• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
How much "game" is there in the sims at this point?

Everytime i see it played its mostly just in a sort of sandbox way. Previous games became so bloated it stopped feeling like a game to me. Did the same thing happen with this most recent sims?

The sandbox stuff are clearly what people are there for. But I always prefered the daily grind. Going to work, trying to pay the bills etc

LiK

Everytime i see it played its mostly just in a sort of sandbox way. Previous games became so bloated it stopped feeling like a game to me. Did the same thing happen with this most recent sims?

The sandbox stuff are clearly what people are there for. But I always prefered the daily grind. Going to work, trying to pay the bills etc

I think some of the later expansions added objectives but it's still very sandboxy. I would probably watch Vinny play around with it. He would be pretty evil, haha.

Hasney

The game sets goals based on a characters personality in the newer ones, but you set yourself goals really. Like top of a career chain, can afford that house... Bang everyone in the neighbourhood.

You know, life.

Kleptomaniac goals are always fun. Trying to steal shit from friends.

Kimaka

You can still do the daily grind if you want, but it is much easier to keep your sims alive than the earlier games.

Sims is actually a lot gamier now since you can set goals for what your sims want to do during their lifetime and there are daily goals beyond the required 'keep them happy/alive' ones. It encourages you to do something different instead of eat, sleep, and work. If your sim is flirty, they'll want to bang and make out with everyone. If they are mean, they'll want to get into fights and see their enemies die. etc

yeah the music is good in Persona 5

I wish the rest of the game also was

AILycJ2.jpg

These Brad/Ben Dota videos are pretty good. Probably the best stuff from Ben, he's talking about stuff he knows quite a bit about and isn't trying too hard to make the content entertaining (in the jokey kind of of way).

- J - D -

Your Affection Your Affection Your Affectiooooon.

Does P5 have something as sinister but catchy as that?

These Brad/Ben Dota videos are pretty good. Probably the best stuff from Ben, he's talking about stuff he knows quite a bit about and isn't trying too hard to make the content entertaining (in the jokey kind of of way).

It's Ben in a more natural element.

Too bad for me though that it just happens to be something I care little for.

Deciding to date your teacher or your drug dealer or your late 20s alcoholic reporter friend is the hardest choice in video games.

Especially in a game whose main story is about underage characters fighting against adults who misuse their positions as elders/authority figures to get what they want from youth.

I go to sleep for 7 hours and what happens

We get 8 pages of people eating each others heads off because they think people want hot takes on how they feel on what sucks about GB.

Like full atop, this is ridiculous. Even Ive had my fill of it. Its like the 4th tine in the past 10 days we've devolved to this hate and negativity. There is legit less talk about the content coming out in the site and more talk about who sucks and why they suck.

This time last year we were getting half the content we are today. I myself am inundated with content I havent even watched because theres so much of it.

And what does this thread do? Bicker over each other. We get it you have hot takes, truth is nobody wants them for the 5th time. Even I cant stand looking at what the threads become.

Hindl

i thought we, as a world, had all decided that persona 5 was okay but super uneven, bloated, and generally not as good as p3/p4

It was uneven and bloated, and the story execution wasn't as well done as P4, but it's a better game than P4 imo. And while the story and characters are the most important part of these games, I couldn't finish P4 while I did finish P5, so that counts for something
theres a rave in the podcast room
Jason popped some Molly before starting the production today

soundtest

Banned
my arc with p5 was this is sorta alright....40 hrs later it was good!... and then the twist happens and the last 30-40 hrs are a total borefest turd bummer

there's a great 50 hr JRPG stuck in a lot of mediocre to poor shit in p5. the last chunk of that game felt like it took my time for granted and i never felt that way about p3 or p4. meh.

J_Viper

We get 8 pages of people eating each others heads off because they think people want hot takes on how they feel on what sucks about GB.

Like full atop, this is ridiculous. Even Ive had my fill of it. Its like the 4th tine in the past 10 days we've devolved to this hate and negativity. There is legit less talk about the content coming out in the site and more talk about who sucks and why they suck.

This time last year we were getting half the content we are today. I myself am inundated with content I havent even watched because theres so much of it.

And what does this thread do? Bicker over each other. We get it you have hot takes, truth is nobody wants them for the 5th time. Even I cant stand looking at what the threads become.

This wouldn't be happening if we had another Game Tapes

cordy

Banned

Yeah.

I wish it was possible to have a thread dedicated to GB content and another thread focused around opinions towards their personalities. I'd only be in the content one.

And yet it was finished with and you had to pipe in with your own hot take well after the fact?

What is a hot take now? An opinion?

Meguro

Banned
Steal my Sunshine on wednesday and Blue Bombin' on fridays is a pretty good schedule.
Now I just need some replacement for BitE on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom