• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's also an entertainer who exagerates stories all the time

the Giant Bomb NeoGAF Thread Doctors are a little too much for me

1. He's also a guy who has, let's say, a lot to fucking learn. Odds he's not exaggerating are high.
2. It doesn't take a doctor to know that pre-diabetes + pound of candy is a bad combo.

kiguel182

I don't want to seem like I'm diagnosing him. I hope that it is all an act and he is taking care of himself. But can't help to worry a bit when he says it.

pizzacat

Banned
Morphine.
C-XHaMdXsAMWg1N.jpg

imBask

Banned
1. He's also a guy who has, let's say, a lot to fucking learn. Odds he's not exaggerating are high.
2. It doesn't take a doctor to know that pre-diabetes + pound of candy is a bad combo.

you're being awfully reductive and pretty patronizing if you feel like it's your job to teach Dan, a 30 something year old, how to live his life.

there's a limit to fandom

daveo42

Banned

I mean if he is, sure fine whatever. But if he's serious about some of the things he does or is unaware of, then having some general concern that bad?

Too busy writing fanfics of me tucking dan to sleep after his teachings

But all fanfics end with sex, so add it in there and you should be golden.

look mark i'm saying Dan is working a worked shoot and you're marking out for a work that's not that much of a shoot, mark

brother

See, normally if you have a staff member potentially shootin', you got a 50-50 chance of a shoot. But Dan's a genetic freak and he's not normal. So you got a 25 per cent - at best - to not be worked by him. And then you add Vinny to the mix, your chances of not being worked drastically go down. You see, at the four way at Steal my Sunshine you got a 25 and 1/4 chance of not being worked. But Dan, Dan's got a 66 and 2/3 chance of worked shooting cause Vinny knows he can work Dan and he's certainly gonna try. So viewer, you take your 25 and 1/4 chance, minus Dan's 25 per cent chance and you got an 8 and 1/4 chance of being not being worked on Steal my Sunshine. But then you take Dan's 85 per cent chance of working a shoot if it goes one on one and then add the 75 and 3/4 per cent chance, Dan's got a 151 and 3/4 chance of working you at Steal my Sunshine. See viewer, the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at Steal my Sunshine.

you're being awfully reductive and pretty patronizing if you feel like it's your job to teach Dan, a 30 something year old, how to live his life.

there's a limit to fandom

Growing older doesn't magically come with a yearly download of new information, and if you've listened to Dan for any amount of time you, know two things. Firstly, he is kind of a late bloomer on a ton of life knowledge. Secondly, he is generally open to learning and feedback.

Nerokis

I don't want to seem like I'm diagnosing him. I hope that it is all an act and he is taking care of himself. But can't help to worry a bit when he says it.

I don't think it's an act. We can be pretty confident Dan has prediabetes, eats ridiculous amounts of unhealthy stuff sometimes, and should probably be doing a better job watching out for his health.

The thing that's relevant here isn't Dan's shtick, which people invoke totally arbitrarily to explain some of his more unusual antics, but the fact that we don't actually have a particularly good view of his life. We don't know his fitness regimen, how representative of his overall lifestyle these "I've eaten 100-1,000 starbursts in the past week" stories are, how often he checks in with his doctor, and other things along these lines.

With everything he's told us, I think it's right to be a little worried about him. It's just worth remembering that we're missing a good amount of context.

I un-ironically love this game

There is a wrestling video game youtube channel i'm subbed to and they played this game:
https://youtu.be/tUvZaCu0Un4?t=2909

This game is fucking insane

I hope they show off the stupid stuff you can do like having a 3ft ring cage match

You can also have a Royal Rumble match with no ropes and again, a 3ft ring.

It also does some neat stuff that other wrestling games actually don't have

Look at this mess. You can stack tables on top of each other and climb all the way to the top, through the roof. It's awesome.

kiguel182

It's true we don't have complete perspective about this stuff. Which is why I'm also not here to give him life advice and just hope he does take care about himself better than he shows.

Curufinwe

If it's an act then he should drop it because it's not funny or cute in that "Oh, Dan..." way. I'm surprised he didn't straight up get food poisoning after that alleged giant meal and then a pound of candy from the last Beastcast.

Dude should get a physical or a blood test. Turn that around.

If not for his own health, maybe he could change his diet so that he's not always leaving his co-workers to carry the load while he's off shitting out a pound of candy or pissing out a gallon of soda.

I use the posting of that Hogan tweet as a mental marker that we've come full circle in this thread. Now, it all begins again...just like Wrestlemania XX.

If not for his own health, maybe he could change his diet so that he's not always leaving his co-workers to carry the load while he's off shitting out a pound of candy or pissing out a gallon of soda.

Yeah jeez, maybe corporate should have a word with him or something.

kiguel182

Remember my Gonner v Tumbleseed problem?

Tumbleseed got a discount and a beefy update so I got it. Can't wait to be super frustrated!

You're all fooling yourself if you think Dan wasn't taking bumps of angel dust every time he went to bathroom on SMS, every time he came back he said something more insane than the last time. Could have been PCP, speed, or even a little giggle bush, there's no way of knowing but those statements did not come from a man who wasn't under the influence of something.

You're all fooling yourself if you think Dan wasn't taking bumps of angel dust every time he went to bathroom on SMS, every time he came back he said something more insane than the last time. Could have been PCP, speed, or even a little giggle bush, there's no way of knowing but those statements did not come from a man who wasn't under the influence of something.
giphy.gif

daveo42

Banned

G4QSvUr.gif

Gotta get the hunk a dunk if you wanna feel right

Hindl

Dan's spending his bathroom breaks going down the most glorious K-holes you've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom