• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

At the end of they day, they should continue to play kh if they are genuinely into it.

Please don't play it just to make fun of it the whole time but hate playing it.
If they like the game though, then yeah, the jokes can be ok.

cordy

Banned
what's the best comedy of all time then

ComingtoAmerica1988MoviePoster.jpg

hamchan

If it's one thing I wish Ben didn't latch on to starting at GBWest, it's the attitude of going into a game, sighing, and just expecting the worst from it.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles or Groundhog Day is my favourite comedy but I think Monty Python's Life Of Brian or This Is Spinal Tap makes me laugh most.

this is exactly why I asked if "best comedy" and "funniest comedy" are the same thing

To me I would put them in separate categories, movies like Tommy Boy, Scrooged, Dumb and Dumber are hilarious, but I think overall there are better comedy movies.

Also, to amend my above post, I might have to switch out Airplane for The Jerk.

A film like Hot Fuzz doesn't make me laugh hard but it does put a smile on my face pretty much the whole way through.

I tend to laugh harder at films with more obvious jokes and set-ups the whole way through in the style of Airplane, Wayne's World or Monty Python.

I'd consider Blazing Saddles to be the best comedy movie because it's such an amazing satire for the time of it's release. Though it's nowhere near as funny to me as something like Black Dynamite.

Blazing Saddles is a good one

Movies with heat related titles are the best ones, that's my hot take.

Hrm... Shaun of the Dead is probably the funniest movie I've ever seen. (I don't watch pure comedies or romcoms though, so it's probably biasing me a bit. Also don't watch a lot of movies in general.) The other two Blood & Ice Cream movies are good, but can't match the scene-to-scene perfection that is Shaun.

Now I need to rewatch Shaun of the Dead.

I know it gets shit and it has been destroyed by overquoting and memes but the first time I saw Superbad I haven't laughed as hard at a film as much as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom