• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
mJ7q4tX.gif

Jesus

Did Vinnie not have his coffee for the last Beastcast? He sounds completely out of it between constantly struggling to recall terms and almost sounding personally offended towards besmirching Assassin's Creed.

I just got invited to be a bridesmaid/on the bride's side for a good friend's wedding. (I would be the only dude doing that).

Has anyone here ever seen that done?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just got invited to be a bridesmaid/on the bride's side for a good friend's wedding. (I would be the only dude doing that).

Has anyone here ever seen that done?
Absolutely. Do it. It's a blast. Just don't go to the bachelorette party.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alright it's settled, I'm game. Good advice too.
Actually I'm gunna say wait out the party. If it's kinda fire and they're going to a hot club or joint and one the other bridesmaids is digging your progressive ways, go, but if you think you'll feel like an extra wheel sit it out. I only say that because when I did it, unbeknownst to me one of the bridesmaids was super into me and I had no clue. A night of debauchery in LA with a paid hotel. Coulda been fun, but that was years ago.

Weigh your options, see where you're at when it's announced and play it right. Also side note if you go to a chippendales kinda joint it's not all bad. Kinda like a regular strip club with the buffet and everything.

justjim89

Did Vinnie not have his coffee for the last Beastcast? He sounds completely out of it between constantly struggling to recall terms and almost sounding personally offended towards besmirching Assassin's Creed.

That's because Vinny has a fondness for AssCreed, and Dan talks about things he doesn't like so dismissively and definitively it's almost childish. It was infuriating for me and I'm not even big on that series. Not to mention dismissing the story as "up it's own ass" while calling MGS the greatest story in all of fiction. I could feel Vinny's exasperation.

That's because Vinny has a fondness for AssCreed, and Dan talks about things he doesn't like so dismissively and definitively it's almost childish. It was infuriating for me and I'm not even big on that series. Not to mention dismissing the story as "up it's own ass" while calling MGS the greatest story in all of fiction. I could feel Vinny's exasperation.

I was so torn between Vinny and Dan in that discussion. I used to love AC but it burned me bad. And I tend to share Vinny's perspective that the language Dan uses to talk about things can be a bit exaggerated or inflammatory. But I also think Dan is kinda right when he says "I think..." is implied when stating an opinion that "all Assassin's Creed games are bad."

robotrock

Banned
But I also think Dan is kinda right when he says "I think..." is implied when stating an opinion that "all Assassin's Creed games are bad."

This is why I think Vinny was hamming it up too. Both of them were being evil about their arguments in a way that couldn't actually be serious

Mr. F

Banned
Never having played much of Splatoon I was surprised to pop into the Splatfest thing and realize that the gyro aiming gives me a bit of motion sickness...weird. Maybe a matter of sensitivity on the camera.

also god damn that game has sty
yyyyyyyyyyyyy
le.

robotrock

Banned
Never having played much of Splatoon I was surprised to pop into the Splatfest thing and realize that the gyro aiming gives me a bit of motion sickness...weird. Maybe a matter of sensitivity on the camera.

also god damn that game has sty
yyyyyyyyyyyyy
le.

You playing in handheld mode? Not really a fan of moving the screen tbh. Recommend table top or a TV set up. Also split joy cons feel fantastic for motion controls in this, just independently tilting the right joy con to aim is godlike

Mr. F

Banned
You playing in handheld mode? Not really a fan of moving the screen tbh. Recommend table top or a TV set up. Also split joy cons feel fantastic for motion controls in this, just independently tilting the right joy con to aim is godlike

I started handheld which was immediately no good, but even split joycon on TV was feeling kind of swimmy. I think part of it is that the stick for horizontal and gyro for vertical is something I need to wrap my head around better

My respect for Dan solidified during the SUPERHOT discussion on the GOTY casts. Jeff was gushing over it the entire time but Dan only thought it was alright. While I enjoyed SUPERHOT, it always came off as a game that thought it was being a lot more clever with the than it actually was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom