• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The last Bombcast was pretty damn good actually. State fair talk felt like some prime 2011 era stuff. And I've been listening to 2011 stuff all the time during work.

Hasney

I watch more West now since Ben joined fo' sure. It was pretty dull before that with Jason having to spend all the time producing and not in front of the camera as well as it just being Jef/Brad/Rorie. Rarely ever miss the live podcast now.

bjork

You guys are mean sometimes. We all know the official GB tier list goes like so anyway

1. Lang
2. Drew
3-infinity tie

and #3 would be #1 anywhere else

Scizzy

I think I've burned out on GBeast. Vinny tries to be funny, but his jokes and silly hypotheticals are just too try hard and he doesn't have chemistry with Dan, Alex, or Abby. And he's in everything! Every time there's an interesting conversation going, he steers it into woodworking, old coins, parenting, or something else that's too boring to care about. And he has a bad voice. I've watched a lot less content since Jeff hired him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also if you actually do go back to listen to when Dan or patrick first joined up they were real stiff on the Bombcast. Dan especailly took awhile to really flow instead of just talking about what he played, telling crazy stories, and then clamming up for everything else.

I'm lukewarm to having fun with Ben video content for now (I really enjoyed kingdom heartache fwiw) but I think the bombcasts have been getting pretty good with him around.

I think I've burned out on GBeast. Vinny tries to be funny, but his jokes and silly hypotheticals are just too try hard and he doesn't have chemistry with Dan, Alex, or Abby. And he's in everything! Every time there's an interesting conversation going, he steers it into woodworking, old coins, parenting, or something else that's too boring to care about. And he has a bad voice. I've watched a lot less content since Jeff hired him.

Like... since 2008?

I'm real iffy on his love on doing dumb skits on the beastcast but the woodworking stuff is great. Give me more of that. Just dumb chit chat about life in general is what I come to love about giantbomb's podcasts.

faridmon

Even drinking that much water isnt healthy

This is false

You should always drink water as much as you can. Obviously not drink it in short succession, but it never hurts to intake water throughout the day

While I do find Vinny funny, he really pushes jokes way too far, interrupt people to inject a silly joke and just doesn't slow down.

I really felt bad for Bakalar when he tried to tell his Dice story

drabnon

Ben is the only GB member I know of who is actually willing to give Kingdom Hearts a decent shake, so I'm cool with him. I'm sure for some of you that lands him on your shitlist tho, so I'm probably not helping his case

Anyways, guys, I don't think people are being mean when they say that they're not enjoying GB West content. People are paying for a product and they can voice their concerns about it. The GB guys are on a personality driven website, so their personalities are always going to be the subject of debate. I don't think people were unnecessarily cruel to Ben in those posts, and I say that as someone who generally likes the guy.

I think Ben is fine outside of quick looks, where he's still finding his way a bit (2 man team puts more pressure on him to fill dead air with jokes, and he's not good at introducing games/starting videos). Because he's on every single quick look GBWest makes nowadays, it puts his weaknesses front and center. It'd probably be good for the site to rotate their video duos more, but GiantBomb has always been bad at doing that.

Scizzy

While I do find Vinny funny, he really pushes jokes way too far, interrupt people to inject a silly joke and just doesn't slow down.

I was joking about Vinny sucking, but I do agree with this at times. Sometimes it's great, but sometimes it just derails everything. I might be the only person who thinks this, but I'd probably enjoy the Beastcast more if Alex hosted.

strafer

it is your time to shine jeff

jeff...jeff?

ud2DMi9.png

Get back...does that mean Brad left?

Lari

I used to have a septum ring too.

Ended up bleeding all over someone I was making out with once because it got jostled in just the right way.

Fun times.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
threw Beast in the East episode 1 on the second monitor as it is 'work from home tuesday'

this is pretty great. does the game feature dubbing at all?

I used to have a septum ring too.

Ended up bleeding all over someone I was making out with once because it got jostled in just the right way.

Fun times.

yeah man, they seem like they could be tricky but i got a real weakness for em

Turnstyle

When is the next membership sale likely to be? My current sub runs out in September...

Also, can I get a discount if don't watch DOTA related material? I happen to prefer VIDEO GAMES.

BTA

threw Beast in the East episode 1 on the second monitor as it is 'work from home tuesday'

this is pretty great. does the game feature dubbing at all?

yeah man, they seem like they could be tricky but i got a real weakness for em

Yakuza 1 has a dub (with, weirdly, big actors/voice actors in it despite its shaky quality at times); I believe everything else has just been subbed, but I've only played 1.

hamchan

When is the next membership sale likely to be? My current sub runs out in September...

Also, can I get a discount if don't watch DOTA related material? I happen to prefer VIDEO GAMES.

I'd say within the next month or two, just judging from how they time these sales.

Jothel

Ben's Australian accent at the end of the recent podcast was legit super funny, laughed out loud in the middle of a train

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Don't normally feel the need to drop my opinions of the guys work in this thread but as there's a lot of negative stuff about I think it's only fair if I put my positive impressions in.

I thought Ben had a rough start, in a lot of ways he felt like part of the furniture on day 1 because he had a lot of history with the site and everyone on it, but I think he's really started to put his mark on it now and stands out as a fresh personality. The way he interacts with Brad and Jeff individually is really good and I think it's starting to bring better content out of all 3 of the West guys now, in a similar way to how Dan really brought out the best in Drew, I can see Ben having that same effect on Brad and Jeff.

Don't normally feel the need to drop my opinions of the guys work in this thread but as there's a lot of negative stuff about I think it's only fair if I put my positive impressions in.

I thought Ben had a rough start, in a lot of ways he felt like part of the furniture on day 1 because he had a lot of history with the site and everyone on it, but I think he's really started to put his mark on it now and stands out as a fresh personality. The way he interacts with Brad and Jeff individually is really good and I think it's starting to bring better content out of all 3 of the West guys now, in a similar way to how Dan really brought out the best in Drew, I can see Ben having that same effect on Brad and Jeff.

Well said, I agree! Ben has definitely brought more energy to West and is actively making new content and other content that better by being in it. I watch all content but West content has definitely improved since he started.

KingKong

Heres my criticism, despite it being impossible to have a consistent schedule for the old game show, demo derby or game tapes they have no problem doing a dota show for three straight weeks

Heres my criticism, despite it being impossible to have a consistent schedule for the old game show, demo derby or game tapes they have no problem doing a dota show for three straight weeks

Weird it's almost as if there's a specific resource that's required for the other programs and is routinely unavailable, but for which the dota show doesn't require and is able to proceed without any blockers.

Because it's dota.

Weird it's almost as if there's a specific resource that's required for the other programs and is routinely unavailable, but for which the dota show doesn't require and is able to proceed without any blockers.
Jason might be reading this, how could you coldly call him a resource?

LiK

With PUBG and now Dota dominating their site recently, it just gives me more reason to catch up on other stuff on YouTube lately.

imBask

Banned

yeah it must be really hard to plug in a ps2 or an xbox classic on a weekday, even though they rarely have any problem doing it on Fridays

One man band YouTubers can produce shows with high production values easily. I refuse to believe that both coasts couldn't produce a LOT more content every day if they really put their mind to it.

There should be two premium shows per day, per coast.

One man band YouTubers can produce shows with high production values easily. I refuse to believe that both coasts couldn't produce a LOT more content every day if they really put their mind to it.

There should be two premium shows per day, per coast.
So do we need Vinny to come in here again and give you the complete hour-by-hour rundown of how they spend their time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom