• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsundoku

The podcast or the games story?

There are like some writing problems here and there but they phoned that podcast in really fucking hard
They also phoned in their effort at the game. Its pretty trivially fucking easy on normal but Ben felt the need to "secret" his way to level 99 and both of them complain about a trivially easy to guess twist based on character development they both actively avoided

Jintor

https://twitter.com/PackBenPack/status/883846419601281025

Ben Pack said:
the new My Hero Academia ending theme is my anime of the season

you heard the man we can now discuss anime in this thread

They also phoned in their effort at the game. Its pretty trivially fucking easy on normal but Ben felt the need to "secret" his way to level 99 and both of them complain about a trivially easy to guess twist based on character development they both actively avoided

are you kidding me

dude grinds for more time than he needs to and that means he phones in his effort on the game

what logic black hole is this

Zaph

if you feel bad ben might be upset, just remember this is how he spends his time

WmBvIyo.png

anime men don't have feelings

Barrylad

Neo Member
The GBEast content lately has been outstanding. Abby is a prodigy, and Dan gels so well with that crew. Loving the cast and the videos.

West is waning a little, but not to any level where I feel my membership isn't worth it or anything like that. Any website that churns out so much content, such personality-driven content at that, is going to have highs and lows - especially given the never-ending series of changes they've endured over the last few... Well, years. When you think about it, the amount of people coming and going (or staying but relocating) since '14 has been nuts. Tonnes of change, tonnes of readjusting for everyone involved.

I like Ben, he has an understated dryness to him, kinda like Jason, that I think is great. I don't think the Bombcast or UPF have been homeruns lately but that's not on him, and I feel he'll be a great part of the team in due course.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are like some writing problems here and there but they phoned that podcast in really fucking hard

The complaint wasn't that it's hard to guess, it's that they explain it for too fucking long.

Also i didn't really have to do any grinding at all to make the combat trivial, but I'm going to have to agree that the dungeons are mostly so tedious i just wanted them to be done instead of enjoying them for what they are.

Especially the last few ones holy crap. The quality just fell straight down the toilet.

It in fact boggles my mind that there are people calling it the best jrpg combat ever.

danm999

The twist is pretty terrible in concept and execution, bar the cleverness of the pancakes bit.

Jintor

But Ben didn't really grind at all. He did the reaper flu trick.

dude went out, looked up a method to do a thing, went out of his way to do it, so he could finish the game without getting frustrated and dropping it or whatever. whatever way you cut it that's not phoning it in

Curufinwe

I grinded to 90+ in P3 because I heard Nyx was so hard, but I can't really fathom doing that in P5. None of the bosses are even close to table-level. It would make much more sense to just drop down to Easy if you felt under leveled.

It in fact boggles my mind that there are people calling it the best jrpg combat ever.

You didn't see that coming?

KingKong

dude went out, looked up a method to do a thing, went out of his way to do it, so he could finish the game without getting frustrated and dropping it or whatever. whatever way you cut it that's not phoning it in

Finishing games??? He'll never fit in with Giant Bomb

Antiwhippy

It's definitely the best of the Persona series. The QoL changes basically make the idea of going back and playing any of the earlier ones a chore.

I agree in a way, but the way the dungeons are setup also kinda make me wish we had the random thing back?

Combat in P5 is definitely better than P4/3, but it's setup to be so much more unavoidable just through the layouts and the constant puzzles that stops you along the way. I can really easily ignore enemies if I want to in 3 & 4 if I just want to progress through the dungeons. I have to deal with enemies & the dungeon puzzles if I want to progress through and while better, they are not to the quality where I get actual enjoyment from them. Dungeons after 4 are just not good.

Joeku

I agree in a way, but the way the dungeons are setup also kinda make me wish we had the random thing back?

Combat in P5 is definitely better than P4/3, but it's setup to be so much more unavoidable just through the layouts and the constant puzzles that stops you along the way. I can really easily ignore enemies if I want to in 3 & 4 if I just want to progress through the dungeons. I have to deal with enemies & the dungeon puzzles if I want to progress through and while better, they are not to the quality where I get actual enjoyment from them. Dungeons after 4 are just not good.

Agreed with all that, and also the whole heist schema doesn't fit entirely. It would be less JRPG, but the game probably would have been served by both having a better stealth system, and awarding you for avoiding combat as much as engaging with it.

Antiwhippy

And the stealth mechanic itself just feels kinda... wasted? I mean it's just another way for you to gain advantage, only instead you have to sit and wait for every enemy encounter which just further drags the pacing.

Joeku

And the stealth mechanic itself just feels kinda... wasted? I mean it's just another way for you to gain advantage, only instead you have to sit and wait for every enemy encounter which just further drags the pacing.

Like, if it actually controlled well, involved a bunch of intersecting patrols and whatnot, it could be kinda cool. But it doesn't. It's just a way of getting a free round or not (unless you're wildly overlevelled) at this point.

Edit: Oh and by the way, when I said earlier that twitch chat is garbage trash, right now in this Breath of the Wild run, it's proving me right.

Any reason they're doing Wii U instead of Switch? like different exploits or anything

Probably just because the Wii U can be emulated, and it makes sense to do speed runs on the device that lets you practice and brute force certain techniques with the aid of save states, etc.

is there something wrong with the pc on the ground

mines on a wooden tablet
I've never had an issue with it, but there is usually ventilation on the bottom of a case and it might be an issue if you block those vents on a system that runs hot. Cases also usually come with feet to lift the vents off the carpet, though.

I've never had an issue with it, but there is usually ventilation on the bottom of a case and it might be an issue if you block those vents on a system that runs hot. Cases also usually come with feet to lift the vents off the carpet, though.

yeh

I can understand if you put it on a carpet, that's like a no no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom