• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I CAN'T DENY IT ANYMORE

I HAVE A CRUSH ON GIANT BOMB, AN AMERICAN VIDEO GAME WEBSITE AND WIKI THAT INCLUDES PERSONALITY DRIVEN GAMING VIDEOS, COMMENTARY, NEWS AND REVIEWS, CREATED BY FORMER GAMESPOT EDITORS JEFF GERSTMANN AND RYAN DAVIS. THE WEBSITE WAS VOTED BY TIME MAGAZINE AS ONE OF THE TOP 50 WEBSITES OF 2011. ORIGINALLY PART OF WHISKEY MEDIA, THE WEBSITE WAS ACQUIRED BY CBS INTERACTIVE IN MARCH 2012.

AFTER BEING TERMINATED FROM HIS POSITION AS EDITORIAL DIRECTOR OF GAMESPOT, GERSTMANN BEGAN WORKING WITH A TEAM OF WEB ENGINEERS TO CREATE A NEW VIDEO GAME WEBSITE. HIS INTENT WAS TO CREATE "A FUN VIDEO GAME WEBSITE"[2] THAT WOULD NOT HEAVILY COVER THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THE GAME INDUSTRY. THE SITE'S CORE EDITORIAL STAFF CONSISTS PRIMARILY OF FORMER GAMESPOT EDITORS. GIANT BOMB WAS UNVEILED ON MARCH 6, 2008, AS A BLOG; THE FULL SITE LAUNCHED ON JULY 21, 2008. THE GIANT BOMB OFFICES WERE ORIGINALLY IN SAUSALITO, CALIFORNIA, AND AS OF JUNE 26, 2010, THEY WERE MOVED TO SAN FRANCISCO.

CONTENT ON GIANT BOMB IS SPLIT BETWEEN ITS SMALL STAFF PROVIDING VIDEOS AND WRITTEN ARTICLES IN A VIDEO GAME JOURNALISM EDITORIAL CAPACITY AND ITS COMMUNITY EXPANDING UPON IT BY CREATING AND INTERACTING WITH THE WEBSITE'S TOOLS AND FUNCTIONS, NAMELY A VIDEO GAME WIKI-DATABASE, OPEN TO EDITING BY ALL REGISTERED USERS IN WHICH THEY CREATE CONTENT. THE GIANT BOMB STAFF REPORTS ON VIDEO GAME NEWS AND REVIEWS NEW RELEASES. THEIR WEEKLY PODCAST, THE GIANT BOMBCAST, IS POSTED ON TUESDAYS AND COVERS RECENT NEWS AND RELEASES IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY, AS WELL AS HAPPENINGS AROUND THE OFFICE. GIANT BOMB PRODUCES A NUMBER OF REGULAR VIDEO SERIES INCLUDING QUICK LOOKS, 20-90 MINUTE UNEDITED LOOKS AT RECENTLY RELEASED GAMES.

ArjanN

To be honest, I think there's ample room for criticism of a product that we are paying for. Even if part of that product is a staff member of the site. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Ben. Not really entertained by his voice, his on-camera presence, or what he seems to have brought to the table so far. He brings a lot more fighting game and DOTA talk to the table, which is a huge detriment to my enjoyment of recent Bombcasts. I don't think it makes me a jerk to put forth these criticisms. I'm not saying he's bad at his job, I'm not saying he's lazy, and I'm not saying he's a bad person. But since he's joined GBWest my overall level of entertainment from and satisfaction with that studio has gone down dramatically. And I think as a business that charges money to provide entertainment, they ought to hear that kind of criticisms from dissatisfied subscribers.

Have to disagree about the fighting game talk as that was a genre they criminally underlooked.

I found it to be too random at first but a few episodes in, the pace and tone made sense. In the end I felt that it worked. It isn't the second coming like people made it out to be but I enjoyed it.

I honestly probably would liked One Punch Man more if it played it more straight. The animation is too hype for a parody show.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I know this is 99% of what they do, but please give something that isn't a 3 hour long let's play stream.
demo derby doesn't count as a let's play.

8pu9ZjV.png

I love the setting and the first few episodes. It does go downhill once it goes super anime.

In other news: I finally watched the first episodes of One Punch Man. That art style is WILD. I like the ironic moments. But eh, dunno.

I was late to the One Punch Man Train but really loved it, when is season 2 supposed to come out?

Joeku

Gonna echo that sentiment on the Jeremiah character. All Dan has to do is answer any question as close to the opposite way he normally would and it works.

Prey is not a Vinny game, and yet it is also the Vinnyest of games. (Look no further than the Helicopter Blades moment for proof of this.)

robotrock

Banned
What's your favorite movie?

My favorite film.

Oh excuse me, I'm so sorry.

I believe that would be Dog Day Afternoon.

It's really like he has an insane understanding of how his Dan Ryckert character works, almost as if it's a science or something. He can just flip back the dials and get a character with the exact opposite characteristics

Jintor

the other thing about jerimiah is it proves dan has a really good sense of self awareness about himself which can sometimes be easily lost under his tales of rummaging through trash or cooking eggshells

the other thing about jerimiah is it proves dan has a really good sense of self awareness about himself which can sometimes be easily lost under his tales of rummaging through trash or cooking eggshells

Yes I came to that conclusion too. It confirmed to me he is basically working all the time.

J_Viper

I CAN'T DENY IT ANYMORE

I HAVE A CRUSH ON GIANT BOMB, AN AMERICAN VIDEO GAME WEBSITE AND WIKI THAT INCLUDES PERSONALITY DRIVEN GAMING VIDEOS, COMMENTARY, NEWS AND REVIEWS, CREATED BY FORMER GAMESPOT EDITORS JEFF GERSTMANN AND RYAN DAVIS. THE WEBSITE WAS VOTED BY TIME MAGAZINE AS ONE OF THE TOP 50 WEBSITES OF 2011. ORIGINALLY PART OF WHISKEY MEDIA, THE WEBSITE WAS ACQUIRED BY CBS INTERACTIVE IN MARCH 2012.

AFTER BEING TERMINATED FROM HIS POSITION AS EDITORIAL DIRECTOR OF GAMESPOT, GERSTMANN BEGAN WORKING WITH A TEAM OF WEB ENGINEERS TO CREATE A NEW VIDEO GAME WEBSITE. HIS INTENT WAS TO CREATE "A FUN VIDEO GAME WEBSITE"[2] THAT WOULD NOT HEAVILY COVER THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THE GAME INDUSTRY. THE SITE'S CORE EDITORIAL STAFF CONSISTS PRIMARILY OF FORMER GAMESPOT EDITORS. GIANT BOMB WAS UNVEILED ON MARCH 6, 2008, AS A BLOG; THE FULL SITE LAUNCHED ON JULY 21, 2008. THE GIANT BOMB OFFICES WERE ORIGINALLY IN SAUSALITO, CALIFORNIA, AND AS OF JUNE 26, 2010, THEY WERE MOVED TO SAN FRANCISCO.

CONTENT ON GIANT BOMB IS SPLIT BETWEEN ITS SMALL STAFF PROVIDING VIDEOS AND WRITTEN ARTICLES IN A VIDEO GAME JOURNALISM EDITORIAL CAPACITY AND ITS COMMUNITY EXPANDING UPON IT BY CREATING AND INTERACTING WITH THE WEBSITE'S TOOLS AND FUNCTIONS, NAMELY A VIDEO GAME WIKI-DATABASE, OPEN TO EDITING BY ALL REGISTERED USERS IN WHICH THEY CREATE CONTENT. THE GIANT BOMB STAFF REPORTS ON VIDEO GAME NEWS AND REVIEWS NEW RELEASES. THEIR WEEKLY PODCAST, THE GIANT BOMBCAST, IS POSTED ON TUESDAYS AND COVERS RECENT NEWS AND RELEASES IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY, AS WELL AS HAPPENINGS AROUND THE OFFICE. GIANT BOMB PRODUCES A NUMBER OF REGULAR VIDEO SERIES INCLUDING QUICK LOOKS, 20-90 MINUTE UNEDITED LOOKS AT RECENTLY RELEASED GAMES.

Can this be the new OT title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom