• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddified

I'd rather all 3 or 4 of them to just do the KH playthrough. I just hope the "hook" they come up with is at least a bit interesting though.

oti

Banned
It suggests that it's a rotating chair which is great. I want the entire staff to experience KH as well.

I don't know about the rotating chair. Then you'd spend a lot of time explaining everything every single time.

But sure. Whether Jeff, Brad or rotating, I'm game.

Twist: Brad falls in love with KH, plays KH2, Jeff watching him.

Ben has gone mad with power
YQmhkuH.png

guys I'm worried the only thing on the schedule is ThursDota and I think dota has consumed the sight and what are they doing is there a dotacast tomorrow is that why jeff went on vacation

new feature vinny and abby play through all the resident evils

resident abby

I'm already watching Mary's playthrough of the entire series(she's going through RE6 now). Really enjoyed the entire journey so far but I sure as hell wouldn't mind going through it again with GB. Resident Evil, especially the first 3 games + REmake hold a special place in my heart.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah that's fair. It's just hard to tell with this thread sometimes. :p

Also murder island was pretty good today. Good spice throughout.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That Abby/Ben podcast is great, the two are a fun pairing :) Super glad they get to do more stuff together despite the usual east-west-divide.

That Abby/Ben podcast is great, the two are a fun pairing :) Super glad they get to do more stuff together despite the usual east-west-divide.

It reminded me a lot of the kind of riffing that Fist Shark Marketing gets into but it seemed a little more agile and less married to repeating jokes. Except for the soundboard schtick. But I dug the soundboard. I enjoyed the meta qualities of it. Winking at Giant Bomb, the fan community and tired notions of millennials. Good stuff.

Antiwhippy

Man I forgot how savage they were against the Wii U during its launch.

I'm listening to the bombcast recorded during Wii U launch and it's a constant negative tirade lmao.

Joeku

Wait what
Is that a comprehension "wait what" or an incredulous one?
Oh shit, it's coming out of early access. Fucking Slime Rancher rules.
Man I forgot how savage they were against the Wii U during its launch.

I'm listening to the bombcast recorded during Wii U launch and it's a constant negative tirade lmao.

The WiiU launch was mostly bad (and also had really dumb ports), and nobody really came to appreciate ZombiU until years later.

Antiwhippy

Is that a comprehension "wait what" or an incredulous one?

Oh shit, it's coming out of early access. Fucking Slime Rancher rules.

The WiiU launch was mostly bad (and also had really dumb ports), and nobody really came to appreciate ZombiU until years later.

Nah Patrick loved it from the start.

It's just fun to look back onto especially with the switch launch this year.

guys I'm worried the only thing on the schedule is ThursDota and I think dota has consumed the sight and what are they doing is there a dotacast tomorrow is that why jeff went on vacation
he was playing a clicker game during Murder Island
he’s checked out of the site
It’s dota’s site now

Inviusx

Still not a fan of Ben. I haven't watched a single bit of west content for almost 2 weeks. This might be the end of GB for me.

Chumley

Banned
Still not a fan of Ben. I haven't watched a single bit of west content for almost 2 weeks. This might be the end of GB for me.

If I'm being totally honest, this is me too. I watch almost nothing from GBWest now, Jeff and Brad have little chemistry with Ben and their natural ability to just be funny clash with his style of trying hard to make a joke.

Luckily GBEast is better than ever.

I'm about on my limit with GBWest as well unfortunately. Had been following them since HotSpot but I think Bombcast is working its way out of my rotation. Beastcast is as great as it's ever been, thankfully.

The podcast was a little rough, but it's the first fucking episode so I went in expecting it to be. Otherwise I thought it was pretty funny and has great potential.

Also stop being a dick to Ben or any other staff member, he's a person who'll probably read this thread. You bitching about how you're thinking about cancelling your sub because of him when there's still a huge amount of non-Ben content being made doesn't achieve anything beyond possibly making Ben feel shitty. What's the point?

Meneses

I haven't watched a West thing since around 2 weeks after Ben joined. There's no way of saying this without sounding like a dick, but then again, it's the truth.

I am unable to listen to Ben. I guess that makes me a "hater", as kids say these days. But it's not his fault, it's actually mine: i'm overly sensitive to certain types of sounds and voices. I'm really sorry about that Ben :( I wish you the best and hope you keep doing what you love at GB.

I'm definitely not cancelling my sub because I still have some other stuff to watch, and these guys have been helping me through some rough patches over the years so I feel like i'm merely repaying a very small part of what they've given me.

Also, I think people need to realize that not everything on the site needs to be for them. Right now, it's just a bigger slice of the whole cake, but at any given moment there's always gonna be stuff some people won't like. It would actually be weird if everyone loved everything.

At the same time, I feel it's valid for people to cancel / not re-sub if they're unhappy with what they're getting. This is a personality based website after all.

I love you all,

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom