• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

drabnon

Honestly, Super Mario Sunshine HD on Switch with reworked controls would be real tempting as someone who doesn't own a Switch yet.

oti

Banned
After the KH 3D QL DM posted here I'm watching some 3DS QLs and man, that little machine has a ton of great games. Luigi's Mansion 2 is unbelievably charming.

soundtest

Banned
After the KH 3D QL DM posted here I'm watching some 3DS QLs and man, that little machine has a ton of great games. Luigi's Mansion 2 is unbelievably charming.

the only issue i had with LM2 is that if you died in one long ass level and didnt have that extra life you could easily find yourself redoing a 40 minute stage.

that and that it felt a tad too long

oti

Banned
the only issue i had with LM2 is that if you died in one long ass level and didnt have that extra life you could easily find yourself redoing a 40 minute stage.

that and that it felt a tad too long
Yeah. I don't think I actually finished it. Can't remember to be honest.

I'd say wait until they get further into sunshine before deciding you want to play the game
I just need to know if the controls are bad or if they are playing badly.

soundtest

Banned
it's a combo of bad controls, bad camera, bad stage designs, and them playing it once a week so they're not quite as leet at is as someone who would be playing it regularly.

I bet they wouldnt have issues if this was Galaxy, you know an actual good one of these.

Nerokis

This latest PUBG is great so far. Cross coast banter has been on point, Alex's "that's a shame, Dan" moment was straight up cathartic, and the flow of action has been almost perfect.

There have been some mediocre episodes, but a good amount of PUBG has been top notch content.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say only 2 really.

The rest is average to "well, I guess I can still have it on the background".

Last one was very good though.

Do you have a Wii? Use that or buy one! Can also play some Galaxy then :)

I did, but I donated it. I still have some games. I have Galaxy 2 but been meaning to grab Galaxy 1 on Wii U VC.

it's a combo of bad controls, bad camera, bad stage designs, and them playing it once a week so they're not quite as leet at is as someone who would be playing it regularly.

I bet they wouldnt have issues if this was Galaxy, you know an actual good one of these.

I can concede Mario Sunshine probably controls fine (and probably better than SM64) but the FLUDD mechanic, whether someone is good at the game or not, just seems like an albatross, and the tropical island world is just kind of boring after a while. When they get to the FLUDD-less stages is when I'm most into it.

This is kind of why a strange part of me wants to revisit it myself.

But don't get me wrong, in the end Steal My Sunshine has been stupid fun to watch.

2954506-cp_thedarksidedetective_ql_08022017.00_00_06_36.still001.jpg

Quick Look: The Darkside Detective
Join Abby and Vinny as they solve the mystery of what happened to a little girl and which adventure game is the best.

soundtest

Banned
i'll acknowledge Galaxy and Galaxy 2 the day they'll release them on Switch with no motion control whatsoever

what a sad life, Galaxy is legit an amazing game and the motion controls arent really much of a dealbreaker

plus it looks great in dolphin and with dolphin no longer having shader stuttering i bet it runs well too

Nerokis

I'd say only 2 really.

The rest is average to "well, I guess I can still have it on the background".

Last one was very good though.

I'm almost the opposite. I remember around 3 meh episodes, with the rest falling somewhere between good and fantastic. But yeah, the last one was one of the best.

Ashby

how do you point to the bits flying everywhere in Dolphin if it gets rid of motion controls? (actual question)

I might actually give Dolphin a shot
I would assume you could map pointer functionality to a right analog stick or even use the mouse.

KingKong

Sunshine seems full of platforms and coins that are just hovering in a 3d space which is very difficult to aim at, especially with the 360 degree fludd movement (which is why so many games just show your shadow when youre above platforms)

Lari

Super Mario Sunshine is one of the few Mario games I never played.

I kinda get the itch to play it from Steal My Sunshine, but at the same time some stuff in it seem infuriating.

Meguro

Banned
Yeah, 10 shines later I'm convinced their setup introduces some serious lag or something.
It controls absolutely fine except for that horrendous camera.

Watching the Bombcast. Man I'd love a Genesis mini that had, like, actual effort put into it. Feel like I'm just better off hunting down a copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

daveo42

Banned
Watched Steal My Sunshine ep 4 last night. Abby's scream is the absolute best. Also the endlessly bleating Yoshi egg. I'd say the only negative I do have is that Sunshine does not seem to be an Alex game at all. He's had some good runs here and there, but yesterday's platforming section with him failing over and over again was a bit hard to watch. Especially when it seemed like Abby had less of an issue with it.

Being less tense during those sections or heading up an alternative route would have been better options as opposed to him missing a handful of jumps over and over again. Good job on chat at least giving him tips here and there on getting around it.

Well, today is Dota day at West...

oti

Banned
I don't know why but the level design and look of Galaxy 1 and 2 has always made me dislike it alot. It just feels off.

But I've never played it.

There's a certain disconnect between colourful Mario and the cold dark nothingness of space...
But it's really good. There are more traditional levels and the level design is super tight. Jump to one orb, master the challenge, jump to the next orb and so on.

I don't know why but the level design and look of Galaxy 1 and 2 has always made me dislike it alot. It just feels off.

But I've never played it.

You should definitely give it a chance if you enjoy Mario games, it has some of the best level design in the entire series.

Steal my Sunshine remains the best feature on the site.

Constructive criticism:

Be less clicky and give my broken dyslexic brain time to read text Abby.

Scizzy

75% of the way done with the Bombcast. Rorie had better say something adorably nonsensical soon, because this podcast is almost over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom