• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week: West is bad

This week: East is bad.

Next week Giant Bomb is bad

The following week: ???????

axmr0dgr_700wa_0.gif

"... so I tried to calm down my stomach by eating a ton of Snickers and Starbursts."

Dan...

Dan.

I seriously can't even enjoy this absurdity anymore since he mentioned being diagnosed as pre-diabetic...a year ago?

Yeah yeah, he got married at a Taco Bell, but I thought we were still in the age of New Dan until today when he mentioned having gone years without eating a plain fruit or vegetable and regularly eating Marie Calendar's microwave dinners.

Oh.

Let me be serious for a moment:

Dan is pre diabetic and every time he talks about eating a ton of candy I worry about him.

For a guy in his early 30s Dan's carefree attitude about his health issues is worrisome tbh. Dude has fucked up eyesight, fucked up feet, and is pre-diabetic and almost comes across as bragging about it. I only hope that's just shtick and he's low key taking care of all that shit.

I feel like you are just joking around... but the sad fact is, that it is 1000% totally true. GBEast is basically the same as any other "comedy" thing on youtube. I can't make it through Beastcasts anymore. I've been on the road all week and saw some new premium podcast with Ben and Abby about "New Business"....wow... what the hell did I listen to for about 15 mins? It sounded exactly like some awful rip off copy of some McElroy's podcast. Litterally nothing interesting was said, it was just joking around for likle 15-20 mins (which is all I could make it through) (Also, I can't stand the McElroy's)

Jeff needs to sell Giant Bomb and leave and form a new company where they get back to just playing and talking about video games. I don't need to ever hear the word "dab" ever again in my life. I'm seriously done with this "ironic" making fun of mellinials/memes. If you make that refferance and then keep making it and then KEEP talking about this. It's not ironic, you just actually like it and are interested in it.

GBEast is for kids. Give me Old games show with Jeff everytime over anything GBEast puts out now.

just wanna say this post is insanely entitled and delusional and you should probably seek something that brings you joy rather than watching something you hate

Hindl

Let me be serious for a moment:

Dan is pre diabetic and every time he talks about eating a ton of candy I worry about him.

For a guy in his early 30s Dan's carefree attitude about his health issues is worrisome tbh. Dude has fucked up eyesight, fucked up feet, and is pre-diabetic and almost comes across as bragging about it. I only hope that's just shtick and he's low key taking care of all that shit.
Yeah he's still young enough where he can get away with it, but pretty soon this stuff is gonna start snowballing and he's gonna be really fucked up. And by pretty soon I'm not talking about late 40s and 50s, but more like 3-4 years from now

It's ok, I hate it too. Sunshine is a bad game in general, and it being a Mario game makes it even worse. The whole "meta" game/betting really makes the whole thing even worse. It's background noise at best, but I can't get behind the feature at all. The betting/gumball aspect completely takes away from them talking about the game at all (which the game sucks yeah, but they don't go in depth into it at all)

It's find not to like features. I think this critique is a little disingenuous. I mean, how would you like them to go in depth about the game? Because they talk about it a fair bit and try to figure out some of the puzzle solutions together. Also would that make you watch the series? I also don't think it's background noise because it has already had a lot of moments that are only really funny when you see what happens on screen. I'd argue UPF and Blue Bombing are features that you can put on and have a podcasty experience.

I'm really hating this new way these features are going, where they involve gimmicks and other things instead of just playing games (wheather they are good or bad) and talking about the game with some hang out talk as well. Everything about steal my sunshine screams "YouTube" to me, and its really off putting. I can't stand it. I really hope that this isn't where the site is headed, because if it is, I'll probably stop subbing. I don't need more melllinial type youtube/dabbing crap, I'd be happy with just watching Jeff play Commodore 64 games at home.

I think this criticism doesn't hold any weight either. GB was made as a personality driven site. They've always featured Youtube style content from let's plays to Drew's reaction to eating fermented fish, they built their identity around Youtube styled content much more than a site like 1up who handled personality driven content in a much more produced way.

I think the reason people get annoyed by the criticism here is because it often just comes down to "I don't like so and so" with nothing constructive. I think the site offers a far more diverse range of content than it's ever has before, if you don't see enough of what you like why not talk about things you'd like to see or just unsub?

Milenials are crap just sounds like a personal attack to me so it sits poorly.

Yeah he's still young enough where he can get away with it, but pretty soon this stuff is gonna start snowballing and he's gonna be really fucked up. And by pretty soon I'm not talking about late 40s and 50s, but more like 3-4 years from now

From the personality he puts out there, it seems like he's going to need a major wake up call in the form of a diagnosis or ER visit before he starts changing his lifestyle. I hope it's all an act for his sake.

BearPawB

Banned
The less they talk about super mario sunshine the better.

or do you just want them to say "this game sucks" over and over again?

I'm enjoying the video series mainly for the random chat.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I haven't liked much of what they've done recently (some shorter content would be okay once in awhile. Not everything needs to be a 2+ hours long let's play. TiTR was perfect for that), so I've gone back to playing video games. Ori is a pretty good game.

Hindl

From the personality he puts out there, it seems like he's going to need a major wake up call in the form of a diagnosis or ER visit before he starts changing his lifestyle. I hope it's all an act for his sake.

I'm honestly worried that even a full blown diabetes diagnosis won't stop it. Like, I'd think he'd have to get diabetes and then like a year later a doctor says "We're going to have to amputate your foot in like a month if you don't stop this" in order to change

pizzacat

Banned
I woke up and have a headache, I don't usually get headaches because I'm not a 1000 years old like most of you guys. Since there are so many doctors here today what can I take to stop the headache

If it's an act then he should drop it because it's not funny or cute in that "Oh, Dan..." way. I'm surprised he didn't straight up get food poisoning after that alleged giant meal and then a pound of candy from the last Beastcast.

Dude should get a physical or a blood test. Turn that around.

Zaph

I haven't liked much of what they've done recently (some shorter content would be okay once in awhile. Not everything needs to be a 2+ hours long let's play. TiTR was perfect for that), so I've gone back to playing video games. Ori is a pretty good game.

Dan gave that game what it deserved.

imBask

Banned
He's a grown ass man who admits to eating pounds of candy in one sitting...after being diagnosed as pre-diabetic.

He's either willfully ignorant of the chances he's taking, or it's an act.

he's also an entertainer who exagerates stories all the time

the Giant Bomb NeoGAF Thread Doctors are a little too much for me

Literally half of Off-Topic is people posting about and critiquing the lives of grown ass men, most of them strangers from Florida. Dan is someone whom we all know who unashamedly puts all of this information about himself out there and is open to discussions about it, as is evidenced by stuff like Danswers. It's not like we're making shit up or we pried this information out of his private Facebook posts.

he's also an entertainer who exagerates stories all the time

Are you saying we're being worked into a shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom