk as well and thankfully barely anyone hates it so I guess that's good.

I actually read that manga after a friend forced me to do it. The premise is INCREDIBLE. But again, at some points it gets too anime. And those stupid twins, man. Screw them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've called that guy out multiple times man, what I'm saying is people pretend they only hate the shitposting, because it's an easy target and of course everyone hates it, but the truth is the people railing it against it most are being disingenuous because actually they hate any criticism of GB, which is an absurd position to take.

So, what are you saying then?
I can't speak for anybody else and I'm not responsible for anybody else here.
If you think I only don't like people shitting on GB members personally because secretly I can't stand anybody criticize my dear old GB, then well, what am I even supposed to do? Like, people here criticize GB (GBWest in particular) all the time, I really don't know where this idea of "nobody is allowed to criticize my very close GB pals" even comes from.

mintyice

West definitely has a problem, but Ben has been a great hire, I genuinely hope peoples comments haven't upset him.

They'll all just take it as a personal attack rather than real criticism unfortunately. The numbers keep going up. West has no reason to step it up.

Tubobutts

I love the setting and the first few episodes. It does go downhill once it goes super anime.

In other news: I finally watched the first episodes of One Punch Man. That art style is WILD. I like the ironic moments. But eh, dunno.
For a person who hates anime you sure do like anime.

yami4ct

Attack on Titan is a great premise but the manga is bad from the word go and only gets worse as it goes. The author has no sense of pacing or proper plotting.

oti

Banned
For a person who hates anime you sure do like anime.

I've only watched those two animés I swear. I got these two recommended after saying I don't like anime.

It's actually the truth.

Edit no wait. I've also watched a couple of episodes of that table tennis anime. Was also a recommendation. The animation in that is astonishing. But the story didn't grab me at all.

Fantastapotamus

I have seen maybe three episodes of Attack on Titan and while I thought it was neat I don't really feel the need to see any more of it.

I've only watched those two animés I swear. I got these two recommended after saying I don't like anime.

It's actually the truth.

I don't like Anime that much but I watched a whole lot of anime after school when RTL II played it the whole day. Nothing really stuck out except that one show about some kid detective who's actually a grown man but magic happend and now he uses infinite magic soccer balls to hit people and solve crimes. Because I thought it was the dumbest shit I've ever seen. But I still watched it.

Scizzy

They should do a humble bundle style slider so you can pick who your subscription money goes too:

Jeff: $0 - too jaded
Vinny $0 - too goofy
Brad $0 - racist against driving games
Alex $0 - too cynical
Jason $0 - too much God Eater talk
Dan $0 - don't want my money to support WWE
Abby $0 - didn't care for her Welsh accent
Rorie $50 - FOR THE PUPPIES

yami4ct

The kids these days really love attack on titans. It's THE HOTTEST THING in anime right now, right?
It's still shockingly huge in the west, but it sure seems to be fading here and it lost a large chunk of its audience in Japan as well.

My Hero Academia is the real hot shit right now, and it helps that it's actually good

oti

Banned
I have seen maybe three episodes of Attack on Titan and while I thought it was neat I don't really feel the need to see any more of it.

I don't like Anime that much but I watched a whole lot of anime after school when RTL II played it the whole day. Nothing really stuck out except that one show about some kid detective who's actually a grown man but magic happend and now he uses infinite magic soccer balls to hit people and solve crimes. Because I thought it was the dumbest shit I've ever seen. But I still watched it.

As a kid? Totally. Pokémon and Digimon were my jam. The show you're talking about was Detective Conan which was cool but I lost interest once I realised that show would never end and that the murder mysteries were all bad. You couldn't really guess the murder by yourself. There was always some nonsense explanation.

- J - D -

It's still shockingly huge in the west, but it sure seems to be fading here and it lost a large chunk of its audience in Japan as well.

My Hero Academia is the real hot shit right now, and it helps that it's actually good

I have seen that My Hero Academia show. It's like X-Men if X-Men was fun (the movies, not the comics I have no idea about the comics).

I watch it in English where all the kids sound like they're in their late 30s.

That playdate was terrible and rorie is a loud drunk so ima pass

Well you're wrong on the first point, but not wrong on your second point.

Fantastapotamus

As a kid? Totally. Pokémon and Digimon were my jam. The show you're talking about was Detective Conan which was cool but I lost interest once I realised that show would never end and that the murder mysteries were all bad. You couldn't really guess the murder by yourself. There was always some nonsense explanation.

That's why Columbo is still the best crime show ever made. Maybe rivaled by fine German productions like K11, Cobra 11 and the 8.459.235 other crime shows on RTL and Sat 1.

All that CSI shit is basically "screwing around for 30 minutes and then we find some DNA"
At least what I watched.

TraBuch

Banned
The thing about My Hero Academia is that the OT title said something about a competent shonen protagonist and then I watched like five episodes and literally all the dude did was cry and take everybody's shit so I left.

oti

Banned
That's why Columbo is still the best crime show ever made. Maybe rivaled by fine German productions like K11, Cobra 11 and the 8.459.235 other crime shows on RTL and Sat 1.

All that CSI shit is basically "screwing around for 30 minutes and then we find some DNA"
At least what I watched.

Maybe I should watch Columbo then. 🤔

honestly people here talk about how cool it is to work at giant bomb but it must fucking suck to come here and see weirdly personal attacks on you.

Jintor

The thing about My Hero Academia is that the OT title said something about a competent shonen protagonist and then I watched like five episodes and literally all the dude did was cry and take everybody's shit so I left.

Dude gets better but the pacing in the first season isn't red hot

I always advocate dropping things if you don't immediately enjoy them though rather than waiting for them to get good

Catvoca

Banned
Alright after getting the ropecaster in Horizon the combat has gotten better.
Fighting humans still sucks

The human fights suck for the entirety of the game, but I ended up liking the robot fights more and more as the game gives you additional tools to experiment with.

Best content of the year? (I hate calling it content...)

Anyways...

It's this:
2945032-abbyben2.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
honestly people here talk about how cool it is to work at giant bomb but it must fucking suck to come here and see weirdly personal attacks on you.
You out yourself in front of a camera that's gonna happen anywhere

Like YouTubers get it way worse on here and a lot of them are kids

Hasney

Alright after getting the ropecaster in Horizon the combat has gotten better.
Fighting humans still sucks

Reading this might motivate me to give it another shot. Part of me thinks I'll just throw it down on easy and just take in the story though. I just really didn't enjoy the combat at all.

Red UFO

Really bothers me that we just accept it as the way it's gonna be.

Be the change you want to see, dont just go along with bullshit.

Oh man

I don't know if you saw the thread on Sky wanting to do more mature stuff and not do minecraft stuff, and there were livid people about that. "POOR YOUTUBBER, MAKING MILLIONS"

TraBuch

Banned
Oh man

I don't know if you saw the thread on Sky wanting to do more mature stuff and not do minecraft stuff, and there were livid people about that. "POOR YOUTUBBER, MAKING MILLIONS"
Well yeah, but he was obviously racist and a nazi and probably wanted to do edgy stuff like beat animals.

God forbid someone not wanting to make content for kids his entire life.

That's why Columbo is still the best crime show ever made.

My man. That & the very short lived Police Squad.

SjdpEol.gif

That playdate was terrible and rorie is a loud drunk so ima pass

I really loved it. Drunk Vinny and Fish are the best.
I found it to be too random at first but a few episodes in, the pace and tone made sense. In the end I felt that it worked. It isn't the second coming like people made it out to be but I enjoyed it.
Be the change you want to see, dont just go along with bullshit.
Yes.
Best content of the year? (I hate calling it content...)

Anyways...

It's this:
2945032-abbyben2.jpg
Hell yes.

Hindl

The human fights suck for the entirety of the game, but I ended up liking the robot fights more and more as the game gives you additional tools to experiment with.
Yeah I can totally see that being the case
Reading this might motivate me to give it another shot. Part of me thinks I'll just throw it down on easy and just take in the story though. I just really didn't enjoy the combat at all.
I do get frustrated at it pretty frequently, but as you get more weapons it turns into an MGS V/Far Cry sandbox to fuck around in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom