• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah and the Game Informer Show is 61st and that's like the best podcast out of all of them

so something's got to be fucked up on their end, right folks

Tubobutts

r u the cute avatar
image.php

kiguel182

The Bombcast is definetly at its weakest point since I started to listen (like two years ago or something). No Dan and Drew really hurt it. It isn’t as funny as before and their discussions aren’t that engaging that can make up for that. I like Ben but asking him to replace both Drew and Dan is a big task. Their will be another hire so we will have to see how it goes then.

Also, there’s more talk about fighting games and that just isn’t good for me.

Edit: Golden era beast cast is still untouchable. Austin is really good at talking about video games and also really funny. The new beastcast is still hilarious but obviously not as insightful.

drabnon

i could understand being bummed at Dan leaving

i've only heard him in GBE podcasts/content and he brings a real fun energy to it

Oh man, you need to go back and listen to the Dan Bombcasts. Stories about eating egg shells, eating from shoeboxes, classmates getting their crotch protectors smashed, discussions about poop particles...

Fun times.

Ryan knew him forever. Who else could come in and challenge him at this point?

It would probably have to be someone with as much experience as Jeff, like Kasavin over at Supergiant.

Scizzy

I think the Bombcast is as strong as it's been since Vinny went east. Jeff is as good as ever, Ben is both funny and has diverse taste in games, and Brad is a solid host.

I'll add, there's no way the Bombcast is as low as it was during the last weeks of the Jeff-hosting era. He didn't have any enthusiasm for it, Dan wasn't in yet, Brad seemed sleepy, and Vinny was in NY. It was pretty boring.

Incidentally, I had to check the dates to get the era right and it looks like Brad took over the Bombcast three years ago yesterday.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
this is immediately what my mind went to when somebody was in the thread earlier talking about how Dan was off to a shaky start on the Bombcast

like, are you crazy

EDIT: oh wait it was just Antiwhippy trying to make Ben look better by pretending Dan wasn't great from the jump

Mate do you actually go back to listen to the entire run like i did? Because trust me, I've listened to a lot of old Bombcasts because i need something to listen to at work.

Did you actually read what i wrote?

Are you going to deny that Dan back then wasn't just about talking about his games, talking about his crazy stories, and then clamming up about things he wasn't familiar about?

I would actually like a discussion instead of the usual hit and run.

imBask

Banned
Maybe this thread just needs a villain, and ever since Patrick left there's no one to take that spot so everyone keeps nitpicking flaws from a couple of duders

the real solution is to unite in hating Waypoint, it's right there in front of you wake up

Mate do you actually go back to listen to the entire run like i did? Because trust me, I've listened to a lot of old Bombcasts because i need something to listen to at work.

Did you actually read what i wrote?

Are you going to deny that Dan back then want just about talking about his games, taking about his crazy stories, and then clamming up about things he wasn't familiar about?

I would actually like a discussion instead of the usual hit and run.

Dan talking about shit he wasn't familiar about were some of the best parts of early Bombcasts (talking about sous-vide but calling it "Savio Vega" and shit like that). Dude maybe wouldn't speak up on games he hadn't played, but I'd rather that than having him talking about stuff he'd heard about games on Twitter, a-la Brad.

Antiwhippy

Dan talking about shit he wasn't familiar about were some of the best parts of early Bombcasts (talking about sous-vide but calling it "Savio Vega" and shit like that). Dude maybe wouldn't speak up on games he hadn't played, but I'd rather that than having him talking about stuff he'd heard about games on Twitter, a-la Brad.

That shit ain't what I'm talking about mate. I'm talking about how he would be mostly absent during news segments, or whenever someone talked about a game he isn't in tune with.

The crazy stories are great, trust me, i loved them, but back then people called it the brad and Jeff show for a reason, because they were dominating the conversation a lot more than dan and drew did.

It's a more even discussion now, which i like. I'm not even saying i dislike that period of podcasts, because it certainly had moments. If anything i like it too. But those are the facts of how i percieve the podcast during that period.

I think dan is much improved as a podcaster fwiw.

Giant Bombcast 492: Plug Into TV
2954378-tac_my17_0001_v001.jpg

GameSpot's Peter Brown pops in to chat about retro topics big and small, from the mini-Genesis boondoggle to prototype Ataris and five-figure Super Mario carts, along with the hottest games of the day like Tacoma, Pyre, Sundered, and maple syrup corndogs.
Filed Under: Joy-Con, Abigail, Super Mario Bros., Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Aztez, Tacoma, Pyre, Sundered, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Atari 2600, Corn Dog, Sega Genesis

That shit ain't what I'm talking about mate. I'm talking about how he would be mostly absent during news segments, or whenever someone talked about a game he isn't in tune with.

The crazy stories are great, trust me, i loved them, but back then people called it the brad and Jeff show for a reason, because they were dominating the conversation a lot more than dan and drew did.

It's a more even discussion now, which i like. I'm not even saying i dislike that period of podcasts, because it certainly had moments. If anything i like it too. But those are the facts of how i percieve the podcast during that period.

I think dan is much improved as a podcaster fwiw.

I dunno, maybe it's just easy to forget about that stuff because of how many good moments we had in spite of it (as opposed to now, where pretty much everything on the Bombcast is forgettable).

Antiwhippy

And that's fair. Certainly there are quite a number of highlights but as someone who did go back to listen to that period because i like to listen to my Bombcasts in sets (kinda like an album) the conversations when Dan started definitely felt more awkward.

I'm warming up to the current lineup but whatever, I'm not actually that interested in trying to convince you to like something you don't.

The bombcast as a whole was awkward in that era, it often turned into Brad and Jeff segments. Brad is a much better host now than he was then and Dan has better chemistry with the Beastcast crew than he ever did on the bombcast.

The bombcast as a whole was awkward in that era, it often turned into Brad and Jeff segments. Brad is a much better host now than he was then and Dan has better chemistry with the Beastcast crew than he ever did on the bombcast.
Yeah both the Beastcast and Bombcast are better now with where Dan is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom