• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex was the hero of last year's GotY. He asserted himself all over the place, unlike some past years where he let things go too easily.

That Hottest mess discussion was pretty damn good.

this GOTY should be interesting with the new guys in the mix (including a potential 3rd person too if that works out this year)

1099 moving hard as fuck.

Also cool to see he almost has the entire GB team

Mr. F

Banned
If you want a tragic 75% playthrough, watch Dave + Drew + Vinny's Blade Runner feature.

Wha, they were really that close? Game must be short then, I haven't watched in a while but I would have thought they were just starting the second act if that lol.

Also yeah I'm gonna have to rewatch bioforge, thanks duders

drabnon

I'm all for bashing the terrible decisions that have been made on the GOTY Bombcasts, but let's also celebrate the good times, yeah?

Case in point

Oh yeah, and they also put Lamar, Mr Drippy, and the Luteces over Joel and Ellie, which I strongly disagreed with

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Pyre might be my favorite Supergiant game. I'm weird in that, while I super got into the combat in Bastion, I wasn't huge on the story or narrative stuff. But everything about Pyre is firing on all cylinders for me now that I've gotten good at the rites

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I haven't seen the major nelson tweet but that just seems like corporations being corporations.

Remember how sony was all like "yeah of course we can share online" and "hell yeah indies!"

def sim

The Yakuza 0 story is extra silly when I'm a damn trillionaire.

I haven't seen the major nelson tweet but that just seems like corporations being corporations.

Remember how sony was all like "yeah of course we can share online" and "hell yeah indies!"

Nah one of these brands must be my friend I'm p sure.

Guys what if kingdom heartache episode 2 is GBEAST

somehow they transfer saves

heartache refers to them continuously trading the save back and forth

Antiwhippy

I dunno tho, that Ben + Abby podcast is like a really bad improv session.

I mean Ben was pretty bad on it also, but yeah, not super into the improv shown on the site so far.

I'll give that podcast a few more chances though.

Mr. F

Banned
Honestly I haven't actually love most of the improv she has showed so far? She's been funnier by just from her normal interactions.

She hasn't really had great opportunities to show them though.

Same, she's way funnier in regular conversation. Granted Vinny putting her on the spot probably hasn't done any favours

I'm looking for a new game

Something cute, fun, none-2D unless it's really well done, preferably with loot and scaling difficulty.

Finding a game to play is hard.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I know there are bigger slimes. Haven't got it yet but I was planning to pick it up some time this year.

Dragon quest builders sounds like it fits too.

But yeah most of the games I've played this year were more depressing than cute really.

I dunno, I know there are bigger slimes. Haven't got it yet but I was planning to pick it up some time this year.

Dragon quest builders sounds like it fits too.

But yeah most of the games I've played this year were more depressing than cute really.

Is DQB on PC?

Oh it's not

I just want a game that isn't 'realism' overload. Something to contrast PUBG. There's Fortnite but..fuck paying 40 dollars.

Strax

Super Mario Maker and Hitman were the right calls for their respective years and they were made by Jeff so he's ok. Still weird that Jeff turned on Doom in the end.

I have no issue with Super Mario Maker winning, it's more about how it won.

The biggest blunder of that GOTY discussion imo was Brad trying to go against Mario Maker when he should have rallied around MGSV

Nah. MGSV never had chance at #1 and Brad should've seen it a mile away. Had he rallied around Rocket League it would've won. If I remember it right Brad even voted for Rocket League over Super Mario Maker during that informal poll.

I still can't believe a level editor won best game over a game that multiple member's of Giant Bomb said "This is the best game I've ever played in my life" multiple times....

I was playing the podcast yesterday and nobody ever said that though. Jeff said it was a better game then all games they had picked as GOTY since they started and Jeff also said it was probably the best game since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Yeah. It's a great moment like the Fallout 4 "games are hard to make" defense is a great moment.

I'm still with Dan on this one. I have no idea how anybody who played Fallout 3/NV and saw the first trailer for Fallout 4 was expecting anything more then the game they delivered except in the story department but they were mostly talking about how it looked and how it was designed

Plasma

Banned
I'm still with Dan on this one. I have no idea how anybody who played Fallout 3/NV and saw the first trailer for Fallout 4 was expecting anything more then the game they delivered except in the story department but they were mostly talking about how it looked and how it was designed
New Vegas has a good story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom