• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to do that, but once it's down to less than 20 people my best strat is to bunker in a bathroom.

That's your biggest mistake. Never camp in houses. You're a sitting duck as soon as the circle gets small and anyone leaving a building is an easy target.

Always stay near the outside of the circle, in a tree line or by rocks, and try to stay between the blue and white circles. Monitor behind you for anyone entering from the blue, and then once you're confident nobody is going to get you from behind, use the cover to scan the playing field ahead of you. Always have your next spot ready to run to when the blue starts moving.

Buildings should be used for loot only.

One of the nice PUBG strategies is to land in one of the hot zones so you get a feel for the action.

It's easy enough to survive by, say, getting a vehicle and driving around to run out the clock. If you don't know how to handle yourself when things get messy, you'll end up dying when the circle gets too condensed.

drabnon

Damn, at one point WoW was basically the biggest thing ever in gaming. Just then when you said that, I actually thought to myself, "That's still a thing?".

Seems like it would be a good podcast game, though. And actually isn't Football Manager a somewhat popular series?

Lunar FC

One of the nice PUBG strategies is to land in one of the hot zones so you get a feel for the action.

It's easy enough to survive by, say, getting a vehicle and driving around to run out the clock. If you don't know how to handle yourself when things get messy, you'll end up dying when the circle gets too condensed.

I've focused more on being spicey lately, but I just feel like I keep getting stuck in no mans land when the circle starts getting small and im just trying to get inside it.

Joeku

I'm only a couple hours in, and he mentioned that your squad
aren't the original Night wings
or something of that sort. So id consider that a spoiler imo.

For what it's worth I feel like even really early on the flavour text suggests that.

roytheone

I'm only a couple hours in, and he mentioned that your squad
aren't the original Night wings
or something of that sort. So id consider that a spoiler imo.

I try to do that, but once it's down to less than 20 people my best strat is to bunker in a bathroom.

That was actually spoiled in the quick look already.
When they go into multi-player the team select has both a night wings and classic nightwings option.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like honestly i listen to so many podcasts at work that i don't really have a podcast game. :p

Splatoon 2 is now my "watch Giantbomb vid" game though.

Blue Bombin's gravity 'discussion' is quite something. At a certain point, the mask becomes the person.

Edit: Now I'm getting caught up in Game of Thrones. This Blue Bombin' has everything.

image.jpg

Strax

Seems like it would be a good podcast game, though. And actually isn't Football Manager a somewhat popular series?

The last 3 games have all sold a little over 1 millions copies in year. After some googling 1 million seems to be the avg for all the games, dating back to 1999 when it was called Championship Manager, with the best selling game being Football Manager 2012 with 1.6 million copies sold.

This is kinda blowing my mind because sooooo many kids I knew played those games and was without a doubt the most popular games from 1996 to 2000.

Antiwhippy

The last 3 games have all sold a little over 1 millions copies in year. After some googling 1 million seems to be the avg for all the games, dating back to 1999 when it was called Championship Manager, with the best selling game being Football Manager 2012 with 1.6 million copies sold.

This is kinda blowing my mind because sooooo many kids I knew played those games and was without a doubt the most popular games from 1996 to 2000.

That's because it is also one of the most pirated series.

I've focused more on being spicey lately, but I just feel like I keep getting stuck in no mans land when the circle starts getting small and im just trying to get inside it.

Hang back but not too far back. You want to be able to push into white at the last moment easily.

Strax

Since we talking parody films I've always liked Hot Shots part deux the most, over Airplane and Naked Gun.

edit.

This was a top 20, in no particular order, I made in 2014 of my fav. comedies

Airplane
Hot Shots 2
Simpsons Movie
Life
Home Alone 2
Hot Fuzz
Up
Down Periscope
Blue Streak
Three Amigos
Sgt. Bilko
Space Jam
Men In Black
Aladdin
Hercules
Dr Strangelove
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Dogma
Ghost Busters
Scott Pilgrim vs the World

That's because it is also one of the most pirated series.

yeah, true. I even had like two of them pirated which my mom co-workers gave to me.

convo

This gravity discussion *facepalm*

Them literally discovering that math is a thing people can spend their free time on, is about as dumb as anything Dan can hallucinate up about science. The entire crew has long matched Dan's ineptitude about science, it's just has nothing to do with their livelihood.

Do you guys have any go-to podcast games? Recently I've been grinding through Xenoblade Chronicles X while re-listening to the GoTY Bombcasts

The Crew, been picking away at this game for a while (because there might simply be too much for any normal human to do in this game), but great for throwing on podcasts and driving around.

Right now, Warframe is doing podcast duty. Most missions are mindless enough to focus on a podcast instead of the game, mostly for stuff you're overlevelled for. There's always something on the horizon in it, which has let me cut my podcast backlog down to almost nothing.

And Warframe? It's better than ever. I can hardly wait for that open world update. It's such a weird, cool game.

Re-downloaded this over the weekend, fired it up and immediately got so confused and lost without having a clue what to do. Is there any sort of refresher to re-introduce what has been added/updated? I put about 40 hours in around the PS4 launch and maybe jumped back in once or twice for a few hours since then.

Antiwhippy

Problem Ruthy note is that my main game is dj max and that's like, a game where you cannot have a lapse in conventration.

Re-downloaded this over the weekend, fired it up and immediately got so confused and lost without having a clue what to do. Is there any sort of refresher to re-introduce what has been added/updated? I put about 40 hours in around the PS4 launch and maybe jumped back in once or twice for a few hours since then.

Warframe's really bad at explaining itself, unfortunately. The codex (near where you start on your ship) has a tutorial section worth reading, which will explain the basic controls and concepts. For everything else, use the wiki. I've sunk almost 200 hours into Warframe and I'm still looking things up daily.

There's also the PC or PS4 OTs, which have a nice community and are a big help for broader questions or chat.

In general, you'll want to Always Be Levelling™ so you can improve your Mastery Rating, which will give you access to more stuff and improve your capacity for some things. Unlocking Junctions is a secondary goal early on. Alternately, you'll want to decide on specific loadouts and perfect them so you can tackle late/end-game content. Note that mods are more important than an item's level, and the drop rates/drop conditions on some of them are bananas, so you'll see wildly different levels of power from similar warframe set-ups.

Oh, and if you've ever considered buying platinum (the paid currency) note that there are occasional coupons you get via daily log-in bonuses that apply to them, so try holding off until they appear. I've seen -20%, -50%, and -75% off. Platinum adds a lot of cosmetic flair and some time savers, but the only essential thing it adds is warframe or weapon slots.
this blue bombing movie/bookcast is really great

Yeah! Blue Bombin is its own podcast video, and I love it.

Warframe's really bad at explaining itself, unfortunately. The codex (near where you start on your ship) has a tutorial section worth reading, which will explain the basic controls and concepts. For everything else, use the wiki. I've sunk almost 200 hours into Warframe and I'm still looking things up daily.

There's also the PC or PS4 OTs, which have a nice community and are a big help for broader questions or chat.

In general, you'll want to Always Be Levelling™ so you can improve your Mastery Rating, which will give you access to more stuff and improve your capacity for some things. Unlocking Junctions is a secondary goal early on. Alternately, you'll want to decide on specific loadouts and perfect them so you can tackle late/end-game content. Note that mods are more important than an item's level, and the drop rates/drop conditions on some of them are bananas, so you'll see wildly different levels of power from similar warframe set-ups.

Oh, and if you've ever considered buying platinum (the paid currency) note that there are occasional coupons you get via daily log-in bonuses that apply to them, so try holding off until they appear. I've seen -20%, -50%, and -75% off. Platinum adds a lot of cosmetic flair and some time savers, but the only essential thing it adds is warframe or weapon slots.
Thanks, I'm kinda getting this game ready to be my Destiny 2 backup once that well runs dry. Is it worth taking the time/grind to craft a new frame, or is that one of the things way better to just buy with Platinum?

Thanks, I'm kinda getting this game ready to be my Destiny 2 backup once that well runs dry. Is it worth taking the time/grind to craft a new frame, or is that one of the things way better to just buy with Platinum?

I'd say grinding for a warframe is preferable to buying them, mostly because the prices seem kinda high IMO. Like, most weapons and warframes in the game are craftable--the wiki will outline how--although some warframes have an outrageous timesink attached to acquiring them. Weapon and helmet cosmetic blueprints (and some rare mods) are also seen as rewards for (time-sensitive) alerts.

Personally, I just use platinum to buy some cosmetics for some warframes I really like, and leave other stuff as something to chase while playing.
I get that MP games need patches but Overwatch getting a over 20 gb patch is just too much

The Doomfist patch is 20GB?!

Gosh, I think I'll just fire up PUB instead...

Antiwhippy

Wait, getting to blue bombin' now and why were people treating video as proof that Dan actually reads a lot. He literally says the opposite.

Jintor

he says the opposite then lists a bunch of books he's read. admittedly they're mostly michael criton stuff but hey reading's reading and i can't say i always want to read big stuff

heck a lot of the vonnegut i haven't read yet. i'm just never in the mood to read classics really

hamchan

Wait, getting to blue bombin' now and why were people treating video as proof that Dan actually reads a lot. He literally says the opposite.

Yes, that's what people thought was funny. That he claims not to read a lot at the start of the vid and then has a long conversation about books he's read.

drabnon

The Crew, been picking away at this game for a while (because there might simply be too much for any normal human to do in this game), but great for throwing on podcasts and driving around.

That game kind of dropped off my radar after it released. I was surprised when they announced the sequel at E3.

How's the game? Is there still a community for it?

Antiwhippy

I like wind up bird chronicles, but I can understand why it would put off first time murakami reader

Kafka on the shore is probably still my favourite murakami book. Followed by norwegian wood.

Watching the last Steal My Sunshine since I ended up missing most of it but I think part of my dislike of SMS comes from how much I can't stand looking at the Delfino...people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom