• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuchu

I would like to see Dan explain what Revolver Ocelot's motivations are in each MGS game, and then also explain how those motivations aren't contradictory with each other or with his actions

Ocelot seems like a totally different character in MGSV and it makes no sense. Then again MGSV is unfinished and barely has any story. What's funny is that Metal Gear Rising - a platinum joint - has more cutscenes and arguably a better story than MGSV.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Video game stories always been shit

when people say games have 'good stories' they actually mean games have 'good characters'. by the merit of how much action and player input and length a game must meet, it's impossible to find a good narrative.

VTMB is one of the best written games ever. Because of the characters, not the story. Same for Fallout New Vegas.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I've only been playing narrative games this year.

Not to say all of them are good.

Some are pretty alright.

danm999

Ocelot seems like a totally different character in MGSV and it makes no sense. Then again MGSV is unfinished and barely has any story. What's funny is that Metal Gear Rising - a platinum joint - has more cutscenes and arguably a better story than MGSV.

Playing through FFXV at the moment and I'm realising it has the same problem.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Night In The Woods has a dumb story that is really bad by the end

but some of the characters are really good
Playing through FFXV at the moment and I'm realising it has the same problem.

FFXV pre-chapter 8 and post chapter 8 might as well be two different releases

xuchu

Video game stories always been shit

when people say games have 'good stories' they actually mean games have 'good characters'. by the merit of how much action and player input and length a game must meet, it's impossible to find a good narrative.

VTMB is one of the best written games ever. Because of the characters, not the story. Same for Fallout New Vegas.

What bout that Planescape though ;)

Jintor

It's definitely got the better codecs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love the a.c. games solely for virtual historical tourism and they've only gotten better in that respect

It's why I hate 4. Gameplay is just serviceable enough to let me have a good time to explore old civilization

ArjanN

Ocelot was basically a different character each game and MGS is full of retcons and straight up nonsense.

That said MGS still has way more interesting and memorable moments and characters than Assassins Creed which never went anywhere after AC2. So trying to use that as some sort of counterpoint against Dan doesn't make a lot of sense.

- J - D -

The MGS series story has been corny bullshit from the getgo. It's mid-tier anime with a hardcore military sci-fi attention to detail.

xuchu

Ocelot was basically a different character each game and MGS is full of retcons and straight up nonsense.

That said MGS still has way more interesting and memorable moments and characters than Assassins Creed which never went anywhere after AC2. So trying to use that as some sort of counterpoint against Dan doesn't make a lot of sense.

Eh, I ain't defending AC. Just that MGS story is trash that I took way too seriously when I was a teen.

I've been catching up on Beast in the East and man watching them figure out the cabaret club minigame was brutal but they did all right, but also in fairness I didn't think the game explained either that or real estate particularly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom