• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent hill 2 has the best psychological horror story pound for pound. The way each character sees the monsters of silent hill are result of their inner demons and fears and themes it presents/what the monsters represent have had essays written about them same as mgs2. It can maybe work as a movie but little touches like the Mary's letter
slowly fading and becoming a blank piece of paper
by the end can only really have the same impact in a game.

Also, Akira Yamaoka da gawd for tying everything together with a beautiful bow.
I mean, the audience was giving them nothing to work with, but that was far from the only reason the show was bad.

If I was forced into playing games like that for 2 hours then I would've wanted to die as well.

At least we got BiTE tomorrow.

rikC9DN.png

They're almost there. I can't believe Kiwami is coming out real soon, very excited for it even though I've played Yakuza 1 before.

If I was forced into playing games like that for 2 hours then I would've wanted to die as well.

Then why could they play something like Sonic Heroes on Demo Derby and make entertaining content out of it while Sonic Adventure is dull as shit on UPF (despite breaking even more than Heroes did)?

And it's not like they started with the suggestions immediately. It was boring when they were playing stuff Jeff picked, too.

xuchu

They're almost there. I can't believe Kiwami is coming out real soon, very excited for it even though I've played Yakuza 1 before.

Funny that Alex has gotten more into the series than Dan - the one playing it - although I'm sure he likes it too. BitE has been great.

Glad to see Alex has it high on his list, probably not going to top Nier for him but I'm glad he enjoyed it.

As for Kiwami, I ordered my steelbook (I went digital with zero though) and look forward to playing Kiwami.

I'm also gonna get Agents of Mayhem in August but so far, I've just been playing Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and Baseball Riot.

Then why could they play something like Sonic Heroes on Demo Derby and make entertaining content out of it while Sonic Adventure is dull as shit on UPF (despite breaking even more than Heroes did)?

And it's not like they started with the suggestions immediately. It was boring when they were playing stuff Jeff picked, too.

Because Sonic Adventure is overplayed at this point. Now if they were playing BIG THE CAT storyline, then we'd have something. It wasn't all that bad to me though, it was just eh. like ok, it ain't the end of the world. I did enjoy seeing Clustertruck for abit however, that game could be made even more insane if it was streamed on Twitch since audience can directly influence gameplay mechanics.

So I originally came in here to defend and talk about Metal Gear Solid's story and instead ended up posting about Assassin's Creed. Then, just there I found myself reading through an Assassin's Creed wiki.
How...how the fuck did that happen?

I have a headache now, I have to lie down. Good night gbgaf!

ps Data West, play Bloodborne it's amazing!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I originally came in here to defend and talk about Metal Gear Solid's story and instead ended up posting about Assassin's Creed. Then, just there I found myself reading through an Assassin's Creed wiki.

I played it up to Vicar. I tried playing it again and completely forgot the map, my items, what i was doing, etc and i dont care enough to relearn everything or start over

my bad

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Going from the mediocrity of FF15, I have started Gat Outta Hell

As someone who found SR3 to be a disappointment, SR4 to be the point of no return to one of my favorite franchises, I'm sure this'll go well

it was free on PS+, I didnt spend money on it.

As someone who found SR3 to be a disappointment, SR4 to be the point of no return to one of my favorite franchises, I'm sure this'll go well

that doesn't mean you have to play it

i liked SR4 and thought it was lousy

Curufinwe

I'm really late, but how the fuck does no one on the Beastcast mention Metal Gear when Dan said "that turns me off instantly when a story gets really up its own ass".

What games did the community suggest on upf anyway?

In no particular order.

Death Road to Canada
Cyberpunk Bartender Action
The Cat Games
It came from space and ate our brains
Super Noah's Ark
BANG BANG BANG!
Gal Gun
Weed Shop 2
Clustertruck
Sonic Adventure
Mount & Blade: Warband

It is important to remember that some games are good if not great but they're not good on streams unless your stream is more than 2-3 hours.

Teddified

It's just basically more of SR4, and I think all the story stuff is locked behind doing a number of side stuff so you can get a number up to a certain percent to unlock the next story thing, which I don't think there were much of.

Ashby

Jeff yelled at Brad when Brad put a teabag on the floor but doesn't say anything about Ben putting his sneaks on the couch???

In no particular order.

Death Road to Canada
The Cat Games
Super Noah's Ark
BANG BANG BANG!
Gal Gun
Weed Shop 2
Clustertruck
Sonic Adventure

It is important to remember that some games are good if not great but they're not good on streams unless your stream is more than 2-3 hours.

Of course some said Gal Gun.

I'm really late, but how the fuck does no one on the Beastcast mention Metal Gear when Dan said "that turns me off instantly when a story gets really up its own ass".

Jeff kinda does a few minutes later. Dan says Metal Gear is the best story in all of fiction, and Jeff says "Well that kind of negates everything you just said."

In no particular order.

Death Road to Canada
The Cat Games
Super Noah's Ark
BANG BANG BANG!
Gal Gun
Weed Shop 2
Clustertruck
Sonic Adventure

Thanks. Sounds like a nightmare.

Speaking of BIG THE CAT, I forgot to post this screenshot I took on Instagram yesterday. The real BIG THE CAT <3.

Why is Jeff's cat so cynical?

Playlist:
American Truck Simulator
Stellaris
House of the Dying Sun
Enter the Gungeon
Rocksmith 2014
Spelunky

One run of the Enter the Gungeon and the Spelunky Daily every night. Thirty minutes of Rocksmith as I try again to learn to play the guitar. Stellaris or ATS is close to getting put aside for a while though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom