• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundtest

Banned
i dont know if the bombcast was already on a downward trajectory when they started going down the livestream path or if the livestreaming put it down that path but i bet them being super conscious about there being no editing process and having to watch their every word because it's going out live to the internet did the westcast zero favors.

Just feels like i never laugh or am informed on much when it comes to west for the last year or so whereas im finding myself getting more out of the eastcast when it comes to almost everything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like any other medium just watch the good stuff. Anime is kinda bad in general though. Manga is the way to go.

DO keep in mind though that the volume of manga is way way bigger than that of anime.

So like there's also way more garbage out there.

But also way more insightful stuff that would never get an adaptation.

i dont know if the bombcast was already on a downward trajectory when they started going down the livestream path or if the livestreaming put it down that path but i bet them being super conscious about there being no editing process and having to watch their every word because it's going out live to the internet did the westcast zero favors.

Just feels like i never laugh or am informed on much when it comes to west for the last year or so whereas im finding myself getting more out of the eastcast when it comes to almost everything.

I actually think the bombcast is getting better and better after a down period.

The last one is pretty damn good. Better than the previous beastcast honestly, though the newest beastcast was really fucking good.

Last year I watched them live all until end of december or so but with everything going on with my life as soon as this year started, I just don't have the time to watch it live but if I were ever free when they're live then I'd watch for sure because I always prefer watching.

nGU27ll.gif

Honestly, for me, Vinny, Jeff and Ryan iwere the heart and soul of most of the early Bombcasts so losing two out of three was always going to make it different over time.

Dan gave it a much needed energy but since he left it's been noticeably less enjoyable for me.

It's still pretty good though most weeks and is better than any other gaming podcast I listen to.

Recently the main problem for me has been their lack of playing games outside of work so they don't have much to talk about in the opening segment, that's my perception of it anyway. If that's the case I would rather they opened with news or some other idea.

Phatmac

DO keep in mind though that the volume of manga is way way bigger than that of anime.

So like there's also way more garbage out there.

But also way more insightful stuff that would never get an adaptation.

I actually think the bombcast is getting better and better after a down period.

The last one is pretty damn good. Better than the previous beastcast honestly, though the newest beastcast was really fucking good.
True. It's just that current anime keeps adapting LN trash so it's hard to watch anything that's good. Manga just has so much more for me in general right now.

Alright, I guess plenty of people do watch the video bombcasts. :p

Can't say I find the appeal then again I rely on the bombcast and beastcast to help keep me engaged during work

I agree. And like I've said before, I think being on video has undermined the spontaneity that they used to have on the Bombcast. Too formal nowadays, won't talk over each other.

the video Bombcast sucks if only because (as with most of their video content) it's super quiet

like, compare the audio version to the video archive and you'll immediately see what I mean

shit's been driving me insane for months and months

Hasney

What would the goal of a Sims series be? It has to have a goal.

Let's brainstorm this shit.

Put them all in a house, first one to top their career wins.

Twist: There is no user input other than to get them on the career ladder or pop-up decisions as that's not auto.

LiK

Last year I watched them live all until but with everything going on with my life as soon as this year started, I just don't have the time to watch it live but if I were ever free when they're live then I'd watch for sure because I always prefer watching.

nGU27ll.gif

LMAO

kiguel182

do brad and ben finally hook up?

We are on to something.

Put them all in a house, first one to top their career wins.

Twist: There is no user input other than to get them on the career ladder or pop-up decisions as that's not auto.

If there's user input do they play in turns? Or would it be just one person controlling it?

Also, how much gambling will this involve?

BearPawB

Banned
"Sims shit" is something they can actually make better, more interesting and they can enhance the game with their personalities.

yeah and Dota 2's been done to death by this website in addition to countless Twitch streamers, but that didn't stop you from being "thrilled" that it came back

I would love to see them go for it.

But doing something after the McElroys do it, will always be a hard act to follow for me personally.

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah, not like that game that no one streams called Battlegrounds.

Dota and Battlegrounds are different kinds of games to me.

A sims playthrough almost HAS to be comedy. Dota and Murder Island arent trying to be comedy streams.

So doing a comedy stream, when someone has already told all the jokes.... that makes it hard. That's all i am saying

I don't care what the McElroys do or not.

hence the "for me personally" which i put there so i could avoid those sorts of comments that you made anyways

kiguel182

A sims playthrough almost HAS to be comedy. Dota and Murder Island arent trying to be comedy streams.

So doing a comedy stream, when someone has already told all the jokes.... that makes it hard. That's all i am saying

Not everyone here is seeing other Sims streams so that point doesn't apply to everyone but I guess that makes sense sure.

EDIT: This sounds more passive-egressive that I intended.

BearPawB

Banned
Not everyone here is seeing other Sims streams so that point doesn't apply to everyone but I guess that makes sense sure.

And not everyone watches other Dota or Battleground streams. So your points also don't apply to everyone?

EDIT: Mine too Kiguel, all good

oti

Banned

hence the "for me personally" which i put there so i could avoid those sorts of comments that you made anyways

It just doesn't really make sense where you're coming from.

You want Dota content, which is serious, not personality-driven content and others make a billion times better. There's not much difference between GB Dota content and other Dota content, other than GB Dota content being worse.

You don't want Sims content, which is fun comedy, personality-driven content, that only GB can make like GB. Difference between GB Sims and all the other Sims is night and day, since it's all about the personalities.

BearPawB

Banned
It just doesn't really make sense where you're coming from.

You want Dota content, which is serious, not personality-driven content and others make a billion times better. There's not much difference between GB Dota content and other Dota content, other than GB Dota content being worse.

You don't want Sims content, which is fun comedy, personality-driven content, that only GB can make like GB. Difference between GB Sims and all the other Sims is night and day, since it's all about the personalities.

I want Dota content because I personally like dota.
lol.
It isn't that complicated

GB dota streams just happen to be dota streams by 2 people i really like.

Harpuia

I'm all in it for the CBSi personalities and the personality driven content. It's what I come for. Especially Jeremiah, a fine CBSi Podcast Personality.

I'm curious how much overlap there is between McElroy fans and GB fans. I've watched some Monster Factory but that's about it.

I've become a huge fan of their stuff over the past year or two. As far as I'm concerned, anything Nick/Griffin make are all Polygon are. Nothing else exists from that website to me.

Kimaka

I'm curious how much overlap there is between McElroy fans and GB fans. I've watched some Monster Factory but that's about it.

Some of Polygon's/McElroy's video content is really good and I enjoy their podcast. I'd imagine that their audience skews younger than GB's audience.

Meneses

I think there's some crossover, from what we can see in this thread.

I don't like them at all, especially Griffin (well, at least from the few clips i've watched that people promised were hilarious).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom