• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sports games would be them screwing around joking about sports while trying to play a game in the worst weather conditions

I'm actually looking forward to this year's Madden QL for this reason and hopefully Bakalar is back for NHL 18.

I would probably watch them dick around with sports games in general but I'm guessing/assuming GB's audience isn't that kind of crowd (which is perfectly fine).

oti

Banned
I can see some of the criticism. I'm 26 and feel like this sometimes too. The new Ben and Abby podcast is 100% wasted time as far as I'm concerned.

Having comedic segments in the general podcasts is fine, but there needs to be a balance. I think the Beastcast from two or three weeks ago was a trainwreck in that regard. Felt like some video game talk they just wanted to get over to go back to comedy. Not really what I'm looking for personally.

As far as the SMS meta game goes, I really like it. It's needed as an additional element for engaging the crew. Otherwise Alex would be even grumpier and they wouldn't play Mario Sunshine to begin with. There's room for Jeff playing the old games all by himself and there's room for this.

Again, correct balance and all.

Ashby

I'm 26 and I liked The New Business podcast. Plus they're gonna have guests from now on so it'll be a different vibe.

Valtýr

I'm very happy he has his own site and I like what they do a lot... but I still wish Austin was still around. The Austin/Vinny/Alex dynamic was perfect.

Because Super Mario Sunshine is a good game, unlike garbage like Yakuza 0.

sharon-stone-tr-now-youve-done-it-now-youve-done-it.jpg

Steal My Sunshine is fantastic. I love the tension between them and the game. I almost wept during that interminable sequence of Alex climbing up those fences only to somehow forget that he has a hover jet twice, leading to him losing 10 minutes of progress and giving up.

Well, maybe not wept, but I definitely shouted "no!!" and "what are you doing?!?" multiple times during the latest installment.

Also I'm totally with Dan on it being bullshit that Abby gets two shots at a shine anytime Alex gives up. You can leave a zone. If he quits, give her the option of continuing his run or exiting the zone.

As I look at that dab shirt again, I have to wonder: do you think Jeff, or someone above Jeff, explicitly stated that they wanted to hire and monetize a couple of those millennials during the last round of hiring?

Hindl

Oh I'm totally a super crotchety old man. I'm only 31, but I identify with Jeff and Brad over anyone else on the team. Alex and Vinny and Jeffy-B I'm down with too, but any of the younger crew, I really don't enjoy.

Ok, I'm done, I see that there is a ton of pages lately where it's been pretty sour and we should keep it pretty positive in here. This is my fault and I should keep to the old addage of "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" So I'm done. Sorry for going into rant mode. I'll try to be better.
Well don't go keeping your opinion to yourself because you think no one wants to hear it, you've been explaining and defending your criticisms with examples. The shit people hate in here is when people go "Oh man West is so bad" "East is so good they're basically carrying GB" or otherwise just making it into a competition and randomly sniping at the coasts. You've provided actual arguments so don't feel like you have to hold your tongue

oti

Banned
As I look at that dab shirt again, I have to wonder: do you think Jeff, or someone above Jeff, explicitly stated that they wanted to hire and monetize a couple of those millennials during the last round of hiring?

Why do you think they're all "into" PUBG that much?

#followthemoney

Phatmac

Valtýr;245298876 said:
I'm very happy he has his own site and I like what they do a lot... but I still wish Austin was still around. The Austin/Vinny/Alex dynamic was perfect.
Yeah, he left too soon. I'm sad he never showed how cool Jojo is since he's a fan of the manga. I just miss him at least having some knowledge of anime unlike anyone at GB besides Ben and Jason.

I imagine they said you have a budget for two lower level positions, better hire some of them millennials because you won't have to pay them much.

Ashby

Yeah, he left too soon. I'm sad he never showed how cool Jojo is since he's a fan of the manga. I just miss him at least having some knowledge of anime unlike anyone at GB besides Ben and Jason.
Anytime Ben tries to demonstrate his anime "knowledge" he fucks up lol

kiguel182

This millennial talk is ridiculous. GB isn’t a super serious site, comedy and personalities are part of it. If you don’t like someone’s humor or whatever okay, makes sense. But throwing millennial like that is just dumb.

Oh no, they made a shirt with dabbing, must be corporate making them do it! Wtf. This isn’t even complaining about content.

If all you want is Jeff alone playing old games I’m sure that will still happen anyway. Complaining about dabbing is just dumb and just looks like “old man yelling at clouds”

I miss Austin all the time. I wish I had the time to look into Waypoint stuff.

Wait, I just looked at their Youtube page and was greeted with 12 archives of PUBG streams and a single video about Crazy Taxi. Is this all they do for video?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I miss Austin all the time. I wish I had the time to look into Waypoint stuff.

Wait, I just looked at their Youtube page and was greeted with 12 archives of PUBG streams and a single video about Crazy Taxi. Is this all they do for video?

They don't do a ton of video content. They have the "Guide to Games" series which is a 2 minute video about a random game somebody on the staff enjoys and infrequent features. Streams are more common now that they are doing Battlegrounds constantly but that seems to be the only game they are playing.

This millennial talk is ridiculous. GB isn’t a super serious site, comedy and personalities are part of it. If you don’t like someone’s humor or whatever okay, makes sense. But throwing millennial like that is just dumb.

Oh no, they made a shirt with dabbing, must be corporate making them do it! Wtf. This isn’t even complaining about content.

If all you want is Jeff alone playing old games I’m sure that will still happen anyway. Complaining about dabbing is just dumb and just looks like “old man yelling at clouds”

RGjdwhl.gif

This millennial talk is ridiculous. GB isn't a super serious site, comedy and personalities are part of it. If you don't like someone's humor or whatever okay, makes sense. But throwing millennial like that is just dumb.

Oh no, they made a shirt with dabbing, must be corporate making them do it! Wtf. This isn't even complaining about content.

If all you want is Jeff alone playing old games I'm sure that will still happen anyway. Complaining about dabbing is just dumb and just looks like ”old man yelling at clouds"

oCHNDMn.gif

oti

Banned
In other news. After 50h of Splatoon 2 I decided to pick up The Division again. Got it for free with my 770 years ago, played like half of it and moved on.

Should be a great game to re-listen old GOTY podcasts to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom